Wisconsin Supreme Court strikes down Tony Evers' stay-at-home order that closed businesses, schools to limit spread of coronavirus

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
The first governor in the country has had his power grab taken away from him

Without legislative review, “an unelected official could create law applicable to all people during the course of COVID-19 and subject people to imprisonment when they disobeyed her order,” the majority wrote.

GOP lawmakers who brought the lawsuit have said the legal challenge was necessary to get a seat at the table where Evers and state health officials make decisions about how to respond to the outbreak, which has killed 418 people in the state in two months.

Wisconsin Supreme Court strikes down Tony Evers' stay-at-home order that closed businesses, schools to limit spread of coronavirus

Amen, you couldn't go into Scheels in Eau Claire and buy a gun where a trade-in was concerned, an absolutely ridiculous knee jerk administrative edict. For example, I could go to any gun shop and trade in a firearm on a new one, but not at the big box outlets for some inexplicable reason. Why would you be pissed about this you might ask, inventory, the bib boy's had inventory on hand the little guys could not lay hand upon!

Without legislative review, “an unelected official could create law applicable to all people during the course of COVID-19 and subject people to imprisonment when they disobeyed her order,” the majority wrote.

GOP lawmakers who brought the lawsuit have said the legal challenge was necessary to get a seat at the table where Evers and state health officials make decisions about how to respond to the outbreak, which has killed 418 people in the state in two months.

It's a power grab to save lives?

The decision won’t last
Public safety is at risk

Blue state governors are making this worse....I don't know why they are doing what they are doing...it will only hurt the dems chances in November.....

Those blue state governors are very popular.

It is red state governors in Georgia and Texas that are paying a political price

Blue state governors are making this worse....I don't know why they are doing what they are doing...it will only hurt the dems chances in November.....

It is red state governors in Georgia and Texas that are paying a political price
No you are wrong....just wait until November....

Who was the one exception? Kemp. And his numbers were disastrously bad: 39% approved of the job he was doing while 61% disapproved. The second worst rating? Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott at 57% approve/41% disapprove.
That's stunning. In a moment in which governors are looking like the most popular politicians around, Kemp can't even get 4 in 10 Georgians to say he is doing a good job in responding to the coronavirus. (Reminder: Donald Trump won Georgia by 5 points in 2016.)

Who was the one exception? Kemp. And his numbers were disastrously bad: 39% approved of the job he was doing while 61% disapproved. The second worst rating? Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott at 57% approve/41% disapprove.
That's stunning. In a moment in which governors are looking like the most popular politicians around, Kemp can't even get 4 in 10 Georgians to say he is doing a good job in responding to the coronavirus. (Reminder: Donald Trump won Georgia by 5 points in 2016.)
We all know those polls are taken in the cities.....just wait....you know I'm always right....

We all know those polls are taken in the cities.....just wait....you know I'm always right....
Show me any polling agency that only polls in the cities

Most all of them do....

The decision won’t last
Public safety is at risk
Public safety and health are vague and in the eye of the beholder. Unlawful overreach is not. You prissies need to quit pretending that your “right” to unthreatened health is everybody else’s responsibility in order to comfort you.

The decision won’t last
Public safety is at risk
What higher authority will hear it?

FUCK YEAH!!!!

My friends can finally open up their bars and restaurants!

Most all of them do....
None

The decision won’t last
Public safety is at risk
SCOTUS

The decision won’t last
Public safety is at risk
SCOTUS
So what if they do?
Even if they do overturn it, (which they won't) what will that mean in real life? People are going to go out and be free; they have had enough of this shit. Nothing anyone says or wants to believe is going to stop it.

The highest authority in this country is "We the People."

Businesses will open that's good. A large percentage of people will continue to stay home that's also a good thing. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon nor are any of my friends. It's going to be very interesting. There's going to be more people working from home than there was before but that's always better for a business anyway. Everyone working in masks will be something to see.

Forum List

Back