Coronavirus stay-at-home orders stir protests nationwide amid fears of economic collapse

So proud of my state today. No, I wasn't at the protest--I have work obligations. But I am proud of my fellow Michiganders for taking a stance against the draconian measures of our governor. I hope more free citizens in more states will copy our measures and let our elected officials know that we are not sheep to be led into the sheep pen by totalitarians.

It's a great day in Michigan.

LANSING — Demonstrators drove thousands of vehicles — many draped with protest signs — to Michigan's state Capitol Wednesday, loudly protesting Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's stay-at-home order intended to fight the coronavirus pandemic.

Police watched as horns honked and commercial and private vehicles from around the state jammed Capitol Avenue and other streets surrounding Michigan's seat of government.

"Liberty once lost is lost forever," read a sign draped across a commercial van. "Security without liberty is called prison," read another, stretched across the Capitol's front lawn. "Recall Whitmer," a third sign said.

So proud of my state today. No, I wasn't at the protest--I have work obligations. But I am proud of my fellow Michiganders for taking a stance against the draconian measures of our governor. I hope more free citizens in more states will copy our measures and let our elected officials know that we are not sheep to be led into the sheep pen by totalitarians.

LANSING — Demonstrators drove thousands of vehicles — many draped with protest signs — to Michigan's state Capitol Wednesday, loudly protesting Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's stay-at-home order intended to fight the coronavirus pandemic.

Police watched as horns honked and commercial and private vehicles from around the state jammed Capitol Avenue and other streets surrounding Michigan's seat of government.

"Liberty once lost is lost forever," read a sign draped across a commercial van. "Security without liberty is called prison," read another, stretched across the Capitol's front lawn. "Recall Whitmer," a third sign said.

Good for you, Sue. I just figured out that there is only 3 people in my township and the adjoining one combined who have even tested positive. Out of that 36,000 people, I stand a better chance of being struck dead by lightning than of Covid. In about 112 years, I stand a statistically good chance of crossing paths with my first Covid case. I'll be 175 years old then.
For that, my governor has locked down the whole area.

Great news for your state, Sue.

The protestors are right, we need to reopen the economy immediately. We can't wait a single day longer.

Be careful. I heard the Michigan Governor might unleash her massive puppies on the crowd of protesters. They are some very big puppies.

:auiqs.jpg:

9911202-6713347-Michigan_Governor_Gretchen_Whitmer_47_is_hitting_back_at_a_local-m-53_1550369232992.jpg

9910266-6713347-image-m-30_1550366794574.jpg

Good for you, Sue. I just figured out that there is only 3 people in my township and the adjoining one combined who have even tested positive. Out of that 36,000 people, I stand a better chance of being struck dead by lightning than of Covid. In about 112 years, I stand a statistically good chance of crossing paths with my first Covid case. I'll be 175 years old then.
For that, my governor has locked down the whole area.
More power to them,,, I hope it spreads like the virus to all the other states

When they swore their oaths of office they supposedly did. They swore an oath to uphold the constitution not some crackpot dictator wanna be.
I'm sick of worthless liberals like you who compare Trump to a dictator. Sure he has turnover among his staff, but he has every right to demand loyalty from government workers in DC. Trump should be able to reopen the economy and not be blocked by idiotic blue state governors.

...or travel between properties you own.

I read that, while her order prohibits Michigan residents from traveling between their properties within the state (say, from their primary residence to a mountain cabin) there's nothing which prohibits, say, an Ohio resident from traveling from their Ohio residence to a mountain cabin they own in Michigan.

The lack of logic there is frightening...

On the day NY Governor Cuomo orders all people to mask in public, in the entire state, even if you are off fishing by yourself. Cuomo: All New Yorkers Must Wear Face Masks in Public

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Americans are learning the meaning of these civics lesson quotes in real time now. Bets we will be seeing more defiance? LE overwhelmed? What will they do shoot all of us on sight to "save lives?"

michigan.jpg

On the day NY Governor Cuomo orders all people to mask in public, in the entire state, even if you are off fishing by yourself. Cuomo: All New Yorkers Must Wear Face Masks in Public

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Americans are learning the meaning of these civics lesson quotes in real time now. Bets we will be seeing more defiance? LE overwhelmed? What will they do shoot all of us on sight to "save lives?"

View attachment 323911

Aw, Michigan. 28,059 cases of Covid-19 / 1,058 since yesterday / 1,921 DEAD / 151 since yesterday
4th highest infections in the country and 3rd highest state DEATH TOLL
1586997020972.png

I saw all these dudes standing outside the capitol building carrying AR-15's, is that because these Trump supporters have small penises? Or is there something else wrong with them?

They just needed pitchforks and torches to make it a great protest.

Be careful. I heard the Michigan Governor might unleash her massive puppies on the crowd of protesters. They are some very big puppies.

:auiqs.jpg:

9911202-6713347-Michigan_Governor_Gretchen_Whitmer_47_is_hitting_back_at_a_local-m-53_1550369232992.jpg

9910266-6713347-image-m-30_1550366794574.jpg
She wants control

Forum List

Back