Cops show up 3 hours after 911 call then murder family dog

I agree with that.

He could have been protecting food that was in the pack as far as any of us know.

Without movement there is no lunge. In the video clearly the dog lunged in a charging motion. He was not walking.

In the picture it's possible that the dog was holding it's ground. It's possible the dog got into that position because the person holding he leash backed up, instead of the dog pulling forward. Again... If there is no motion there is no lunge. Holding ground is not lunging. There was no movement. I'm not saying that is what is happening in the picture, only that it's a possibility given it's a still frame and harder to judge if it's lunging or not.

The argument that the dog wasn't lunging because it wasn't aggressive is a stupid argument. That has nothing to do with lunging. The dog was defending, and likely was not a threat as it was more show than an actual want to bite anyone. However that does not mean in any way, shape, or form that the dog did not lunge.

The dog did lunge in the video.

Edit: If someone wants to argue that the dog wasn't showing signs of aggressiveness to the point of biting someone... I have no choice but to agree. However it is obviously showing that the dog felt that it would bite if it had to. The dog was warning people. I wouldn't expect the average Joe to know the difference. But to say he didn't lunge is both stupid and incorrect.

I hate to disagree on the lunging part, I really do but from my training lunging would be in the act of jumping forward. the dog didn't do that he ran forward.
Your training doesn't agree with any dictionary that I know of in regards to the word. If I have a choice between trusting what you know about the correct meaning, or a dictionary... I'm going to pick the dictionary every time. Just a heads up for possible future misunderstandings.

Well met.

by the way this is lunging

Azul,lunging_edited.jpg

True enough. My Pits don't lower their heads when in attack mode. They look straight at the target .. They may bark/growl as well but the most you are going to get with it's head down is a nip below the knee. Pits..at least large ones like my 120 lb red nose male use their weight as well as speed to attempt to knock down their prey with the first "lunge". When they are right on the perp their neck and back is straight but they are higher in the front legs than back so when they push off for the kill they can get some altitude. Mine like to hit hard at arm/shoulder level which has the most lethal choices to grab. hand-forearm-upper arm- neck/face- upper arm-forearm-hand.

The pit in the video was not in attack mode. He was in protect mode. He was just pushing back what he thought was an attack on his master lying there on the ground. If he was attacking the cop he would have gone airborne and come faster. The cop would have never had such a clear shot if the pit was trying to kill him. To someone that doesn't work with pits it may look like the "lunge" is an attack. It may look frightening to some just the way you see it on the video. Trust me...if a large aggressive pit like mine is within ten feet like THAT pit in the video and in full on attack mode...the cop wouldn't have time to aim and shoot his pistol. He might get lucky and get a shot off but more than likely he would lose his hand.

Pits can be lightning fast. My 70 lb blue female jumped up about eight feet in the air this spring and pulled a pigeon flying by right out of the air.. Pigeons fly at around 50 mph. It was one of the most amazing things I've seen a dog do. I'd like to see any cop shoot a pigeon flying by at close range with a pistol. Not very fucking likely.

Take a good look at the pit in the above photo. Those muscles are not for show..they are ALL GO!

That's what my male looks like except about twenty pounds bigger.
We agree hell must be freezing over.

Ya..but it's a dry freeze. :lol:

Owner of pit bull shot by Austin police officer says dog was chained | kvue.com Austin

Of course pigs lied about what really happened and got off scott free. So if pigs can murder our dogs can I shoot a police dog next time it tries to attack me? I mean what's good for goose is good for the gander as well...

This is halarious. Listen to all the liberals whine!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3M_upONUhc]NY Cop Shoots Lunging Pitbull In East Village - YouTube[/ame]

You are a piece of shit. Somebody should have shot both cops and killed them right then and there.

One of these days, something like that is going to happen. The owner will say they thought the cop was going to shoot them so they had to take him out. With the cop holding a drawn gun that was just fired, I don't think any jury would convict, especially knowing the cop had just killed an innocent dog.

Owner of pit bull shot by Austin police officer says dog was chained | kvue.com Austin

Of course pigs lied about what really happened and got off scott free. So if pigs can murder our dogs can I shoot a police dog next time it tries to attack me? I mean what's good for goose is good for the gander as well...

What does this have to do with politics? You're posts are redundant and lame, the mods should ban you.

You're on the wrong forum. The mods aren't going to listen to your stupid ass calls to ban people.

This is halarious. Listen to all the liberals whine!

NY Cop Shoots Lunging Pitbull In East Village - YouTube

I actually saw no reason to shoot the dog, the cop was itching to kill something.
Been dog bite 6 times never felt the need to shoot one.

You must admit that modern law dictates that deadly force was authorized. Correct?

All I have to admit is that cops will never be found liable for shooting a dog. I could have walked up to that dog and restrained it without getting hurt, and I am not trained to do that kind of stuff. Police should be trained to deal with animals, not shoot them.

\
THAT dog did lunge. *shrugs*

Actually no he didn't he had his head down if he was going to lunge his head would have been up.
Head placement? Ok.. You don't know what you are talking about. The good news is on a subject like this most people don't. So you don't look that stupid to many.

