Could Nixon have posssibly defeated RFK??

Dare I say it?

I can't believe I'm going to say this and I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong,
but wasn't RFK killed by a Palestinian?

Youve got it alllllllll wrong...........It was the same guy from the grassy knoll

No way would Nixon have defeated RFK - when he just barely eaked out a win over the unpopular VP HHH.

I remember listening on the radio for theresults in Illionois to come in that clinched in for Nixon.

Hard to say....the country had already had 2 terms of Johnson (including first two with JFK). RFK would have to run more against Johnson than vs. Nixon. Nixon would have run against Kennedys-Johnson. Both would have promised out of Vietnam (as Nixon did) but I believe even if RFK had been President, US presence in Vietnam would have gone until 1975.

I think RFK would have won a fairly deciseve win over Nixon - may be wrong.

I recall the 68 election being a nail-biter - one of the closest in history.

(Nixon was familiar with those)

Nixon pulled out Illionois and Hawaii.

I dont think so

I think it would have been a tough fight and would have come down to a judges decision after 15 rounds, with RFK winning by a slim margin. But if Nixon landed a roundhouse or two, he could have won with a TKO.

RFK had a longer reach, though. Nixon would have to corner him and force a close contact fight.

I don't know.

I agree - once RFK got past the defeat in Oregon to Eugene McCarthy and won in Calif.

" wasn't RFK killed by a Palestinian?"

It supposes acceptance of a definition of 'Palestinian'.

Sirhan had some sort of agenda.

I don't recall RFK being anti Palestinian. -

More than religion, the Kennedy success story is more incredible in light of the family's source of riches.

Forum List

Back