Cops show up 3 hours after 911 call then murder family dog

"Pigs" is not constructive. Well trained police,well regulated, well paid, and federal aid to locals so there are plenty and not over worked IS constructive. Privatized low paid law enforcement and prison personnel is a huge mistake- myopic voodoo legacy...

Unless you have been there remain silent. There are Police officers and their are pigs.

The police officer acted within the parameters of his department, and as he was trained. Thats why the parameters were changed.

Dog shooting prompts police to change policies

The new policy clarifies that lethal force is authorized if officers decide there is "imminent danger of bodily harm" to themselves or another human, not when a dog is simply acting aggressively, Carter said. It requires a higher level of discretion; the old policy was less specific and said lethal force can be used if an animal is a threat to safety.

"Pigs" is not constructive. Well trained police,well regulated, well paid, and federal aid to locals so there are plenty and not over worked IS constructive. Privatized low paid law enforcement and prison personnel is a huge mistake- myopic voodoo legacy...

Unless you have been there remain silent. There are Police officers and their are pigs.

The police officer acted within the parameters of his department, and as he was trained. Thats why the parameters were changed.

The new policy clarifies that lethal force is authorized if officers decide there is "imminent danger of bodily harm" to themselves or another human, not when a dog is simply acting aggressively, Carter said. It requires a higher level of discretion; the old policy was less specific and said lethal force can be used if an animal is a threat to safety.

The officers weren't trained properly from what I took and that's what has lead to the change in policy.

The officers weren't trained properly from what I took and that's what has lead to the change in policy.

No hands on, or thats what I got from it, but training is not really necessary. People need to control their dogs. Dont get me wrong, Cops behave badly, but in all thees cases the shootings could have been avoided by responsible dog owners.

No hands on, or thats what I got from it, but training is not really necessary. People need to control their dogs. Dont get me wrong, Cops behave badly, but in all thees cases the shootings could have been avoided by responsible dog owners.
Correction training is necessary, if at least for PR right now that department has a bad rep with people who love dogs, and that could effect them with other investigations.

Correction training is necessary, if at least for PR right now that department has a bad rep with people who love dogs, and that could effect them with other investigations.

I agree 100% right their, and that's sad. I went to school with a guy who went on to work for HPD. That job has destroyed him. Its a shame that good or bad PR dictates law enforcement policy.

by the way this is lunging

Azul,lunging_edited.jpg

That animal is nothing more then an amalgamation of breeds (mutt) stuffed full of Creatine and possibly anabolic steroids with a healthy dose of plastic surgery. The one in the video is closer to a real Pitt. As for the definition of lunging, it does not matter. The dog was uncontrolled by its owner who was incapable of caring for him self, let alone an allegedly dangerous animal. It was the owners fault the dog was killed.

You do not know what you are talking about. My male pit is a bit bigger than the one in the pic. He is every bit if not more muscular. My dog just works out every day running stairs mostly and doing pulling excercises. Also he play fights with my other pit a 70 lb female. They do that a couple of hours a day. ALL of their excercise is voluntary and natural. I do not make them do anything. They just do it because they like to. Neither dog is given any drugs at all. I'm guessing the grey pit is about 100 lbs. Mine is around 120 lbs. His line was bred for size. He was the biggest pup in the litter. His brother, over a year older, looks just like him except he has the cropped ears. The cop should have called animal control unless there was a person bit. Either way they did not have to force the dog to react by acting threatening. Animal control could have handled the job easily.

Last edited:
by the way this is lunging

Azul,lunging_edited.jpg

That animal is nothing more then an amalgamation of breeds (mutt) stuffed full of Creatine and possibly anabolic steroids with a healthy dose of plastic surgery. The one in the video is closer to a real Pitt. As for the definition of lunging, it does not matter. The dog was uncontrolled by its owner who was incapable of caring for him self, let alone an allegedly dangerous animal. It was the owners fault the dog was killed.

You do not know what you are talking about. My male pit is a bit bigger than the one in the pic. He is every bit if not more muscular. My dog just works out every day running stairs mostly and doing pulling excercises. Also he play fights with my other pit a 70 lb female. They do that a couple of hours a day. ALL of their excercise is voluntary and natural. I do not make them do anything. They just do it because they like to. Neither dog is given any drugs at all. I'm guessing the grey pit is about 100 lbs. Mine is around 120 lbs. His line was bred for size. He was the biggest pup in the litter. His brother, over a year older, looks just like him except he has the cropped ears. The cop should have called animal control unless there was a person bit. Either way they did not have to force the dog to react by acting threatening. Animal control could have handled the job easily.

