Correcting the Reagan Myth

Yeah and Gorby woke up one morning and suddenly decided to free Eastern Europe.

In case your wondering where PDS comes from, it started out as Reagan Derangement syndrome, which was a far milder form and then mutated very badly.

Gorbachev was a realist who saved the world from a third world war. He looked at the Soviet economy and realized it was unsustainable. Not because of Reagan, but because of poor economic decisions for the last 40 years.
A leader like Putin would have dug his heels in and attacked to try to sustain the Soviet Empire. Gorbachev realized they could not maintain the current empire and peacefully disolved it.
Gorbachev rightfully won the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts

LOL. I have to stand on my head to see things your way, then again, just look at your screenname.

History doesn't lie like the Reagan worshippers. The numbers are there, the records from the old Soviet Union have been released, the key members of the politiboro have revealed what really happened.
Reagan did not cause the collapse, it had been coming for some time. Gorbachevs rational and peaceful dissolution of the empire saved us a war

Supply side economics dont work.

Not even laffer himself believes in it.

The entire world knows it was Groby which is why he won the peace prize

Have you ever owned a business? Have you ever worked in the private sector?

Have you read the link, Frank? A simple yes or no will suffice. My guess, you enjoy being ignorant and don't mind posting that which makes you 'appear' stupid.

Um yeah, I have degrees in economics and finance and was an analyst and executive for a guy who worked his way up to the Forbes 400.

Note no real conservatives are in this thread facing the facts on the ground.

Its only the biting flies that stay and completely ignore the facts here

Have you ever owned a business? Have you ever worked in the private sector?

Have you read the link, Frank? A simple yes or no will suffice. My guess, you enjoy being ignorant and don't mind posting that which makes you 'appear' stupid.

Um yeah, I have degrees in economics and finance and was an analyst and executive for a guy who worked his way up to the Forbes 400.

And you won gold medals in the 84 olympics too huh?

Last edited:

And you won gold medals in the 84 olympics too huh?

I pulled a hamstring and was unable to participate in the only Olympic event worth watching: curling. Give me a broom and a flat stretch of ice, a tossed stone and I'm in heaven. (only fooling)

Not one real con is willing to come back and face these facts?

You perfer the lies about what Reagan accomplished?

This is why your party is in life support.

Tearing down the Reagan myth -- now more than ever | Philly | 01/31/2010

1) Reagan had a big-spending economic stimulus plan. It's true. As noted in the book, the economic turnaround of the 1980s had little or nothing to do with Reagan's income tax cut that was heavily weighted to the rich but was instead the result of other factors, including the tight money policies of then-Fed chairman Paul Volcker (now an Obama adviser) and a global collapse of oil prices. But there was something else: Reagan also created thousands upon thousands of new jobs across America with a spending program that caused the federal deficit to skyrocket. It was called the Reagan defense buildup.

In the part of America where I lived in the 1980s, Long Island, N.Y., the economy was booming, in part because of the government dollars thrown at the then-Grumman Corp. to build new jet fighters. Now, government has a chance to do the same thing that Reagan achieved -- but not by building machines of death but creating jobs for things that will improve life, like solar power and high-speed rail.

2) Reagan would not have allowed many of the terror tactics started by Bush and Cheney and continued in the face of pressure by the Obama administration. Don't believe it? -- let me count the ways:

Ronnie Rectum, the man voted most likely to eat jelly beans and take naps during a visit from the Pope.

Ronnie sent Rummie to shake hands with Saddam, which is how Saddam got all those Weapons of Mass Destruction that were never found by the shrub.

Ronnie, who left this country will a huge deficit. The tax rates under Ronnie were higher than the current proposal by Mr. Obama.

Ronnie, the man who sent our Marines to bombed in Lebanon.

Ronnie, who went to an SS Cemetary.

Ronnie Rectum, the chimp got better lines and a better agent.

Reagan Myth #248

Reagan: Mr Gorbachev...Tear down this wall!

Gorbachev: OK....If you want me to

Hint: It was firmly into Reagan's Presidency! Lower taxation was instrumental!

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.co...e-myth-of-us-industrys-demise.aspx/?gt1=33002
The myth of US industry's demise - MSN Money

U.S. workers produce 21% of all factory goods made globally, or about $1.7 trillion worth per year. That's significantly lower than the peak of 28% in 1985 but only slightly below the long-term average of 23% for 1970 through 2006.

China, the second-biggest global producer, doesn't even come close. It makes just 13% of the world's stuff, or $1 trillion worth. Japan is next with 11%. And Germany, the vaunted workshop of Europe, comes in fourth with a paltry 7.4%

DESPITE of or more likely BECAUSE of "Reaganomics" we LOST our manufacturing base.

You are the biggest fucking ignoramus of all time. You are worse than Jake Starkey and Chris put together.
We didnt lose our manufacturing base. We manufacture more products now than we did before Reagan. Check the manufacturer's website. The shift is due to changes in the global economy. But you won't understand that because you're too fucking fixated on your version of reality that says that big government is good, high taxes are good, large government spending on programs is good and anything that is the opposite of that is bad.

Forum List

Back