Cosmos Reboot

HelenaHandbag

Shoots back
Nov 20, 2013
Wouldn't you like to know
I just saw a plug for this program.

Will be certain to watch this one. I like Neil Degrasse Tyson.

On March 9, Fox premieres “Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey,” a follow-up to Carl Sagan’s 13-part series “Cosmos: A Personal Voyage” in 1980, which explored the nooks and crannies of our universe.

Seth MacFarlane, the creator of “Family Guy” and “The Cleveland Show,” is teaming with Sagan’s widow Ann Druyan to executive produce the new 13-part series that continues to probe the stars…this time narrated by Tyson.

Unprecedented TV Rollout for Neil deGrasse Tyson?s Fox Series ?Cosmos? | EURweb

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBTd9--9VMI]Official Trailer | COSMOS | FOX BROADCASTING - YouTube[/ame]

My youngest son is very interested in being an astronaut and or astronomer. I will pass it along to him. Ty.

Tyson's a great spokesman for science. A good choice to stand in for the irreplacable Sagan who I think turned a good part of a couple of generations on to science.

This one is going to be really cool as we now know that there's billions of extra-solar planets and life is quite possible. Needs to be updated every few decades to keep with the times.

Mathew, make that every decade, just look at what the recent auditing of the Kepler has produced.

We really need people like Sagan that have the ability to make science exciting to the layman. As someone intensively interested in geology, I understand how hard it is to communicate the fascination that drives scientists to work hours that would appall even the most dedicated workaholic to satisfy their insatiable curiosity.

I've enjoyed watching Carl Sagan and the old repeats and now love the new one.

Why has it taken so long for him to get a show?

I love him on Jon Stewart - the earth is spinning the wrong way. He's just terrific. Wish we could clone him in every science class in the country.

This show is just proof that FOX has been taken over by anti-Christian lamestream left-wing liberal media lies. "Dr." Tyson talked about the Big Bang theory and the liberal Greenhouse Effect which is nothing more than the Dimocraps war on jobs. That's because Dr. Tyson is a scientist who doesn't know the TRUTH- God made the universe in a week specifically for humans, who were created from dust and a rib, and that lawfully wedded heterosexual couple spawned 6.5b offspring entirely without incest to populate the Earth which is flat, 6,000 years old, and would be a perfect Communist utopia if not for that greedy talking snake.

Yes, that was a joke. So is this:
The Fundamentalist Christian Reaction To Last Night's "Cosmos" Debut Is About What You'd Expect | The Daily Banter

This one is going to be really cool as we now know that there's billions of extra-solar planets and life is quite possible. Needs to be updated every few decades to keep with the times.

Chance of intelligent life evolving in the universe is 100% (us.) Chance in the entire universe it only happened once is .0000...01% :)

Kinda concerned about the 'reboot.' Original made a lot of great points about Earth being one planet, one people, and other 'we're all in it together' type sentiments. I hope the new one isn't gonna be all science and no philosophy.

Last edited:
This show is just proof that FOX has been taken over by anti-Christian lamestream left-wing liberal media lies. "Dr." Tyson talked about the Big Bang theory and the liberal Greenhouse Effect which is nothing more than the Dimocraps war on jobs. That's because Dr. Tyson is a scientist who doesn't know the TRUTH- God made the universe in a week specifically for humans, who were created from dust and a rib, and that lawfully wedded heterosexual couple spawned 6.5b offspring entirely without incest to populate the Earth which is flat, 6,000 years old, and would be a perfect Communist utopia if not for that greedy talking snake.

Yes, that was a joke. So is this:
The Fundamentalist Christian Reaction To Last Night's "Cosmos" Debut Is About What You'd Expect | The Daily Banter

Oklahoma station "accidentally" cuts mention of evolution from Cosmos broadcast...runs promo at the wrong/right time.

Oklahoma Fox station cuts evolution from 'Cosmos' by editing only 15 seconds | Crooks and Liars

Last night's installment was disappointing in the extreme.

I looked forward to watching the series, in order to learn things about the heavens. Stars, planets, galaxies, Hubble (both the person and the telescope), Mars rovers, Kepler (both the person and the telescope), so on and so forth.

So far, all we have is a wandering first episode, and a second that went on and on about evolution, with an obligatory nag about global warming squeezed in for good measure. I turned it off a little more than halfway through.

Tyson has another week to bring it, or I am out of this one.

Not sure if this is gonna fill our Graduate Science schools with AMERICAN kids..
It's Artistic, it's full of teasers, short on knowledge..

It's like the producer/editor are all untreated ADHD patients.. Looks like they are trying to make up for the fatal void of intellectual content on TV with just 8 episodes (or however many they have)..

Take a breathe, slow down, make it a year long series, and don't blow the budget on graphics..
Sagan did all right with his cheap animations and plastic models..

Forum List

Back