Could Anything Change Your Vote Now?

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
Why do we wait until the last 72 hours before the election to "push"? We run around like chickens with our heads cut off, cold calling and leafletting and what-not all three days and then work the polling stations on Election Day....but does all this last minute activity really do any good? Our candidates save up almost 33% of their budget (local ones; state and national candidates spend differently...but their purchases are similar in pattern) to buy ads to be run during the weekend/Monday before Election Day.

But honestly, if you've chosen a candidate to vote for by now -- and who hasn't? -- is there any ad that the opponent could possibly run that would change your mind?

Shouldn't the "push" be at least two weeks earlier?

Last edited:
Nope.

There's nothing that any demopublicratican could say which would persuade me to vote for them.

When one of them starts taking their oath of office seriously and acts accordingly, I could be persuaded to cast a vote to re-elect them...But I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for somebody to offer to buy my vote. Hope it's a rich Democrat. I'll sell him the vote and then call Fox News so all of you guys can get a look at me talking to Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity.

Mine? No. But I understand this was a big year for undecided. And which way they will jump is anyone's guess. I understand there is still like 10% that way.

Everyone on this board mad up their minds years ago. The last several elections the undecided have broken out in weird ways.

So Tuesday night will be strange. The decided have been leaning heavily republican for more than a year. Decided vote has been 8 or 9% plus on the Republican side. But the folks who make up their minds at the last moment, no one can really guess at.

I'm waiting for somebody to offer to buy my vote. Hope it's a rich Democrat. I'll sell him the vote and then call Fox News so all of you guys can get a look at me talking to Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity.
ROFLMAO

and of course you'd not vote that way
LOL

no, i know who i am voting for in all the major races here and nothing will change my mind

If the candidate is an incumbent, I don't care if it's Jesus Christ himself, I'm not voting for him. I'd hate to vote for a Democrat just because I don't want to vote for a Republican incumbent, but I'm afraid it's come to that...

If the candidate is an incumbent, I don't care if it's Jesus Christ himself, I'm not voting for him. I'd hate to vote for a Democrat just because I don't want to vote for a Republican incumbent, but I'm afraid it's come to that...
i dont have that problem this year
none of the GOP incumbents are up for election

I'm sure most people on USMB have been well decided on who they were going to vote for for a while now, but your average voter isn't as interested in politics as those of us who choose to discuss it daily. They may still be undecided.

We'll be looking to you to toss those RINOs when the time comes, though....;)

unless ron paul shows up on the ballot in my state between now and tuesday then I won't be voting

thats gonna be hard to do
no one ever runs against them in the primaries
and the dems that would replaces them would make Obama look like a moderate

Nope.

There's nothing that any demopublicratican could say which would persuade me to vote for them.

When one of them starts taking their oath of office seriously and acts accordingly, I could be persuaded to cast a vote to re-elect them...But I'm not holding my breath.

Well, I vote the party slate myself, Oddball, unless someone is so FUBAR they drive me over to the Dark Side. But most voters are hardly that partisan anymore, I dun think...especially not about local races.

Last edited:

Well dang, BBD, why didn't you say so? Here ya go -- vote GOP please.....

subway-5-dollar-footlong.jpg

thats gonna be hard to do
no one ever runs against them in the primaries
and the dems that would replaces them would make Obama look like a moderate

Nasty situation, I must say....

Maybe they'll decide to work with the (hopefully) new "change"...

Mine? No. But I understand this was a big year for undecided. And which way they will jump is anyone's guess. I understand there is still like 10% that way.

Everyone on this board mad up their minds years ago. The last several elections the undecided have broken out in weird ways.

So Tuesday night will be strange. The decided have been leaning heavily republican for more than a year. Decided vote has been 8 or 9% plus on the Republican side. But the folks who make up their minds at the last moment, no one can really guess at.

10% are still undecided? This weekend?

*Groans*

Forum List

Back