Convention celebrating conservatism

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I happen to be listening to Rush. He is pointing out something i didnt really think about. I mean i realized it was happening it just didnt connect before.

The convention has been nothing but conservatism.

I mean yeah we have some of the more moderate people in the party speaking. But what are they speaking about? Conservative principles.

McCain was speaking solely on defense and national security. Yeah he has some more liberal leanings but he was talking about conservative principles. He could have been talking about his moderate positions like Campaign finance or repealing the tax cuts.

Rudy, again not the most conservative Republican, but he was speaking on the War on terror, integrity, leadership. etc not on his support for abortion or gay marriage.

And Arnold, we all know he is more liberal in some of the social areas. But he was talking about freedom, capitalism, freedom to achieve dreams.

There is no doubt the first lady was conservative. So i wont mention that.

Republicans are going out there with their more moderate members and we are all emphasizing the conservative ideals that make us republicans. Its interesting to see that.

insein said:
Far cry from us hiding ourselves as moderates as the media would have you believe at every waking moment, huh? lol.

I know the news media just hasnt figured that out yet. They havent figured out whats going on yet. not even at fox. i was watching them to the post speech analysis and i was just like they just dont understand whats going on. they dont get it. And then they took emails where a bunch of people were telling them they dont get it. its rather sad though i expect better from Fox.

I know the news media just hasnt figured that out yet. They havent figured out whats going on yet. not even at fox. i was watching them to the post speech analysis and i was just like they just dont understand whats going on. they dont get it. And then they took emails where a bunch of people were telling them they dont get it. its rather sad though i expect better from Fox.

Ive been watching CSPAN. I can get Rush's and Hannity's analysis the next day. I don't need talking heads talking over the speeches trying to put their spin on it either way. CSPAN has no commentators or interuptions. Just straight coverage. I have to give them credit.

insein said:
Ive been watching CSPAN. I can get Rush's and Hannity's analysis the next day. I don't need talking heads talking over the speeches trying to put their spin on it either way. CSPAN has no commentators or interuptions. Just straight coverage. I have to give them credit.

Me too. I started with FOX, but just like the others, they only want to put the 'names' on, sorry, about 7pm I switch to C-Span. During some of the bands I switched back to FOX, but they were still talking about 'race' instead of what was being said-so I went back to the bands.

Unfortunately, the 'big speeches' came on too late, once again I fell asleep. So here I am at 1am with C-Span on again, they are rerunning and I definately want to catch Miller. I'm still going through 'new posts', but have yet to find anything on Cheney's speech here. Noticed Yahoo is pushing Cheney and not mentioning Miller, which makes me think Miller's was much more effective. :)

Kathianne said:
Me too. I started with FOX, but just like the others, they only want to put the 'names' on, sorry, about 7pm I switch to C-Span. During some of the bands I switched back to FOX, but they were still talking about 'race' instead of what was being said-so I went back to the bands.

Unfortunately, the 'big speeches' came on too late, once again I fell asleep. So here I am at 1am with C-Span on again, they are rerunning and I definately want to catch Miller. I'm still going through 'new posts', but have yet to find anything on Cheney's speech here. Noticed Yahoo is pushing Cheney and not mentioning Miller, which makes me think Miller's was much more effective. :)

Argg, C-Span just switched to a Kerry speech at 1:07am! "Highlights of Miller, and the Cheney's speeches" will be shown at noon. Now I could be wrong, hope I am, but I don't remember this during the DNC Convention.

Forum List

Back