Corporate Ownership of the Media; Do We Even Have a Free Press Anymore?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
The media has abandoned all pretense at objectivity and have gone full bore Clintonista.

This is a result of two factors; all the Marxist journalists who crawled out of Marxist training in our colleges, and also the corporate ownership of our media, an ownership that sees Trump as almost an existential threat to their control of DC through the Corporate Crony Network (CCN).

Thihs article contrast the treatment of Patty Smith to that of the Khans. Though Smith has no financial interests of any major kind (what, nonexistent interviews?) the Khans have their entire family fortune built on Muslim immigration legal services and both support Sharia law over the US Constitution and their whole appearance at the DNC was heavily scripted with lies and falsehoods (for example, the Constitution does not guarantee a right to immigrate to the USA).

And yet Smith was viciously attacked and Khan got dozens of interviews on every major network.

There is not a shred of objectivity or even handedness any more.

We plainly must ban corporate ownership of ALL broadcast TV, radio, print and cable media.

They simply lie too god damned much.

Media’s lies, double standards accelerate

Three parents suffered the ultimate loss through similar experiences, yet one was largely marginalized while the others were celebrated. After their speeches, Mrs. Smith receded while the Khans were granted countless interviews to continue their anti-Trump barrage. A Media Research Center’s analysis showed that the Khans received more than 50 times more coverage from the three major broadcast networks than they gave to Mrs. Smith. And the coverage was predictably unfair: MSNBC described Mrs. Smith’s speech as “offensive” and Mr. Khan’s as ” memorable,” the Nation described her remarks as “a cynical exploitation of grief,” and a writer for GQ magazine said he’d like to “beat her to death.” Mrs. Smith described being “treated like dirt.”

When Mr. Trump defended himself, the media pounced again, suggesting that Mr. Trump was an anti-Islam bigot when he was trying — albeit undiplomatically — to fend off Mr. Khan’s political attacks and raise bigger issues about Islam’s treatment of women and the larger threat facing the West. The Khans then received another round of glowing coverage, while Mrs. Smith remained invisible.

The leftist activists disguised as “journalists” will do whatever it takes to advance their politics, even if it means using — or ignoring — the parents of fallen patriots. They have entered a new era of base dishonesty, which makes their hypocrisy more dangerous than ever.

You are free to start your own site/paper/TV station and say whatever you want within reason. That is really more the intent of freedom of the press. The press does not have to be neutral and almost never has been.

The senior Khans----were MADE in the same way that NAFSHEEN MALIK was MADE. Its a Pakistani thing---
my suggestion to Trump in his endeavor to protect
americans from Islamic terrorists-----BEWARE --ANY
PAKISTANI WHO IS FLUENT IN ARABIC. Like the people
of india-----Pakistanis learn English in school-----and some
Arabic------but ENGLISH is more important----only the real nuts
learn Arabic (imho) (for the record----nutty Shiites do not learn Arabic----they learn farsi imho)

The media has abandoned all pretense at objectivity and have gone full bore Clintonista.

This is a result of two factors; all the Marxist journalists who crawled out of Marxist training in our colleges, and also the corporate ownership of our media, an ownership that sees Trump as almost an existential threat to their control of DC through the Corporate Crony Network (CCN).

Thihs article contrast the treatment of Patty Smith to that of the Khans. Though Smith has no financial interests of any major kind (what, nonexistent interviews?) the Khans have their entire family fortune built on Muslim immigration legal services and both support Sharia law over the US Constitution and their whole appearance at the DNC was heavily scripted with lies and falsehoods (for example, the Constitution does not guarantee a right to immigrate to the USA).

And yet Smith was viciously attacked and Khan got dozens of interviews on every major network.

There is not a shred of objectivity or even handedness any more.

We plainly must ban corporate ownership of ALL broadcast TV, radio, print and cable media.

They simply lie too god damned much.

