Could the Koch Brothers take out Trump?

Why is Donald Trump against the Koch Brothers?

Apparently they've trampled on The Donald's pride. Kinda funny, iyam.

Actually the Koch Brothers and Trump have historically been good friends and allies. They are neighbors in their Florida properties and have shared a lot of common goals. The only 'rift' if one even exists is in the Koch Brothers going politically correct over Trumps more un-PC comments and that has only made people appreciate Trump more for having the guts to say what most thinking people think.

Anyway, given the left's venon and hatred directed at the Koch Brothers, it sure won't hurt Trump if they aren't 'friends'.

I think the "purest" of the GOP have a great disdain for Trump. They don't trust him and think he is a loud mouth.....Personally, I think.....IT IS VERY FUNNY!:rofl:

The 'let's don't offend anybody' and 'say only what has been poll tested as safe to say' crowd, (i.e. candidates and members of Congress and others who make their living from government,) of course profess disdain for Trump. Do they have disdain for him? That's really questionable. But PC rules dictate that they have to say they do.

But the people themselves who are sick to death of the same carefully scripted poll-tested rhetoric from politicians who say one thing as candidates, and who govern entirely differently, are finding Trump to be a breath of fresh air. His appeal is he doesn't CARE whether the PC crowd approves of him or not. Not even the Koch Brothers.

Actually the Koch Brothers and Trump have historically been good friends and allies. They are neighbors in their Florida properties and have shared a lot of common goals. The only 'rift' if one even exists is in the Koch Brothers going politically correct over Trumps more un-PC comments and that has only made people appreciate Trump more for having the guts to say what most thinking people think.

Anyway, given the left's venon and hatred directed at the Koch Brothers, it sure won't hurt Trump if they aren't 'friends'.

I think the "purest" of the GOP have a great disdain for Trump. They don't trust him and think he is a loud mouth.....Personally, I think.....IT IS VERY FUNNY!:rofl:

The 'let's don't offend anybody' and 'say only what has been poll tested as safe to say' crowd, (i.e. candidates and members of Congress and others who make their living from government,) of course profess disdain for Trump. Do they have disdain for him? That's really questionable. But PC rules dictate that they have to say they do.

But the people themselves who are sick to death of the same carefully scripted poll-tested rhetoric from politicians who say one thing as candidates, and who govern entirely differently, are finding Trump to be a breath of fresh air. His appeal is he doesn't CARE whether the PC crowd approves of him or not. Not even the Koch Brothers.

I respectfully disagree, he does care or he wouldn't have tweeted about it and included the "puppets" remark at the end. That is as obvious a case of sour grapes as I've seen in a long time and his ego cannot handle the Koch brothers shutting him out, no matter what he says.

As for saying what he's supposed to say, that's all well and good and I understand it to an extent, but where's the content? Where's the policy? That's what blows my mind. He's not rolled out ANYTHING, just a ton of bullshit rhetoric.

I respectfully disagree, he does care or he wouldn't have tweeted about it and included the "puppets" remark at the end. That is as obvious a case of sour grapes as I've seen in a long time and his ego cannot handle the Koch brothers shutting him out, no matter what he says.

As for saying what he's supposed to say, that's all well and good and I understand it to an extent, but where's the content? Where's the policy? That's what blows my mind. He's not rolled out ANYTHING, just a ton of bullshit rhetoric.

Show me a candidate anywhere that doesn't roll out a lot of bullshit rhetoric. Not a single one of them can assure us that they will or can accomplish anything they promise to do as a candidate. Again what we get is poll tested and carefully scripted rhetoric they hope to get them elected, and then they seem to forget all about that when they are elected and it is time to put their actions where their mouth is. Most of them don't.

So as far as policy goes, I have no reason to distrust Trump any more than anybody else aspiring to positions of power, And I suspect Trump also knows that the more they diss him, the better he looks to the people that no longer trust THEM.

Really? I am very shocked that many in the GOP place so much trust in someone who has so drastically flipped on positions in the past few years. I enjoy asking dedicated Republicans how they feel about Trump. Right now it is running about 3 to 1 see him negatively, as I ask around. The Poll numbers are deceiving, IMO.

Time will tell if he can stay at the top. If he backs off of his bellicose rhetoric, I predict his number will fall drastically.