I know someone that raises and trains police dogs. She told me when I was visiting her is to never look the dogs in the eye, and that dogs that have their heads down are being defensive, not aggressive. That dog was defending, not attacking, all they had to do was wait, approach it slowly, and let it know they were not a threat. Their body language showed fear, not confidence, and they were looking directly at the dog.

Actually no he didn't he had his head down if he was going to lunge his head would have been up.
Head placement? Ok.. You don't know what you are talking about. The good news is on a subject like this most people don't. So you don't look that stupid to many.

I know someone that raises and trains police dogs. She told me when I was visiting her is to never look the dogs in the eye, and that dogs that have their heads down are being defensive, not aggressive. That dog was defending, not attacking, all they had to do was wait, approach it slowly, and let it know they were not a threat. Their body language showed fear, not confidence, and they were looking directly at the dog.
That has nothing to do with the fact that the dog lunged. I absolutely agree with what you are saying that the dog was warning people and more for show than an actual willingness to attack. I've said this multiple times.

The average joe is not going to know this. I do not agree that the dog should have been shot, but I do understand why it was shot.

Last edited:

That has nothing to do with the fact that the dog lunged. I absolutely agree with what you are saying that the dog was warning people and more for show than an actual willingness to attack. I've said this multiple times.

The average joe is not going to know this. I do not agree that the dog should have been shot, but I do understand why it was shot.

Do you "understand" why animal control was not called in to handle the dog?

Do you "understand" why animal control was not called in to handle the dog?
No... Absolutely no clue. Not saying it was handled well at all. The ignorant cops put themselves into a situation where it only made sense to shoot the dog given their actions.

Edit: If after shooting the dog they went to do the guy laying on the ground, I would have said that they did it to give quicker help to him. However... It looked like they just stood around after the fact. So... that's obviously not the case.

So...
A) They are ignorant of dog psychology
B) They just wanted to shoot the dog
C) All the above.

Last edited:

The dog did not lunge.

What about cops who shoot their own dogs ?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjkUXUgmHio]Cop Shoots Own K-9 Police Dog - YouTube[/ame]

Getting back to the NY cop shooting the Pit Bull, That was 100% on the owner, a homeless guy who was passed out on the cement and not being attentive to the dog. In reality, the man should be charged with some type of neglect as HE got his dog killed.From the article.-

"I told one of the cops, 'Hey, that dog is growling, be careful,' because they were getting pretty close," Rodriguez says. "I used to have a pit bull and that's just how they are, they protect their owners." Rodriguez thought that one woman had placed herself too closely behind the man as she was observing what was happening. "It grabbed her pants, but it didn't bite her, then the dog starts running at the cop.

Video: Cop Shoots Dog In East Village: Gothamist

As for the woman and her dog Papa, She was expecting the police right ? Why not take the dog off the chain and bring him in ? Sure, the cop was a dick, but this woman is the type who makes it hard for me to own a pit bull. Judging by the description of her, it was only a matter of time before the dog was involved in an incident.

by the way this is lunging

Azul,lunging_edited.jpg

That animal is nothing more then an amalgamation of breeds (mutt) stuffed full of Creatine and possibly anabolic steroids with a healthy dose of plastic surgery. The one in the video is closer to a real Pitt. As for the definition of lunging, it does not matter. The dog was uncontrolled by its owner who was incapable of caring for him self, let alone an allegedly dangerous animal. It was the owners fault the dog was killed.

I don't live in the "hood" I live on a nice quiet gravel road in a very very white area. So yeah the cops here are corrupt as fuck and have nothing better to do than harass people.

I don't live in the "hood" I live on a nice quiet gravel road in a very very white area. So yeah the cops here are corrupt as fuck and have nothing better to do than harass people.

Well believe what you wish but they are not pigs. They're human beings with a tough job to do. I wouldn't trade places with any of them.

I'm sure they had their reasons. The Police are never wrong. Only an America-Hating Terrorist would complain about this. So why do you hate America so much? What the fuck is your problem?

Well believe what you wish but they are not pigs. They're human beings with a tough job to do. I wouldn't trade places with any of them.

Oh neither would I. I love power and power in the hands of whacko's like the cops is not a good thing and I would use my power in a bad way so I stay away from ever trying to be a cop. I also won't be a cop because they are part of the problem they are the stormtroopers on the street enforcing the dictators laws.

Oh neither would I. I love power and power in the hands of whacko's like the cops is not a good thing and I would use my power in a bad way so I stay away from ever trying to be a cop. I also won't be a cop because they are part of the problem they are the stormtroopers on the street enforcing the dictators laws.

Well put a big note in your local paper. Tell the cops that if they're ever called to the scene of you being mauled by a pit bull, tell them not to shoot it. Tell them to call animal control.

:lol::lol::lol:

This is what you say now, but you like all the other cop haters will run to then crying when you need them. They are pigs until some thug is trying to kick your door down or someone bumps your car .

Forum List

Back