Could Anything Change Your Vote Now?

I don't know if I'm going to vote for Caprio (D) or Chafee (I) for governor. Normally I would vote for the Dem but Caprio has a serious sleaze factor. Plus he got vulgar with the President when he came to visit. Probably cost him the election.

I don't know if I'm going to vote for Caprio (D) or Chafee (I) for governor. Normally I would vote for the Dem but Caprio has a serious sleaze factor. Plus he got vulgar with the President when he came to visit. Probably cost him the election.

Ahhhh....

Thou must not dis the 0ssiah....

Gotcha...

It wouldn't have mattered who the president was really. Being vulgar to a sitting president shows a lack of respect to the office and doesn't play well in RI. Really, this botch probably cost Caprio the election.

It wouldn't have mattered who the president was really. Being vulgar to a sitting president shows a lack of respect to the office and doesn't play well in RI. Really, this botch probably cost Caprio the election.

Is this your opinion post 0bama inauguration or did you hold this opinion during the previous admin?

Serious question...

Is this your opinion post 0bama inauguration or did you hold this opinion during the previous admin?

Serious question...
i wondered that very thing
because there are VERY few dems that weren't insulting to a sitting POTUS

I wasn't talking about my opinion. I was speaking about the collective opinion of a state in the off-hand fashion that people engaged in this sort of banter use. To clarify, my opinion is that any candidate for Governor in RI who got vulgar with any sitting president would pay for that decision at the polls.

Last edited:

I wasn't talking about my opinion. I was speaking about the collective opinion of a state in the off-hand fashion that people engaged in this sort of banter use. To clarify, my opinion is that any candidate for Governor in RI who who got vulgar with any sitting president would pay for that decision at the polls.

You didn't answer my question... It had to do with the office of the President and your opinion of "Being vulgar to a sitting president shows a lack of respect to the office"...

Try again....

Serious question...
i wondered that very thing
because there are VERY few dems that weren't insulting to a sitting POTUS

Not face to face, DiveCon...not that I can recall.

your opinion of "Being vulgar to a sitting president shows a lack of respect to the office"...

Again, I wasn't talking about my opinion but rather the collective opinion of a state. The state's voter's in general think that being vulgar to a sitting president shows a lack of respect for the office. There was even a Brown University poll done on the matter i think.

For myself, I don't think vulgarities are all that much of a big deal. What i would say is that Caprio was being stupid in two ways by telling Obama that he could shove his endorsement.

1. He's not understanding how that statement will play with the voters and
2. he's not considering what damage he could do to his own and hence the state's relationship with a sitting president by being such an asshat.

Judgement, it's a big deal when you want to run a state.

Anyway, the thing is complicated. Caprio was a Hillary supporter in the primary but Chafee supported Obama. Chafee is the son of a moderate Republican who was considered by many Dems, including myself, to be one of the most honorable men on the planet. Given that, the President didn't come out and endorse Chafee, he simply witheld any endorsement in the race. caprio got all high school about it.

It probably cost him the election.

Last edited:
your opinion of "Being vulgar to a sitting president shows a lack of respect to the office"...

Again, I wasn't talking about my opinion but rather the collective opinion of a state. The state's voter's in general think that being vulgar to a sitting president shows a lack of respect for the office. There was even a Brown University poll done on the matter i think.

For myself, I don't think vulgarities are all that much of a big deal. What i would say is that Caprio was being stupid in two ways by telling Obama that he could shove his endorsement.

1. He's not understanding how that statement will play with the voters and
2. he's not considering what damage he could do to his own and hence the state's relationship with a sitting president by being such an asshat.

Judgement, it's a big deal when you want to run a state.

Anyway, the thing is complicated. Caprio was a Hillary supporter in the primary but Chafee supported Obama. Chafee is the son of a moderate Republican who was considered by many Dems, including myself, to be one of the most honorable men on the planet. Given that, the President didn't come out and endorse Chafee, he simply witheld any endorsement in the race. caprio got all high school about it.

It probably cost him the election.

I don't care about RI....

I'm asking about your opinion of the previous administration as it relates to your comment "Being vulgar to a sitting president shows a lack of respect to the office"....

I don't care about RI

And we don't care abut you.

I'm asking

Dude, i answered your questions. Are you deliberately being obtuse or are you just not very bright?

I don't care about RI

I'm asking

Dude, i answered your questions. Are you deliberately being obtuse or are you just not very bright?

LiberalNut, if you hit the "quote" button on a post, a reply box opens with the post you are replying to all loaded in, with hot links etc. Lower right side of every post.

I think it's hilarious how some states are discounted. Everyone watches Michigan and no one pays Hawaii any attention. I guess that bit of bias has come back to bite some folks on the ass, eh?

I don't care about RI

I'm asking

your missing the point, he wasnt asking you about the opinions of general RI residents, he was directly asking you your own opinion

No, you didn't...

Here it is for you to answer: What is your opinion of people who were being vulgar to a sitting president during the previous administration?

Go for it....

No, you didn't...

Here it is for you to answer: What is your opinion of people who were being vulgar to a sitting president during the previous administration?

Go for it....

I'd expect my elected officials to use courtesy in any face to face meeting with Obama. When he is not there, I dun care how they rip him.

That's pretty much how we roll here in the US.

What is your opinion of people who were being vulgar to a sitting president during the previous administration?

And here's my answer, again.

Myself, I don't think vulgarities are that much of a big deal. I would say that Caprio was being stupid...

Is it that you can't read?

Forum List

Back