Wisconsin Supreme Court strikes down Tony Evers' stay-at-home order that closed businesses, schools to limit spread of coronavirus

The first governor in the country has had his power grab taken away from him

Without legislative review, “an unelected official could create law applicable to all people during the course of COVID-19 and subject people to imprisonment when they disobeyed her order,” the majority wrote.

GOP lawmakers who brought the lawsuit have said the legal challenge was necessary to get a seat at the table where Evers and state health officials make decisions about how to respond to the outbreak, which has killed 418 people in the state in two months.

Wisconsin Supreme Court strikes down Tony Evers' stay-at-home order that closed businesses, schools to limit spread of coronavirus

The decision won’t last
Public safety is at risk
What higher authority will hear it?
SCOTUS

uuhhh...no they won’t. It doesn’t work that way. This was a state matter that went through the state process. It didn’t go before a US federal district court, which would be the path to SCOTUS. SCOTUS isn’t going to get in the middle of a state’s pissing contest that has no federal bearing or national applicability. The matter is closed & the dem Gov got his peepee smacked. Case closed...

The first governor in the country has had his power grab taken away from him

Without legislative review, “an unelected official could create law applicable to all people during the course of COVID-19 and subject people to imprisonment when they disobeyed her order,” the majority wrote.

GOP lawmakers who brought the lawsuit have said the legal challenge was necessary to get a seat at the table where Evers and state health officials make decisions about how to respond to the outbreak, which has killed 418 people in the state in two months.

The decision won’t last
Public safety is at risk
What higher authority will 3 years from now if it got
SCOTUS
If it got to SC in 2-3 years.
That’s part of the ploy that the illegal shutdowners are employing. The court cases take too long and by time rulings come out situations have changed, hysteria mongers move goalposts, or situation resolved itself
Due to public safety concerns, SCOTUS should issue a stay till they can sort out the powers of government

you really don’t get what federalism means. It’s a Wisconsin issue bro. That’s the whole purpose of Wisconsin having its own Supreme Court. To settle out government issues as defined & outlined in the Wisconsin Constitution. This one is done....

california-lockdown-protester-590x354.png

Sounds to me like they've made a right mess of things. Wisconsin's new cases and deaths are still rising. Not levelled off, not falling.
can much of that be explained by more testing being available?

how many hospitalizations?

this is what I love about FL Governor DeSantis; he has talked about how projections called for Florida to have 450,000 hospitalizations

they've never had more than 2,000 -- and YES, cases are steady or up, but that is a result of more testing.

lastly, not only have hospitals not ever reached the astronomical & dire predictions, hospitalizations are actually going down

Georgia has not shown a significant spike either.

Wiscy is going to be OK

and FREE

the Free Republic of Wisconsin, has a nice ring to it...

Sounds to me like they've made a right mess of things. Wisconsin's new cases and deaths are still rising. Not levelled off, not falling.
can much of that be explained by more testing being available?

how many hospitalizations?

this is what I love about FL Governor DeSantis; he has talked about how projections called for Florida to have 450,000 hospitalizations

they've never had more than 2,000 -- and YES, cases are steady or up, but that is a result of more testing.

lastly, not only have hospitals not ever reached the astronomical & dire predictions, hospitalizations are actually going down

Georgia has not shown a significant spike either.

Wiscy is going to be OK

and FREE

the Free Republic of Wisconsin, has a nice ring to it...
I'm happy for Wiscy. Good job. I only wish our asshole SC here in Pa. would have had the constitutional awareness to overturn Wolf's idiotic shutdown.

Forum List

Back