consumer confidence hignest since 10/2007

so how many of these people will be more likely to vote for robmoney?

I don't know. How many of them will be more likely to vote for the Obamination?

I think many of them will.

I think fewer and fewer will vote for Robmoney.

So I guess it isnt good for the republicans chance at election

Well, I think that you are wrong.

And I think the Republicans will do very well in November.

So if the economy is issue number one then Obama does better while the economy does better.

its common sense

So if the economy is issue number one then Obama does better while the economy does better.

its common sense

Except for the little fact that the economy started getting better after the Republicans gained a majority in the House of Representatives.

Ooops.

The people feel pretty good about our future.

why are the banks not lending to them?

Ah...because President Obama publicly chastised them for much of the first year he was in office for making bad loans and causing the financial meltdown?

Here's the thing, TM...Barry can't accuse bankers of causing the financial meltdown by making loans they shouldn't have made (which was rather ridiculous since it was the Feds who prompted those loans in the first place) and then turn around and chastise them for NOT making the same ill advised loans simply to make HIS economic numbers look better after a trillion dollar stimulus that didn't stimulate very much.

It's why I've said all along that Barack Obama doesn't have a clue what he's doing with the economy and has ZERO plan going forward to fix it other than crossing his fingers and "hoping".

By the way Wookie, if consumer confidence is so high, why are Best Buy's same-store sales down from last year??

Strong sales growth for tablets, smartphones, and e-readers wasn't able to offset significant declines in notebooks, gaming, and televisions, the company said. Best Buy saw same-store sales decline 5.3%, which was a deeper fall than the 2.7% that had been estimated by analysts.

Best Buy Narrowly Beats Adjusted EPS Estimates Amid Same-Store Sales Declines - Seeking Alpha

By the way Wookie, if consumer confidence is so high, why are Best Buy's same-store sales down from last year??

Strong sales growth for tablets, smartphones, and e-readers wasn't able to offset significant declines in notebooks, gaming, and televisions, the company said. Best Buy saw same-store sales decline 5.3%, which was a deeper fall than the 2.7% that had been estimated by analysts.

Best Buy Narrowly Beats Adjusted EPS Estimates Amid Same-Store Sales Declines - Seeking Alpha

I wonder why Kmart and Sears closed stores during the biggest times of the year Christmas 2011?

WASHINGTON (AP) – A better hiring outlook and lower gas prices pushed a measure of U.S. consumer confidence to its highest level in four and a half years.

The Thomson Reuters/University of Michigan index of consumer sentiment jumped to 79.3 in May, up from 76.4 in the previous month. That's the best reading since October 2007 — two months before the recession began.

A high proportion of consumers say they are hearing about job gains rather than losses. The number of those who say they heard of job losses dropped to its lowest point since mid-2007.

Gas prices have also fallen steadily in recent weeks, freeing up more money for other purchases. The average gas price Friday was $3.67 per gallon nationwide, according to AAA. That's down 17 cents in the past month.

U.S. consumer confidence highest in 4 1/2 years

I am confident tool.

Confident that when Obama is defeated in 2012, we are finally going to go in a good direction.

You bet.

More bad news for Democrats.....

Scott CakeWalker is up by 6.5 points and the unions are pissed because Washington won't help them.

That should help swing Wisconsin for Obama.....

Tough luck there, Chirs.

More bad news for Republicans....

How is it bad news for the Republicans, when it took almost his entire term to get consumer confidence back 'almost' to where BUSH had it? :rofl:

Bush had it between 80 and 110 for most of his two terms.
chart.png

Obama hasn't cracked 80 yet! :rofl:

More bad news for Republicans....

How is it bad news for the Republicans, when it took almost his entire term to get consumer confidence back 'almost' to where BUSH had it? :rofl:

Bush had it between 80 and 110 for most of his two terms.
chart.png

Obama hasn't cracked 80 yet! :rofl:

Can you hear that flushing noise ?

That is the end of Obama and Valerie Jarrett.

Maybe Michelle can get her 300+ K job back. Oh, that's right, they phased it out after she left.

Forum List

Back