'Corker Kickback' Shakes Senate

#CorkerKickback Turns Up The Flame Under Senator For His Tax Vote Switch

Bob Corker says he had no idea the perk was in the bill because “I never saw the actual text” before supporting it.

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) was still scrambling to do damage control Monday after it was revealed that he switched his vote on the GOP tax bill to yes soon after a tax deduction was added that could benefit his real estate investments.

Asked on ABC’s “This Week” on Sunday about the late addition to the tax bill, Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas) said it was meant to “cobble together votes” to pass the Republican measure. Corker was the only GOP senator remaining Friday who had declared his opposition to the bill. But by the end of the day, after the new deduction became part of the final bill, he issued a surprise statement announcing that he was backing the tax bill because it was an “opportunity” for business. Voting on the bill is expected to begin Tuesday.

Corker had long been opposed to the tax bill because of projections it would add an estimated $1 trillion to the federal budget deficits over 10 years. It’s possible that the latest version of the bill (with the government getting even less money with the new deduction) could mean even worse news for the nation’s debt. Corker’s switch was “so troubling” because nothing about his concerns about the deficit were addressed, tweeted Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.).

Corker is now being lambasted with the trending hashtag #CorkerKickback. The International Business Times has reported that Corker, other GOP leaders and Donald Trump and his family stand to pocket millions of dollars in reduced taxes under the new provision.

More: #CorkerKickback Turns Up The Flame Under Senator For His Tax Vote Switch

There seems to be no honor in the House or Senate. Corker can't even be honorable on his way out the door.

I guess you missed the part where the "kickback" was actually published a month ago. No kickback, just more bullpoo from the progressive silly people.

I guess you missed his comment: “I never saw the actual text” before supporting it.

For it to have been a nefarious "kickback" punched through at the last second to get his vote, it would have to have NOT been public record for a month. But, yet again, you progressives don't do facts.

Bob Corker says he had no idea the perk was in the bill because “I never saw the actual text” before supporting it.

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) was still scrambling to do damage control Monday after it was revealed that he switched his vote on the GOP tax bill to yes soon after a tax deduction was added that could benefit his real estate investments.

Asked on ABC’s “This Week” on Sunday about the late addition to the tax bill, Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas) said it was meant to “cobble together votes” to pass the Republican measure. Corker was the only GOP senator remaining Friday who had declared his opposition to the bill. But by the end of the day, after the new deduction became part of the final bill, he issued a surprise statement announcing that he was backing the tax bill because it was an “opportunity” for business. Voting on the bill is expected to begin Tuesday.

Corker had long been opposed to the tax bill because of projections it would add an estimated $1 trillion to the federal budget deficits over 10 years. It’s possible that the latest version of the bill (with the government getting even less money with the new deduction) could mean even worse news for the nation’s debt. Corker’s switch was “so troubling” because nothing about his concerns about the deficit were addressed, tweeted Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.).

Corker is now being lambasted with the trending hashtag #CorkerKickback. The International Business Times has reported that Corker, other GOP leaders and Donald Trump and his family stand to pocket millions of dollars in reduced taxes under the new provision.

There seems to be no honor in the House or Senate. Corker can't even be honorable on his way out the door.
The death throes of a dying party.

I guess you missed the part where the "kickback" was actually published a month ago. No kickback, just more bullpoo from the progressive silly people.

I guess you missed his comment: “I never saw the actual text” before supporting it.

For it to have been a nefarious "kickback" punched through at the last second to get his vote, it would have to have NOT been public record for a month. But, yet again, you progressives don't do facts.

The fact I presented had nothing to do with a public record, he flip flopped and never saw the text of the bill when he did that. Someone got to him, he should be investigated to determine if in fact he accepted a bribe.

Bribery. Plain and simple bribery. Pure corruption. Our President and the Republican Congress are thieves.
Rational people are willing to see corruption on both sides of the aisle. Even someone like Bernie Sanders votes for the war machine; not to enrich himself but to bring the military pork home so that Vermonters have jobs.

But I wouldn't call Bernie a thief, that is how the game is played.

The fact I presented had nothing to do with a public record, he flip flopped and never saw the text of the bill when he did that. Someone got to him, he should be investigated to determine if in fact he accepted a bribe.

Sure thing. I would actually like to see ALL of Congress and the Senate investigated for the very obvious bribes that they accept to change their votes. We are in agreement

Bribery. Plain and simple bribery. Pure corruption. Our President and the Republican Congress are thieves.
Rational people are willing to see corruption on both sides of the aisle. Even someone like Bernie Sanders votes for the war machine; not to enrich himself but to bring the military pork home so that Vermonters have jobs.

What about what his wife did? Would you consider that "being a thief".

Sure thing. I would actually like to see ALL of Congress and the Senate investigated for the very obvious bribes that they accept to change their votes. We are in agreement

As would I, however the Supreme Court made bribery acceptable, they decided 5 to 4 money had no influence on how a Pol Voted, it was simply a persons expression of free speech.

Bob Corker is a scum of the Earth JDAAC, a Jew disguised as a Christian.

All he did was spend us into oblivion as a "conservative" and endlessly support war in the Middle East to help Israel.

The man is a total fraud.

AUDIT his 2001 investments now.

He loaded up on Defense Stocks in the first half of 2001... with insider Zionist info...

BTW - is he fluent in Hebrew?

How many hours a week is he talking to Israel in HEBREW on the phone???

As would I, however the Supreme Court made bribery acceptable, they decided 5 to 4 money had no influence on how a Pol Voted, it was simply a persons expression of free speech.

Indeed, but progressives were fine with it so long as the unions were able to do it without challenge. How about this. We outlaw ALL PAC's. Donations are limited to 1,000 per individual. No bundlers are allowed, in other words, lets get the PEOPLE back in the game and not the corruptocrats that run the system.

You mean like the kickback that the democrats gave that republican to get his vote on Obamacare? Wasn’t it the Nebraska Kickback? Something like that?

It’s ok of course if the left does it.

The "Louisiana Purchase" got Mary Landrieu's vote.

I forgot what they called the bribe for the Senator from Nebraska - the CornHole filler?

More lies from the left how low will they go making up fabrications so easy to destroy as this the provision was in the house bill a MONTH ago you retards.
And Corker was opposed to the senate bill until the provision from the house bill was added to it — a provision that could enrich Corker, other members of Congress and the potus.

The provision does nothing to lower the 1.5 trillion the legislation is projected to add to the national debt; and since Corker originally opposed the legislation because of its price tag, one can’t help but wonder why he’d suddenly change his vote.
It was because of his price tag.

What about what his wife did? Would you consider that "being a thief".
Sanders' wife is guilty of being a lousy fundraiser but she is not a thief. Fortunately, this thread is about Corker Kickback.

Corker doesn't care about the Deficit as he claims, since the Debt has TRIPLED since he first got elected lying that he is a "conservative Christian" when in reality he is a Zionist Traitor, a Jew, and a big big spender of American taxdollars...

Kickbacks....what a shocker.

Why should JDAAC Corker read bills he votes on?

He doesn't give a SHIT about AMERICA.

ALL he cares about is ISRAEL.

For a Dem to complain about "kickbacks" is almost as funny as Dems who complain about "sexual misconduct..."

Forum List

Back