Media’s lies, double standards accelerate

Three parents suffered the ultimate loss through similar experiences, yet one was largely marginalized while the others were celebrated. After their speeches, Mrs. Smith receded while the Khans were granted countless interviews to continue their anti-Trump barrage. A Media Research Center’s analysis showed that the Khans received more than 50 times more coverage from the three major broadcast networks than they gave to Mrs. Smith. And the coverage was predictably unfair: MSNBC described Mrs. Smith’s speech as “offensive” and Mr. Khan’s as ” memorable,” the Nation described her remarks as “a cynical exploitation of grief,” and a writer for GQ magazine said he’d like to “beat her to death.” Mrs. Smith described being “treated like dirt.”

When Mr. Trump defended himself, the media pounced again, suggesting that Mr. Trump was an anti-Islam bigot when he was trying — albeit undiplomatically — to fend off Mr. Khan’s political attacks and raise bigger issues about Islam’s treatment of women and the larger threat facing the West. The Khans then received another round of glowing coverage, while Mrs. Smith remained invisible.

The leftist activists disguised as “journalists” will do whatever it takes to advance their politics, even if it means using — or ignoring — the parents of fallen patriots. They have entered a new era of base dishonesty, which makes their hypocrisy more dangerous than ever.
Good question.

No.

Next question.

Don't blame the media because the public knows the difference between reality and Reality TV. What works on the Howard Stern Show isn't going to get you elected president.

How Howard Stern gave us Donald Trump - CNN.com
Yeah. Howard Stern......a shock-jock.....a commodian....he's an expert.

Guess "The Daily Show" is tits up so you have to find your fallacious quotes elsewhere.

it is a TRAGEDY that the majority of americans do not SEE THRU-----the Khan Con

Read freerepublic's "Dog that didn't bark post" The biggest story about the wikileaks leaks is the MSM's silence on their collusion and perfidy re the DNC. "Musta been the Russians!" As Sherlock Holmes concluded, the horse thief was somebody the dog was familiar with, thats why the dog didn't bark.
The only uncertainty in todays industry wide MSM 'journolist' is which member swallows and which member spits out after servicing Buraq Hussein Obama

Don't blame the media because the public knows the difference between reality and Reality TV. What works on the Howard Stern Show isn't going to get you elected president. How Howard Stern gave us Donald Trump - CNN.com
Yeah. Howard Stern......a shock-jock.....a commodian....he's an expert. Guess "The Daily Show" is tits up so you have to find your fallacious quotes elsewhere.
You obviously didn't read the article. It wasn't about Stern's "expertise", but how the Stern zeitgeist informed Trump's followers' beliefs.

Don't blame the media because the public knows the difference between reality and Reality TV. What works on the Howard Stern Show isn't going to get you elected president.

How Howard Stern gave us Donald Trump - CNN.com
Yeah, I'm sure that Trump made his decision to spend $50 million and put his entire business empire on hold based purely on the brain fart coming out of Howard Sterns mouth.

You Dimbocrats just amaze me.

Last edited:
Don't blame the media because the public knows the difference between reality and Reality TV. What works on the Howard Stern Show isn't going to get you elected president. How Howard Stern gave us Donald Trump - CNN.com
Yeah. Howard Stern......a shock-jock.....a commodian....he's an expert. Guess "The Daily Show" is tits up so you have to find your fallacious quotes elsewhere.
You obviously didn't read the article. It wasn't about Stern's "expertise", but how the Stern zeitgeist informed Trump's followers' beliefs.
Yeah what you said isnt literally true, but if you squint your eye, hold your head way over at an angle and get just the right light then it is all apparent.

