copy/paste

FA_Q2

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2009
Washington State
Is anyone else having an issue using copy/paste? I usually copy and past quotes to format my responses but about a week ago it simply stopped working. Now if I copy or cut and try to paste it does not display anything. It actually does the paste though as hitting F5 will bring the page back up with the paste applied. it is somewhat unreliable as to where the paste actually ends up but it is there. I run firefox and windows 8.

YES!! Thank you, thought my laptop was going haywire. I'll paste some passage and nothing shows up at all. I try again, nothing. I try a third time, nothing. Yet if I post it, what I was pasting shows up three times. Then I have to go back and fix it. Pain inna ass.

This has been going on for several days, maybe a week. I'm also on Firefox/Win 8.

Is anyone else having an issue using copy/paste? I usually copy and past quotes to format my responses but about a week ago it simply stopped working. Now if I copy or cut and try to paste it does not display anything. It actually does the paste though as hitting F5 will bring the page back up with the paste applied. it is somewhat unreliable as to where the paste actually ends up but it is there. I run firefox and windows 8.

Works fine for me. Some websites have figured out ways to prevent cutting and pasting, but if it's happening every time you try, it sounds like a local problem on your end.

YES Thank you, thought my laptop was going haywire. I'll paste some passage and nothing shows up at all. I try again, nothing. I try a third time, nothing. Yet if I post it, what I was pasting shows up three times. Then I have to go back and fix it. Pain inna ass.

Hmm. Dunno, still works fine for me. Just tried it again.

YES Thank you, thought my laptop was going haywire. I'll paste some passage and nothing shows up at all. I try again, nothing. I try a third time, nothing. Yet if I post it, what I was pasting shows up three times. Then I have to go back and fix it. Pain inna ass.

For me it's only happening on this site. Anywhere else I paste something it shows up normally.

Testing:
For me it's only happening on this site. Anywhere else I paste something it shows up normally.
OKOK now th4e above doen't show up when I pate, and what I'typing right now isn't showing up either. Absolutely blank. When I psted something from outside the writing box it psted fine btut when I quogte from inside the box it's invisible.

EDIT 2: That's what happens when I can't see what I'm doing. I tried to add this edit but it was blank yet again. I hit "cancel" and then came back in, and now it's visible. There's something amiss with this quote box.

(edited out additional text here that I couldn't see was here until it was posted)

Last edited:

Testing:
OKOK now th4e above doen't show up when I pate, and what I'typing right now isn't showing up either. Absolutely blank. When I psted something from outside the writing box it psted fine btut when I quogte from inside the box it's invisible.

EDIT 2: That's what happens when I can't see what I'm doing. I tried to add this edit but it was blank yet again. I hit "cancel" and then came back in, and now it's visible. There's something amiss with this quote box.

(edited out additional text here that I couldn't see was here until it was posted)
I am having the EXACT same issue as you pogo. Very wonky.

What browser are you using. Thus far it seems to be firefox users.

Chrome as well.

Chrome as well.
That seems to be the issue. Apparently the board does not play well with firefox :(

Yes, I thought it was just me. I'm running Ubuntu and Firefox. I often can't see the past, then after saving have several copies show up.

Yes, I thought it was just me. I'm running Ubuntu and Firefox. I often can't see the past, then after saving have several copies show up.
Thanks, now the website will have to shut down for a week to repair....

Forum List

Back