Could China Beat The USA In A War?

Well since there are a lot of conspiracy theories about this:

How about since a good portion of our electronics is made in China, they have developed a code that input into all the electronics and all they have to do is push a button and shut them all down..

Been saying that for a long time also.
China manufactures some of our Fighter Jets...Brilliant!

Please, please just shut up!
We can disable a Smart Phone and not a Jet Engine?
Please explain in layman's terms.

I was responding to his claim that China builds our fighter jets. I'm sorry i was not more specific.

How about since a good portion of our electronics is made in China, they have developed a code that input into all the electronics and all they have to do is push a button and shut them all down..

I was responding to his claim that China builds our fighter jets. I'm sorry i was not more specific.
It was on FoxNews a few years ago that China was building our Fighter Jets and was installing engines not quite up to spec.

It was on FoxNews a few years ago that China was building our Fighter Jets and was installing engines not quite up to spec.

That's utter bull squeezings! They may have stolen our designs and THEIR knock-offs were not up to speed, but China does not build aircraft for the US military, especially fighter jets.

Send me a link to your source. I won't hold my breath.

That's utter bull squeezings! They may have stolen our designs and THEIR knock-offs were not up to speed, but China does not build aircraft for the US military, especially fighter jets.

Send me a link to your source. I won't hold my breath.

Send me a link to a Civil War battle or that's utter bull squeezings!

China gettin' ready to invade Taiwan, Philippines?...

New China Airstrips a Potential Headache for Neighbors, US
Dec 06, 2015 | China's campaign of island-building in the South China Sea may soon quadruple the number of airstrips available to the People's Liberation Army in the highly contested and strategically vital region. That could be bad news for other regional contenders, especially the US, Philippines and Vietnam.
The island construction work is creating vast amounts of new acreage by piling sand on top of coral reefs and is now moving into the construction stage with buildings, harbors and, most importantly, runways appearing in recent months. China now operates one airfield at Woody Island in the Paracel island chain, and satellite photos show what appears to be work on two, possibly three, additional airstrips on newly built islands in the Spratly archipelago to the east. The bases could have a "significant impact on the local balance of power" by helping to bolster the forward presence of Chinese coast guard and navy forces, said Euan Graham, director of the International Security Program at the Lowy Institute in Sydney, Australia.

spratly-islands-600x400.jpg

As with most South China Sea developments, China has remained opaque about its plans for the island airstrips. At a recent monthly briefing, Defense Ministry spokesman Wu Qian declined to say how many China planned to build or what their purpose would be, repeating only that all military infrastructure was "purely for defensive purposes." Beijing claims almost all of the South China Sea and its islands, and has created seven new features in the Spratlys since last year that are permanently above water. The land totals more than 800 hectares (2,000 acres) in area, according to satellite photos collected by US government agencies and private groups, including the Washington-based Center for Strategic and International Studies.

While China insists its island-building works are justified and don't constitute a threat to stability, further militarization of the region seems assured, given China's increasingly robust assertions of its territorial claims. Those perceptions were reinforced with the deployment in October of advanced J-11BH/BHS fighters of China's navy air force to Woody Island that was revealed online in October. China's military has declined to comment on the reports. The island's 2.4-kilometer (1.49-mile)-long runway will soon be eclipsed by one more than 3 kilometers (10,000 feet) long on the reclaimed island built atop Fiery Cross Reef in the Spratlys, satellite photos show. Another runway is being built on Subi Reef, with signs of similar work underway on nearby Mischief Reef.

MORE

The US owes a large amount of money to China and it seems that we can't live our daily lives without borrowing money from them. The population of China allows the country an almost unlimited source of soldiers and resources. Moreover, Chinese are extremely patriotic. The American soldiers are mostly illegal immigrants who have join the army to obtain their legal documents. So...how about my question?

Depends on how they attack. If all-out, and Obama in charge, yes they could since he'd surrender rather than retaliate with nukes.

Read a defense analyst paper referencing a DoD simulation of a first-strike on their ICBM silos killing just 700 people using new, hyper-accurate tactical nuclear weapons. Usual scenario is millions dead using less-accurate megaton class versions. A bit disturbing actually. While I think we should nuke ISIS, I see no reason to nuke China, Russia, or others. Even if China invades Taiwan, oh well, sucks to be you.

Forum List

Back