Imo, the Trump supporters' primary motivation is that they don't like being told who the nominee should be by a few billionaires. They might not be sophisticates, but 400 individuals (many of whom control corporations like the Kochs) have given over half the money so far raised. If that isn't buying govt, nothing is. And that goes to both parties.

Trump "only" has about 1-5 gop votes. So, I don't think Trump has an easy, or even possible, way to the nomination, but the Kochs cannot control his supporters.

Really? I am very shocked that many in the GOP place so much trust in someone who has so drastically flipped on positions in the past few years. I enjoy asking dedicated Republicans how they feel about Trump. Right now it is running about 3 to 1 see him negatively, as I ask around. The Poll numbers are deceiving, IMO.

Time will tell if he can stay at the top. If he backs off of his bellicose rhetoric, I predict his number will fall drastically.

I don't see anywhere in my post that anybody is putting trust in anybody. But every once in awhile, I think people get so fed up with the devil they know that they are willing to try an unknown. And I don't think Trump has flipped on issues anywhere near to the degree that a Hillary has--you know, the current annointed one--or that Barack Obama has but got re-elected anyway. So I don't think it is an issue of "GOP trust" at all.

I don't see anywhere in my post that anybody is putting trust in anybody. But every once in awhile, I think people get so fed up with the devil they know that they are willing to try an unknown. And I don't think Trump has flipped on issues anywhere near to the degree that a Hillary has--you know, the current annointed one--or that Barack Obama has but got re-elected anyway. So I don't think it is an issue of "GOP trust" at all.

Okay, so you don't see a chance of Trump being elected and becoming a Liberal....once again?

Okay, so you don't see a chance of Trump being elected and becoming a Liberal....once again?

I don't think Trump has ever been a liberal. Does he take a far right position on everything? No. He never has and no doubt never will. I don't know any true conservatives/libertarians who do. The point is, the Democrats set the bar very very low re expectations of character and moral center in their candidates. The GOP I think expect a bit more honesty from those they admire, and right now the perception is that Trump leads the pack in the honesty department.

I don't think Trump has ever been a liberal. Does he take a far right position on everything? No. He never has and no doubt never will. I don't know any true conservatives/libertarians who do. The point is, the Democrats set the bar very very low re expectations of character and moral center in their candidates. The GOP I think expect a bit more honesty from those they admire, and right now the perception is that Trump leads the pack in the honesty department.

The guy who gave out an competitor's personal phone number is the leader in Republican polling.
If anything, you guys have zero standards when it comes to morals or character.

Honesty? Puh-leeze.

We all know for sure, if they had done that to "the donald" he would "sue" lol His great line.
And this from the party that is against frivolous law suits.
The Lawsuits of Donald Trump - The Atlantic

In January 2006, Trump filed a $5 billion lawsuit against author Timothy O'Brien and his publisher for understating Trump's wealth. In his book Trump Nation, O'Brien reported that three people close to Trump had estimated his worth at between $150 and $250 million. Trump, who said he had told O'Brien that he was worth between $4 billion and $6 billion, claimed that O'Brien's low estimate had hurt his reputation and cost him specific business deals. Trump's suit was dismissed in July 2009, and his subsequent appeal failed in September 2011. "Essentially the judge just said 'Trump is too famous,'" Trump told Atlantic author William D. Cohan. " 'He's so famous that you're allowed to say anything you want about him.' Well, I disagree with that."

The guy who gave out an competitor's personal phone number is the leader in Republican polling.

Honesty? Puh-leeze.

Changing the subject to a personal conflict that has nothing to do whatsoever with anybody else are we folks? To equate that with cover ups and flat out lies and misrepresentations that does affect people is a pretty good indication you're out of ammo. But have a pleasant evening.

The point is, the Democrats set the bar very very low re expectations of character and moral center in their candidates. The GOP I think expect a bit more honesty from those they admire, and right now the perception is that Trump leads the pack in the honesty department.

Hi, Pot.

Honesty? Puh-leeze.

Trumps ethics are pretty high.....:blahblah:

Of course they are. He is a token catholic too. So he will appeal to the religious right.
Married...how many times? Three is it!

Honesty? Puh-leeze.

Of course they are. He is a token catholic too. So he will appeal to the religious right.
Married...how many times? Three is it!

Honesty? Puh-leeze.

Ad he takes the little crackers, but he doesn't know why .but he is "Very Rich!"

Forum List

Back