'Corker Kickback' Shakes Senate

I guess lefties are still hoping for a stagnant economy and high unemployment but I think the Country will prosper in spite of the obstructionist democrats.

#CorkerKickback Turns Up The Flame Under Senator For His Tax Vote Switch

Bob Corker says he had no idea the perk was in the bill because “I never saw the actual text” before supporting it.

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) was still scrambling to do damage control Monday after it was revealed that he switched his vote on the GOP tax bill to yes soon after a tax deduction was added that could benefit his real estate investments.

Asked on ABC’s “This Week” on Sunday about the late addition to the tax bill, Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas) said it was meant to “cobble together votes” to pass the Republican measure. Corker was the only GOP senator remaining Friday who had declared his opposition to the bill. But by the end of the day, after the new deduction became part of the final bill, he issued a surprise statement announcing that he was backing the tax bill because it was an “opportunity” for business. Voting on the bill is expected to begin Tuesday.

Corker had long been opposed to the tax bill because of projections it would add an estimated $1 trillion to the federal budget deficits over 10 years. It’s possible that the latest version of the bill (with the government getting even less money with the new deduction) could mean even worse news for the nation’s debt. Corker’s switch was “so troubling” because nothing about his concerns about the deficit were addressed, tweeted Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.).

Corker is now being lambasted with the trending hashtag #CorkerKickback. The International Business Times has reported that Corker, other GOP leaders and Donald Trump and his family stand to pocket millions of dollars in reduced taxes under the new provision.

More: #CorkerKickback Turns Up The Flame Under Senator For His Tax Vote Switch

There seems to be no honor in the House or Senate. Corker can't even be honorable on his way out the door.

There was no honor when O was stealing trillions from the taxpayers with stimulus and ocare. You didn't care. No one cares. Your wailing is falling on deaf ears.

So your philosophy is that doing the right thing is equal to doing the wrong thing if when doing the wrong thing you're able to point to someone else that you claim also did the wrong thing?

Bob Corker says he had no idea the perk was in the bill because “I never saw the actual text” before supporting it.

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) was still scrambling to do damage control Monday after it was revealed that he switched his vote on the GOP tax bill to yes soon after a tax deduction was added that could benefit his real estate investments.

Asked on ABC’s “This Week” on Sunday about the late addition to the tax bill, Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas) said it was meant to “cobble together votes” to pass the Republican measure. Corker was the only GOP senator remaining Friday who had declared his opposition to the bill. But by the end of the day, after the new deduction became part of the final bill, he issued a surprise statement announcing that he was backing the tax bill because it was an “opportunity” for business. Voting on the bill is expected to begin Tuesday.

Corker had long been opposed to the tax bill because of projections it would add an estimated $1 trillion to the federal budget deficits over 10 years. It’s possible that the latest version of the bill (with the government getting even less money with the new deduction) could mean even worse news for the nation’s debt. Corker’s switch was “so troubling” because nothing about his concerns about the deficit were addressed, tweeted Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.).

Corker is now being lambasted with the trending hashtag #CorkerKickback. The International Business Times has reported that Corker, other GOP leaders and Donald Trump and his family stand to pocket millions of dollars in reduced taxes under the new provision.

There seems to be no honor in the House or Senate. Corker can't even be honorable on his way out the door.
Wait you guys are turning on one of your favorite republicans...awwwwww.
and I love the naming....trying to recreate the Cornhusker Kickback....sorry it aint the same and neither is the opposition to this....not enough protestors for ole Nancy to show up at .......BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAHA

There was no honor when O was stealing trillions from the taxpayers with stimulus and ocare. You didn't care. No one cares. Your wailing is falling on deaf ears.

So your philosophy is that doing the right thing is equal to doing the wrong thing if when doing the wrong thing you're able to point to someone else that you claim also did the wrong thing?

Im stating that trump hasn't lowered taxes enough. Its way past time that our govt does without. W and O were absolutely horrid for this county in terms of their raking and stealing trillions from taxpayers through their never ending wars, lies about stimulus, obamacare etc.

The Democrats who are opposed to the Tax Reform Bill should teach President Trump real lesson by refusing to take any of their tax deductions

"Pork" is usually in the form of spending for a member's district. Not a personal windfall.

Using tax dollars to buy votes for re-election is a 'windfall'....

No,dope. Using tax dollars that are a PERSONAL WINDFALL to a member to bribe that member for a YES vote.
Using tax dollars to pay for votes that gets politicians re-elected is a 'personal windfall' when you consider that politician is becoming a millionaire while in Congress (almost all do / are), elevate themselves to positions above the Constitution and / or Laws they pass and impose on others, and all of the other perks they enjoy....

The Democrats who are opposed to the Tax Reform Bill should teach President Trump real lesson by refusing to take any of their tax deductions
And all those whining about how people don't pay their fair share / could/should pay more - Nothing is stopping them from paying more than Uncle Sam says they owe. GO FOR IT! (They would, instead, rather FORCE others to pay more, not offer to do so themselves...)

I guess you missed the part where the "kickback" was actually published a month ago. No kickback, just more bullpoo from the progressive silly people.

I guess you missed his comment: “I never saw the actual text” before supporting it.

I realize this soon to be law will raise a lot of money for goper congress critters trying to hold onto their jobs ..... but damn. Americans seem to be figuring out what these bills are really about. And nobody is going to get raise cause their boss got a tax cut.

Corker is now being lambasted with the trending hashtag #CorkerKickback.

I remember when the Democrats had no issue whatsoever with the Cornhusker Kickback and the Louisiana Purchase in the ACA to secure Ben Nelson's and Mary Landrieu's vote. Oh, and they never read the bill either.

Hypocrite.

It amazes me how far away this is from what Rubio ... and even Ryan ... argued for two years ago.

Sort of reminds me of Charlie Sheen. LOL

It's all a con job.

Men’s Wearhouse Founder: GOP Tax Bill Is A Giveaway To Millionaires Like Me
By George Zimmer, Contributor
Founder of Generation Tux and The Men's Wearhouse
How can anyone claim with a straight face that we're the ones who need help?

If these millionaires don't want the money then why don't they give it back?

Bureau of the Fiscal Service - Gifts to the U.S. Government

I'll bet not a single one of them will

It amazes me how far away this is from what Rubio ... and even Ryan ... argued for two years ago.

Sort of reminds me of Charlie Sheen. LOL

It's all a con job.

Men’s Wearhouse Founder: GOP Tax Bill Is A Giveaway To Millionaires Like Me
By George Zimmer, Contributor
Founder of Generation Tux and The Men's Wearhouse
How can anyone claim with a straight face that we're the ones who need help?

Corker is now being lambasted with the trending hashtag #CorkerKickback.

I remember when the Democrats had no issue whatsoever with the Cornhusker Kickback and the Louisiana Purchase in the ACA to secure Ben Nelson's and Mary Landrieu's vote. Oh, and they never read the bill either.

Hypocrite.
That is different you see Liberals all know what is best for us unwashed masses and they deserve to get all the perks not those pesky conservatives

Forum List

Back