Real models that Blacks should be looking up too

According to Johns Hopkins Hospital: "Dr. Carson focuses on traumatic brain injuries, brain and spinal cord tumors, achondroplasia, neurological and congenital disorders, craniosynostosis, epilepsy and trigeminal neuralgia. He is also interested in maximizing the intellectual potential of every child." [2]

Carson's hand-eye coordination and three-dimensional reasoning skills made him a gifted surgeon.[3] After medical school, he became a neurosurgery resident at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. Starting off as an adult neurosurgeon, Carson became more interested in pediatrics. He believed that with children, "what you see is what you get,[3] ... when they're in pain they clearly show it with a frown on their face or when they are happy they show it by smiling brightly."

Carson's other surgical innovations have included a hemispherectomy in 1985 in which a young girl suffering from uncontrollable seizures had one-half of her brain removed and the first intrauterine procedure in 1986 to relieve pressure on the brain of a hydrocephalic fetal twin[citation needed].

In 1987, Carson made medical history by being the first surgeon to successfully separate conjoined twins (the Binder twins) who had been joined at the back of the head (craniopagus twins). The 70-member surgical team, led by Carson, worked for 22 hours. At the end, the twins were successfully separated and can now survive independently. Carson recalls:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Carson

I looked at that situation. I said, 'Why is it that this is such a disaster?' and it was because they would always exsanguinate. They would bleed to death, and I said, 'There's got to be a way around that. These are modern times.' This was back in 1987. I was talking to a friend of mine, who was a cardiothoracic surgeon, who was the chief of the division, and I said, 'You guys operate on the heart in babies, how do you keep them from exsanguinating' and he says, 'Well, we put them in hypothermic arrest.' I said, 'Is there any reason that – if we were doing a set of Siamese twins that were joined at the head – that we couldn't put them into hypothermic arrest, at the appropriate time, when we're likely to lose a lot of blood?' and he said, 'No way.' I said, 'Wow, this is great.' Then I said, 'Why am I putting my time into this? I'm not going to see any Siamese twins.' So I kind of forgot about it, and lo and behold, two months later, along came these doctors from Germany, presenting this case of Siamese twins. And, I was asked for my opinion, and I then began to explain the techniques that should be used, and how we would incorporate hypothermic arrest, and everybody said 'Wow! That sounds like it might work.' And, my colleagues and I, a few of us went over to Germany. We looked at the twins. We actually put in scalp expanders, and five months later we brought them over and did the operation, and lo and behold, it worked.[4]

This is the attitude more blacks should have ;) One that is a can do sprit!

You are retarded....Smith gave $1.3 million to charities...What were YOU doing at the age of 22? Drinking Budweiser and "surfing?"... not selective crap from 23 years ago, you stupid, brainless, nut job.

I'm retarded? You're the moron who posted the same thing twice, you mindless felcher. No one gives a fck what Smith gave to charity. I was in grad school at 22. If you paid attention you would know that. Smith is a tax cheat just like your hero Hussein and his cabinet. Facts are facts whether they are 1 or 100 years old you crusty anal douche nozzle! You are busted lying about Smith and then trying to cover for him just like you do your criminal friends/heroes. Kiss my ass you needle-dick.
surfer said:
Not only are you a pathological liar, you are also illiterate. I did not post anything twice, but it might have been a good idea to help you comprehend plain English.

As far as facts being facts was it a proven "fact" that a 22 year old entertainer set out to defraud the IRS? Like unscrupulous financiers have done in recent years? No. Was his tax debt settled? Yes. Has he given back to worthy causes to help others? Yes.

Graduate school at 22? The way that you construct sentences and the quality of how you express what you try to pass off as lucid thoughts? Not likely.

By the way, what are you some kind of creepy message board pervert obsessed with anuses and the private parts of men?

You need help.