Oh, but I do.The dog in the pic, as well as your dog may have some true pit in them, but the over muscled, things that pass as pits thees days are nothing more then line bred mutts that suckers pay thousands for. All my dogs were and are pullers, and even have access to spring poles for fun. And so you know, your average animal control "officer" is not much more then a high school drop out with so many hours of "training". They are not the experts they are made out to be on Animal Planet. I grew up and ran pigs with true pits, not thees things that people buy today to look cool. Not saying they are bad dogs, just that they are not true pit bulls.

Here is a dog that most likely is mostly true pit

american_pit_bull_terrier1233879280.jpg

I am going to be polite to the OP, and offer to take the dog talk to the pets forum. As for the Cops, they acted with in the policy of their department. They did their job.

You guys know that unlike Grand Theft Auto and other video games (which is likely the full extent of all of you all's police knowledge/experience) the real life cops dont have a "pause" button. If a dog comes at them, they can't just hit "pause", call animal control and wait. BTW, what would animal control do with a lunging pit? AC doesn't carry guns. And if they did, they would have to shoot also if there was no escape. There is no magic pill or tool to catch a charging, large, aggressive dog.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for those who think cops have a "pause" button.

You guys know that unlike Grand Theft Auto and other video games (which is likely the full extent of all of you all's police knowledge/experience) the real life cops dont have a "pause" button. If a dog comes at them, they can't just hit "pause", call animal control and wait. BTW, what would animal control do with a lunging pit? AC doesn't carry guns. And if they did, they would have to shoot also if there was no escape. There is no magic pill or tool to catch a charging, large, aggressive dog.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for those who think cops have a "pause" button.

He wasn't lunging

You must admit that modern law dictates that deadly force was authorized. Correct?

All I have to admit is that cops will never be found liable for shooting a dog. I could have walked up to that dog and restrained it without getting hurt, and I am not trained to do that kind of stuff. Police should be trained to deal with animals, not shoot them.

They are trained or supposed to be trained to handle that type of situation.

They don't seem to be trained to handle it.

Police shoot dead a chihuahua, but only after tasing it first

do you want to take the position that all cases of cops shooting dogs are the fault of the owners?

All I have to admit is that cops will never be found liable for shooting a dog. I could have walked up to that dog and restrained it without getting hurt, and I am not trained to do that kind of stuff. Police should be trained to deal with animals, not shoot them.

True, better training is often needed. But that cost money, which the sacred "taxpayer" isn't willing to do lately.

Or, it could be cops who are trained well, but just dont give a fuck and know the law says if a dog is charging them, they can kill it heartlessly. THats fucked up and I'd never be that way, but some people are.

So, why do we have undertrained or just plain bad cops? Well, we have to retain good ones, and attract better candidates.

All while people are demanding pay and benefits for cops be slashed.

And if you slash pay and benefits for ANY career, you'll lose good ones and attract fewer and fewer potential good ones.

Now, lets read the Tea Party's next thread about slashing pay and benefits for cops, then bitch about why there are more and more bad cops who are undertrained and have little experience.

True, better training is often needed. But that cost money, which the sacred "taxpayer" isn't willing to do lately.

Or, it could be cops who are trained well, but just dont give a fuck and know the law says if a dog is charging them, they can kill it heartlessly. THats fucked up and I'd never be that way, but some people are.

So, why do we have undertrained or just plain bad cops? Well, we have to retain good ones, and attract better candidates.

And if you slash pay and benefits for ANY career, you'll lose good ones and attract fewer and fewer potential good ones.

Now, lets read the Tea Party's next thread about slashing pay and benefits for cops, then bitch about why there are more and more bad cops who are undertrained and have little experience.

:eusa_whistle: beat that union drum beat beat beat it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason we have bad cops is quite simple, we have more cops. The more cops we have the more of them will be bad, simple statistics tell us that.

do you want to take the position that all cases of cops shooting dogs are the fault of the owners?

In some, yes. But not all. Some times they are shot just because. But I dont want cops fired or brought up on charges for shooting them out of hand.

I know someone that raises and trains police dogs. She told me when I was visiting her is to never look the dogs in the eye, and that dogs that have their heads down are being defensive, not aggressive. That dog was defending, not attacking, all they had to do was wait, approach it slowly, and let it know they were not a threat. Their body language showed fear, not confidence, and they were looking directly at the dog.
That has nothing to do with the fact that the dog lunged. I absolutely agree with what you are saying that the dog was warning people and more for show than an actual willingness to attack. I've said this multiple times.

The average joe is not going to know this. I do not agree that the dog should have been shot, but I do understand why it was shot.

The dog did not lunge.
I suggest you find a dictionary that agrees with you. I'll wait here.

Forum List

Back