Wisconsin Supreme Court strikes down Tony Evers' stay-at-home order that closed businesses, schools to limit spread of coronavirus

I
The first governor in the country has had his power grab taken away from him

Without legislative review, “an unelected official could create law applicable to all people during the course of COVID-19 and subject people to imprisonment when they disobeyed her order,” the majority wrote.

GOP lawmakers who brought the lawsuit have said the legal challenge was necessary to get a seat at the table where Evers and state health officials make decisions about how to respond to the outbreak, which has killed 418 people in the state in two months.

Wisconsin Supreme Court strikes down Tony Evers' stay-at-home order that closed businesses, schools to limit spread of coronavirus
It's a power grab to save lives?
Whatever you say
I didn't say anything, I asked a question.

Is it a power grab to save lives?
Why would you think it was?
The Wisconsin supreme court and our resident shit stirrer seem to.
It's definitely a power grab, my question is why would anyone think it's about safety?
Maybe you missed it; there's a pandemic happening.
there also aren't laws to do what he was doing as governor, hence the ruling. go to the supreme court then. hahahahahaha, let's really open up the country.

Without legislative review, “an unelected official could create law applicable to all people during the course of COVID-19 and subject people to imprisonment when they disobeyed her order,” the majority wrote.

GOP lawmakers who brought the lawsuit have said the legal challenge was necessary to get a seat at the table where Evers and state health officials make decisions about how to respond to the outbreak, which has killed 418 people in the state in two months.

You can't save a life, prolonged it yes, save it no.

I

Whatever you say

It's definitely a power grab, my question is why would anyone think it's about safety?
There's always an excuse; doesn't ever make it okay.
You need something to make saving lives ok?

then why did 418 people die? they failed.
Why didn't 4,180 die?

They didn't fail.

I

Whatever you say

there also aren't laws to do what he was doing as governor, hence the ruling. go to the supreme court then. hahahahahaha, let's really open up the country.
So? There aren't laws to most of the shit you wanna see tRump get away with but you never screech about that.

7ph6bzfalcx41.png

I

Whatever you say

Yes, permission....... when did I or anyone else give the government discretion to make my health and medical decisions for me? They have power of attorney over my affairs? No?
Then I will choose for myself and so will every other person with functioning brain and a spine.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C. S. Lewis

download.jpeg

I

Whatever you say

Yes, permission....... when did I or anyone else give the government discretion to make my health and medical decisions for me? They have power of attorney over my affairs? No?
Then I will choose for myself and so will every other person with functioning brain and a spine.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C. S. Lewis
I can't help but laugh at some idiot calling a stay at home order during a global pandemic tyranny but it isn't really funny.

It's actually sad to see someone so terribly misinformed .

And the selfishness is nuts.

View attachment 335910
I

Whatever you say

― C. S. Lewis
I can't help but laugh at some idiot calling a stay at home order during a global pandemic tyranny but it isn't really funny.

What's sad is that you think nobody will notice the way you dodged the question, and tried to pretend that obvious tyranny, really isn't.

"when did I or anyone else give the government discretion to make my health and medical decisions for me? "

You want to address the question, or you just going to keep bullshitting?

so, this is the most important development to date in the fight to re-open

I am very pleased to see it; hope the democrats push and take this to SCOTUS; if they don'r someone will

the court cases over this will outlast the actual virus by a decade or more

Blue state governors are making this worse....I don't know why they are doing what they are doing...it will only hurt the dems chances in November.....

Those blue state governors are very popular.

It is red state governors in Georgia and Texas that are paying a political price

Paying what price? Its the lib governors for the most part that have become drunk on their power. Good for wisconsin.

Sounds to me like they've made a right mess of things. Wisconsin's new cases and deaths are still rising. Not levelled off, not falling. Evers had begun to reopen. Now there's a free for all with no guidance, unless local municipalities have their own.

That's not how you win against this virus.

View attachment 335910
I

Whatever you say

― C. S. Lewis

What's sad is that you think nobody will notice the way you dodged the question, and tried to pretend that obvious tyranny, really isn't.

"when did I or anyone else give the government discretion to make my health and medical decisions for me? "

I didn't dodge a question, I ridiculed it.

FUCK YEAH!!!!

My friends can finally open up their bars and restaurants!
Update: I called my friends at three different watering holes in the northwoods.....ALL OPEN!!!

:up: :woohoo::mm:

:WooHooSmileyWave-vi:

View attachment 335910
I

Whatever you say

― C. S. Lewis

I didn't dodge a question, I ridiculed it.
You dodged it.

And I know why.

Some bars were full in literally less than 2 hours.

So much for the "nobody will come out anyway" narrative...

Forum List

Back