Could China Beat The USA In A War?

Define "win". What are China's goals in a war? Taking over the Spratly Islands? Invading Taiwan? Invading Hawaii?

Invasion of Taiwan - the Chinese have very long memories.

The Taiwanese would have something to say about that, they do keep a modern army and navy active.

People look at Taiwan as an easy target. Launching an invasion over 90 miles of open sea is not easy. Look at the thousands of ships we needed at Normandy. Taiwan is prepared to attack those ships with modern missiles and aircraft. It would be a bloodbath for China

Obviously you were not listening earlier. The Russians have been doing drills in the South China Sea with China in preparation for a future war. They are not doing these drills for their health, RW. The Chinese have built artificial islands throughout the region and are using them as military bases. They have not done that for their health, RW. The writing is on the wall. Read it or read this thread which will interpret it for you. I don't believe I could make it any more clear for you.

This Russian Navy?

http://theweek.com/articles/572496/russias-navy-falling-apart

Do you believe everything you read? Or are you just hoping everyone else will?

The pop generation doesn't even know what the word "war" means. During WW2 weapon technology was advanced enough to kill 20 million people, civilians and soldiers alike. Today who knows. Maybe the pop generation thinks the adventures in Korea, Vietnam and Iraq/Afghanistan are examples of "war". They are nothing but localized conflicts. Nobody wins a real war.

The Taiwanese would have something to say about that, they do keep a modern army and navy active.

People look at Taiwan as an easy target. Launching an invasion over 90 miles of open sea is not easy. Look at the thousands of ships we needed at Normandy. Taiwan is prepared to attack those ships with modern missiles and aircraft. It would be a bloodbath for China

Obviously you were not listening earlier. The Russians have been doing drills in the South China Sea with China in preparation for a future war. They are not doing these drills for their health, RW. The Chinese have built artificial islands throughout the region and are using them as military bases. They have not done that for their health, RW. The writing is on the wall. Read it or read this thread which will interpret it for you. I don't believe I could make it any more clear for you.

You realize China probably couldn't even beat Japan right?
Japan's Smaller Military Could Match China - Business Insider

Let me repeat myself again. The Russians are in alliance with the Chinese and have already agreed to back China when the time comes. What part of that do you not understand?

You really are an idiot. You know we spend more on the military than russia and China combined right? Do you think europe and Japan would just sit out? Russia does not have the means to attack us.

You realize China probably couldn't even beat Japan right?
Japan's Smaller Military Could Match China - Business Insider

Let me repeat myself again. The Russians are in alliance with the Chinese and have already agreed to back China when the time comes. What part of that do you not understand?

“History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Mark Twain

The pop generation doesn't even know what the word "war" means. During WW2 weapon technology was advanced enough to kill 20 million people, civilians and soldiers alike. Today who knows. Maybe the pop generation thinks the adventures in Korea, Vietnam and Iraq/Afghanistan are examples of "war". They are nothing but localized conflicts. Nobody wins a real war.
You sound mad. At soda.

This Russian Navy?

Russia's navy is falling apart

Jeremiah

You seem like a very nice woman........But you reside in a batshit crazy conspiracy theory driven world

While I find your posts funny, I do not take them seriously

There is not going to be a war with China. It would harm them too much economically. It will render their American debt instruments virtually worthless; such a large conflict will disrupt global markets; and without American spending power they will lose one of their biggest markets. The idea is absurd.

In addition, even if China could defeat us in a war, it would be protracted conflict given the state of our militaries and China would emerge so bruised and battered that they would go into an economic recession and be susceptible to foreign influence like Russia.

Now, would China and Russia form an alliance to defeat America? Again, why would they even want to? With economies being global they would only be hurting themselves. Both countries have major investments in America. Let's say Putin attacks America, even with a Chinese alliance. NATO counter strikes. Russia owns half of Europe. So what will Russia do? Carpet bomb Europe and destroy its investments in order to quell a NATO counter strike? The idea is patently stupid.

Even if the 2 countries - China and Russia - decide to attack America, and thereby accept huge financial loss with an expectation of long term gain by winning the war and having a defeated America on its knees, the most efficient way to do this is nuclear war. It will keep actual armed conflict to a minimum if you use nukes, thereby mitigating to some degree the harm they will incur. However, for nuclear war to work you must have First Strike capability; that is, the ability to strike a decisive blow while suffering only relatively nominal and acceptable loss (I.e., you survive the counter-strike).

Russia and China both lack First Strike capability. If either or both attempt to launch their ICBMs at us they will be literally annihilated within a couple of hours. What good is an America on its knees if they are also on their knees?

