Wisconsin Supreme Court strikes down Tony Evers' stay-at-home order that closed businesses, schools to limit spread of coronavirus

No one who actually cares about helping people goes into government service. If one of them should accidentally find themselves there, they immediately get the hell out, so that they may go be useful somewhere.
Government is a criminal enterprise; the people in it are gangsters.

eeeyep.

Most folks who seek government office have an insatiable appetite for power over people. It's an appetite that can never be satisfied. So they seek government office in order to get the power that they crave so much but wouldn't ordinarily have. Then they keep taking and taking and taking and taking.

Most of em are sociopaths, in my view.

Disinfectant salesmen are going to make big bucks as any responsible business owner, or any employer actually worth working for that is, will ensure every last minute detail to keep workers safe.

The first governor in the country has had his power grab taken away from him

Without legislative review, “an unelected official could create law applicable to all people during the course of COVID-19 and subject people to imprisonment when they disobeyed her order,” the majority wrote.

GOP lawmakers who brought the lawsuit have said the legal challenge was necessary to get a seat at the table where Evers and state health officials make decisions about how to respond to the outbreak, which has killed 418 people in the state in two months.

Wisconsin Supreme Court strikes down Tony Evers' stay-at-home order that closed businesses, schools to limit spread of coronavirus

The decision won’t last
Public safety is at risk
What higher authority will 3 years from now if it got
SCOTUS
If it got to SC in 2-3 years.
That’s part of the ploy that the illegal shutdowners are employing. The court cases take too long and by time rulings come out situations have changed, hysteria mongers move goalposts, or situation resolved itself

Without legislative review, “an unelected official could create law applicable to all people during the course of COVID-19 and subject people to imprisonment when they disobeyed her order,” the majority wrote.

GOP lawmakers who brought the lawsuit have said the legal challenge was necessary to get a seat at the table where Evers and state health officials make decisions about how to respond to the outbreak, which has killed 418 people in the state in two months.

The decision won’t last
Public safety is at risk
SCOTUS
That’s part of the ploy that the illegal shutdowners are employing. The court cases take too long and by time rulings come out situations have changed, hysteria mongers move goalposts, or situation resolved itself
Due to public safety concerns, SCOTUS should issue a stay till they can sort out the powers of government

This works out for all involved. Those that want to work do. Those that stay home stay home. Nobody loses even if there's a chunk of people not buying.

The decision won’t last
Public safety is at risk
SCOTUS
Due to public safety concerns, SCOTUS should issue a stay till they can sort out the powers of government
Since when is public safety a concern of SCOTUS?

(And btw, anyone who uses "safety" as a justification for telling anyone, anywhere, at any time, in regards to anything, what they can or cannot do, doesn't really care about anyone's "safety")

No one who actually cares about helping people goes into government service. If one of them should accidentally find themselves there, they immediately get the hell out, so that they may go be useful somewhere.

eeeyep.

Most folks who seek government office have an insatiable appetite for power over people. It's an appetite that can never be satisfied. So they seek government office in order to get the power that they crave so much but wouldn't ordinarily have. Then they keep taking and taking and taking and taking.

It's hard to tell whether you or I has the more mediocre, unimpressive, and unfit-for-the-job governor.

The decision won’t last
Public safety is at risk
SCOTUS
Nice made up”public safety concern” declaration that exists nowhere.

eeeyep.

It's hard to tell whether you or I has the more mediocre, unimpressive, and unfit-for-the-job governor.
Well, they're all trash, so I'm not really going to worry about the rankings..... trash is trash.

The governor here just moved his napoleonic goalposts to June 1st. With each extention of his personal decree he excuses it with the latest step in the political narrative. With this extention he's pimpin the 'contact tracing' thing. He's a little Marxist peckerwood, that one.

The governor here just moved his napoleonic goalposts to June 1st.
Heard that....Hope there's a mob at is doorstep in St. Paul soon.

Per the thread, our cuck Guv got his ass smacked down by the state Supreme Court a few hours ago.....I may celebrate by going to a rally in Chicago on Saturday.

Our cuck Guv got his ass smacked down by the state Supreme Court a few hours ago.....I may celebrate by going to a rally in Chicago on Saturday.

I'm in Delaware. For now.

There's not much protest here, it's almost as bad as California in this state.

It's a power grab to save lives?
Whatever you say

I

Whatever you say
I didn't say anything, I asked a question.

Is it a power grab to save lives?

I

Whatever you say

Why would you think it was?

I

Whatever you say

The Wisconsin supreme court and our resident shit stirrer seem to.

I

Whatever you say

It's definitely a power grab, my question is why would anyone think it's about safety?

I

Whatever you say

It's definitely a power grab, my question is why would anyone think it's about safety?
Maybe you missed it; there's a pandemic happening.

I

Whatever you say

Maybe you missed it; there's a pandemic happening.
There's always an excuse; doesn't ever make it okay.

then why did 418 people die? they failed.

Forum List

Back