Last edited:
Vivien Theodore Thomas
(August 29, 1910 – November 26, 1985)[1] was an African-American surgical technician who developed the procedures used to treat blue baby syndrome in the 1940s. He was an assistant to surgeon Alfred Blalock in Blalock's experimental animal laboratory at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, and later at the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland. Without any education past high school, Thomas rose above poverty and racism to become a cardiac surgery pioneer and a teacher of operative techniques to many of the country's most prominent surgeons. Vivien Thomas was the first African American without a doctorate to perform open heart surgery on a white patient in the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivien_Thomas

Lloyd Tevis (L.T.) Miller
(1872 - 1951) was an American physician who was the first medical director of the Afro-American Hospital in Yazoo City, Mississippi, the first private hospital for blacks in the state. He was also a co-founder of the Mississippi Medical and Surgical Association.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_Tevis_Miller

Dr. Samuel L. Kountz
(October 30, 1930 – December 23, 1981) was an African-American kidney transplantation surgeon from Lexa, Arkansas. He was most distinguished for his pioneering work in the field of kidney transplantations, and in research, discoveries, and inventions in Renal Science. In 1961, while working with Dr. Roy Cohn at the Stanford University Medical Center, he performed the first successful Kidney transplant between humans who were not identical twins. Six years later, he and a team of researchers at the University of California, San Francisco, developed the prototype for the Belzer kidney perfusion machine, a device that can preserve kidneys for up to 50 hours from the time they are taken from a donor's body. It is now standard equipment in hospitals and research laboratories around the world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_L._Kountz

Alexander Thomas Augusta
(March 8, 1825 – December 21, 1890) was a surgeon, professor of medicine, and veteran of the American Civil War. In 1863, he became the United States Army's first African-American physician and also the first black hospital administrator in U.S. history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Thomas_Augusta

Keith L. Black
(born September 13, 1957) is an American neurosurgeon specializing in the treatment of brain tumors and a prolific campaigner for funding of cancer treatment. He is chairman of the neurosurgery department and director of the Maxine Dunitz Neurosurgical Institute at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Black

http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Bios---Physician/A-G/Keith-L-Black-MD.aspx

Last edited:
Black Scientists Association (BSA)

National Society of Black Engineers

Association of Black Professional Engineers and Scientists

National Society of Black Physicists

American Association of Blacks in Energy

National Organization for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers

And there are way more.

Wow.

That's a very good, yet depressing example of how blacks have become so isolated in our society, and how proud the Left is of that fact.

Why do organizations (and others such as the NAACP and the Congressional Black Caucus) have to separate blacks from everyone else? Why is it so important that they are somehow viewed as different? Our culture is raising people to think this way, and this is the inevitable result.

Sad to see. I wish people could understand that blacks are as capable as any other ethnicity and don't need to be set apart.

Last edited:
Not only are you a pathological liar, you are also illiterate...
You posted the identical thing twice! After I pointed it out you went an corrected it you stupid leper-licker.
I'm illiterate? You can't even use the quote feature correctly you perverted butt-snorkeler.

You posted the identical thing twice! After I pointed it out you went an corrected it you stupid leper-licker.
I'm illiterate? You can't even use the quote feature correctly you perverted butt-snorkeler.

You are a liar, you rectum obsessed pervert. And yes, you are illiterate. When you said you were "in grad school at 22", you must have meant "you graduated from high school at 22".

You are a liar, you rectum obsessed pervert. And yes, you are illiterate. When you said you were "in grad school at 22", you must have meant "you graduated from high school at 22".

He means his IQ is 22.

Do you really expect anyone to believe that you have friends? Come on...

At least I don't have to pay them like you and your godless friends do.

Yeah, let's attack the new, hot chick. You guys are losers who probably circle-jerk to your "brilliant" posts...

Do you really expect anyone to believe that you have friends? Come on...

At least I don't have to pay them like you and your godless friends do.

Yeah, let's attack the new, hot chick. You guys are losers who probably circle-jerk to your "brilliant" posts...

Go away.

We have enough liberal socks making conservatives look stupid here.

This 'surfer' idiot has some of the lamest responses this side of JakeFakey.

Kenyan researcher bags field research Prize

[
Maputo] Kenyan Research scientist Dr. Charity Kawira Mutegi, 38, is the recipient of the 2013 Norman Borlaug Award for Field Research and Application, endowed by the Rockefeller Foundation. Dr Mutegi made major breakthroughs in combating the deadly aflatoxin mold contamination that occurs in stored grain, which has been a serious problem in Africa and around the world for decades.

Kenyan researcher bags field research Prize

Forum List

Back