This is an exercise in idiocy. We are not headed for a war with China. At least not in the next few decades.
Obama is quietly disarming us. I've heard he's been busy tearing apart our ICBMs for years. Don't know for sure if it's true because any info on it is classified.

At last count 147 of our finest Military leaders were either fired or retired. Our military is not prepared and to be clear - with our fighter jets being fitted with Chinese parts - chips (that have already been proven defective and caused some to crash) we're wide open for enemy invasion and a situation in which we could not respond. Again - too many are unaware of exactly how vulnerable the American people are. The American people can thank Hillary Clinton for giving the Russians the geographical locations and personal tours of our nuclear sites. Before this - they didn't know where they were - now they do. I'm sure she would tell you all not to worry. After all - she has pushed the reset button with the Russians. Remember that?

This Russian Navy?

Jeremiah

You seem like a very nice woman........But you reside in a batshit crazy conspiracy theory driven world

Thank you, RW. As for residing in a crazy conspiracy theory driven world? The Bible is not a conspiracy book. What is happening right now was prophesied by the Hebrew prophets long ago and it is all coming to pass before our eyes. The evidence is all around us. America has a serious sin problem and an impending judgment forthcoming. God is a righteous, just, and Holy God. He always Keeps His Word. Count on it.

When you see it come to pass? You will take it seriously, RW. All of you will take it seriously because when it hits home? That is what happens. People wake up. People repent. God suddenly has everyone's attention.

My hope is that some of you would turn to Him now - before the day of disaster is upon you. That you'd prepare your hearts and find refuge in Jesus Christ now. Afterwards may be too late. Why take the chance? Tomorrow is no guarantee. Today is the day of Salvation. Today.

There is not going to be a war with China. It would harm them too much economically. It will render their American debt instruments virtually worthless; such a large conflict will disrupt global markets; and without American spending power they will lose one of their biggest markets. The idea is absurd.

In addition, even if China could defeat us in a war, it would be protracted conflict given the state of our militaries and China would emerge so bruised and battered that they would go into an economic recession and be susceptible to foreign influence like Russia.

Now, would China and Russia form an alliance to defeat America? Again, why would they even want to? With economies being global they would only be hurting themselves. Both countries have major investments in America. Let's say Putin attacks America, even with a Chinese alliance. NATO counter strikes. Russia owns half of Europe. So what will Russia do? Carpet bomb Europe and destroy its investments in order to quell a NATO counter strike? The idea is patently stupid.

Even if the 2 countries - China and Russia - decide to attack America, and thereby accept huge financial loss with an expectation of long term gain by winning the war and having a defeated America on its knees, the most efficient way to do this is nuclear war. It will keep actual armed conflict to a minimum if you use nukes, thereby mitigating to some degree the harm they will incur. However, for nuclear war to work you must have First Strike capability; that is, the ability to strike a decisive blow while suffering only relatively nominal and acceptable loss (I.e., you survive the counter-strike).

Russia and China both lack First Strike capability. If either or both attempt to launch their ICBMs at us they will be literally annihilated within a couple of hours. What good is an America on its knees if they are also on their knees?

This is an exercise in idiocy. We are not headed for a war with China. At least not in the next few decades.

You are wrong, Buzz. We are indeed going to go to war with China over Taiwan and then the Russians are going to do a nuclear strike on the United States and begin an invasion that you will not be able to escape. Truth is sovereign. It does not change because it is inconvenient or doesn't fit into your agenda. That is the nature of the truth. Facts may change. Truth does not change. Either you repent of your sins and call upon the Lord Jesus Christ to save you and become your Lord and Savior? Or you'll be destroyed. It's not mulitiple choice and God isn't grading on a curve here. Judgment is at the door. What are you going to do about it?

Dude, you apparently do not understand geopolitics or nuclear conflict. Talking about someone who will not accept something outside of his agenda - take a look at yourself. You are wanting us to act on the basis of what you believe an invisible and non-existent supernatural entity wants us to do. Yes, I am calling God a fiction (sometimes you have to spell it out for these people). I may be a right winger, but I am not stupid, you dumbass! Your concern for the literal application of religious doctrine is bizarre and borders on a mental disorder.

This Russian Navy?

Jeremiah

Thank you, RW. As for residing in a crazy conspiracy theory driven world? The Bible is not a conspiracy book. What is happening right now was prophesied by the Hebrew prophets long ago and it is all coming to pass before our eyes. The evidence is all around us. America has a serious sin problem and an impending judgment forthcoming. God is a righteous, just, and Holy God. He always Keeps His Word. Count on it.