:lol:

Yeah, I'm sure that Trump made hsi decision to spend $50 million and put his entire business empire on hold based purely on the brain fart coming out of Howard Sterns mouth. You Dimbocrats just amaze me.
Another "genius" that obviously didn't read the article. :rolleyes:

Read freerepublic's "Dog that didn't bark post" The biggest story about the wikileaks leaks is the MSM's silence on their collusion and perfidy re the DNC. "Musta been the Russians!" As Sherlock Holmes concluded, the horse thief was somebody the dog was familiar with, thats why the dog didn't bark.
The only uncertainty in todays industry wide MSM 'journolist' is which member swallows and which member spits out after servicing Buraq Hussein Obama
DemsBlameRussians_zps3ditmixd.jpg

Yeah, I'm sure that Trump made hsi decision to spend $50 million and put his entire business empire on hold based purely on the brain fart coming out of Howard Sterns mouth. You Dimbocrats just amaze me.
I dont need to read horse shit to know it is horse shit, dude.

Just like there are mathematical 'arguments' that 'prove' 3=4 and most people cant find the flaw, I know that 3 does not = 4, so I dont have to find the fucking flaw.

The same way, I dont have to read your bullshit to know that Stern did not cause the Trump campaign, idjit.

Yet Hillary was once a First Lady. Name the accomplishments she has had that make her the most qualified candidate in presidential history.

I read the article, which was severely lacking in relevant content.

You seem to want cast every single aspect of Trump negatively so that hopefully nobody will pay attention to Hillary’s obvious flaws. Her dishonesty, her corruption, her criminality, one scandal after another of her own doing. The way she always skates when everyone else would be wearing an orange jumper.

Yet Hillary was once a First Lady. Name the accomplishments she has had that make her the most qualified candidate in presidential history. I read the article, which was severely lacking in relevant content. You seem to want cast every single aspect of Trump negatively so that hopefully nobody will pay attention to Hillary’s obvious flaws. Her dishonesty, her corruption, her criminality, one scandal after another of her own doing. The way she always skates when everyone else would be wearing an orange jumper.
It's the system. Despite Hillary's flaws, it doesn't justify a vote for Trump.

Why would anyone have to actually read an article from the Clinton News Network to know it would be a one sided slam on Trump?

Take this one slice, 'Trump's unapologetic slam of a Muslim couple ...' and you know that it is full of shit. Where is this 'unapologetic slam'? What?

Trump said that they had sacrificed for the country and suffered, and that their son was a hero. Then he said that Khans attacks were not fair and noted that Mrs Khan was silent through the whole thing and noted it is a feature of Muslim conservatives that the women stay silent in public.

Where is the slam? Every one of these things is true.

Now maybe there is some huge insult that I have missed, maybe the video clips simply left it out and Trump said that Khan is a Sharia promoting Jihadist who doesnt have the foggiest notion about what the Constitution says about immigration. But he didnt as far as I know, and it would have still been true had he done so.

So now you trot out this bullshit that the Clinton News Network tosses out to idiots like you because they know you will swallow it whole without a single chew. Trumps whole campaign is ignited due to the revolt against political correctness?

Horse shit.

IT is because our political system is controlled by a Multinational Corporate Crony Network that is strangling this country to death.

If we do not take control of our nation back from the MCCN in this election by voting for Trump and making him POTUS, we will not get another chance.

The MCCN fucked up letting Trump get the GOP nomination, and they wont ever let that happen again, believe me.

And fuck heads like you are too stupid to see through their bullshit.

The senior Khans----were MADE in the same way that NAFSHEEN MALIK was MADE. Its a Pakistani thing---
my suggestion to Trump in his endeavor to protect
americans from Islamic terrorists-----BEWARE --ANY
PAKISTANI WHO IS FLUENT IN ARABIC. Like the people
of india-----Pakistanis learn English in school-----and some
Arabic------but ENGLISH is more important----only the real nuts
learn Arabic (imho) (for the record----nutty Shiites do not learn Arabic----they learn farsi imho)

I should add----Pakistanis have their own languages (like India) ---several ----covering different parts of Pakistan---but mostly
URDU in west pakistan (I think)-----it is something like an indian native language with bits of Farsi and Arabic thrown in.
In Bangla desh (the erstwhile east Pakistan) I think the language is Bengali

Forum List

Back