When you see it come to pass? You will take it seriously, RW. All of you will take it seriously because when it hits home? That is what happens. People wake up. People repent. God suddenly has everyone's attention.

I stand corrected

Bible driven batshit crazy conspiracy theory driven world

We would kick their ass

The Chinese Army, Navy and Airforce would be treated as targets

You are mistaken. That is what you may believe but you are wrong. We are not going to be able to stand against a Russian led invasion with Communist nations assisting them. They have their own people (including Arab cells) inside the USA right now waiting. The Chinese have their military equipment on bases (which have already been identified by google maps and eyewitnesses in Mexico) waiting to be used. Again the question to you would be - Do you know Jesus Christ and is He the Lord over your life (all of your life)? Yes or no? That is going to determine how you fare in the future because God is going to allow this to happen at an appointed time. You are either His or you are not His. You need to make up your mind about it now.

The US has the most modern and best trained military in the history of the world

The primary focus of the Chinese Army is to keep 1.5 billion Chinese under control

The Russian Army uses obsolete equipment, is poorly trained and has low morale

WTF?

Russia has obsolete equipment?

God damn the joke post of the day...

Obama is quietly disarming us. I've heard he's been busy tearing apart our ICBMs for years. Don't know for sure if it's true because any info on it is classified.

Point taken. Hopefully we will have enough left after the prick leaves office to defend ourselves with.

Jeremiah had no idea the% of our debt in relation to China. She also had no clue we pay on the debt.

So the geopolitical situation is quite immune to her inner psychii.

The US owes a large amount of money to China and it seems that we can't live our daily lives without borrowing money from them. The population of China allows the country an almost unlimited source of soldiers and resources. Moreover, Chinese are extremely patriotic. The American soldiers are mostly illegal immigrants who have join the army to obtain their legal documents. So...how about my question?

Define "win". What are China's goals in a war? Taking over the Spratly Islands? Invading Taiwan? Invading Hawaii?

The only real threat is China flooding the cities of Taiwan with conventional Surface to Surface missiles, which is an outcome that could be the result of a air/sea battle that becomes a stalemate.

Needless to say its a small chance, but still a real one.

...My hope is that some of you would turn to Him now - before the day of disaster is upon you. That you'd prepare your hearts and find refuge in Jesus Christ now. Afterwards may be too late. Why take the chance? Tomorrow is no guarantee. Today is the day of Salvation. Today.

Relax, there isn't really going to be a war between the US and China

And we will be saved by Donald Trump, he promised.....

:alcoholic:

What will China gain by going to war with us?

They lose our business, they lose all income sources, our businesses bring manufacturing back to the USA or annex Mexico to manufacture for us....

A cyber war, on the other hand, has been going on for a while.

Where the heck has the billions upon trillions we've spent on defense gone?

Have we been just wasting out tremendous amount of tax dollars on NOTHING? It's been nothing but welfare for the military industrial complex for 50 years?

Don't we spend 10 times more each year than all other countries combined in the world spend on defense? Or something like that?

We would kick their ass

You are mistaken. That is what you may believe but you are wrong. We are not going to be able to stand against a Russian led invasion with Communist nations assisting them. They have their own people (including Arab cells) inside the USA right now waiting. The Chinese have their military equipment on bases (which have already been identified by google maps and eyewitnesses in Mexico) waiting to be used. Again the question to you would be - Do you know Jesus Christ and is He the Lord over your life (all of your life)? Yes or no? That is going to determine how you fare in the future because God is going to allow this to happen at an appointed time. You are either His or you are not His. You need to make up your mind about it now.

The US has the most modern and best trained military in the history of the world

The primary focus of the Chinese Army is to keep 1.5 billion Chinese under control

WTF?

Not just obsolete, but poorly maintained and operated by poorly trained soldiers with a horrific command and control structure

Yes, they have small quantities of modern equipment that they bring out on May day. But the overwhelming amount of their equipmet is leftovers from the Soviet Union

I think it's the opposite Whitehall.... it's more like

Nobody wins a localized conflict like Iraq and Viet nam....

Real wars can be won!!!! WWI, WWII

We would kick their ass

WTF?

Not just obsolete, but poorly maintained and operated by poorly trained soldiers with a horrific command and control structure

Yes, they have small quantities of modern equipment that they bring out on May day. But the overwhelming amount of their equipmet is leftovers from the Soviet Union

RW the New T 50 is a copy off our F22

Don't sell Russia short....

Forum List

Back