Conservative of the Year Named

:lol:

"You conservatives" Sealy, get off the crack.

I figured most of you who have read about 5 of my posts would know I am far from a Conservative (least the way it is defined today).

I am not a Democrat either, though I could be defined as a Liberal for my good portion Liberal views. I would consider myself a mix of Liberal and Libertarian however.

I endorsed Chuck Hagel as the best conservative out there. I said I'd vote for him perhaps but I need to see his complete political positions first.

I love his stance on the War in Iraq though and agree with him that Bush is quite reckless in foreign policy as well.

Sorry if I made that mistake. I'm just dying to catch a conservative who backed Bush and the GOP agenda the last 8 years to tell me that they like Hagel. Damn it!

But I'm starting to not like Libertarian & Conservative views either. The sort of every man for himself mentality.

Yes more Americans need to take responsibility for themselves, but I get the feeling this montra is being used by the right just like jobs American's won't do was used. Or support the troops. Or Patriot Act. Or Entitlements.

In other words we are at fault for this economic crisis. Or, if we got hurt by this economic crisis, it's our fault and we need to take responsibility.

When the fact is, this economic crisis was the result of GOP policies/acts/bills/deregulations/appointments/decisions.

So while I comment Hagel & Dr. Paul for being different and better than the standard GOP conservatives, I still don't support their causes.

Except the part about the Federal Reserve being an illegal operation and doing away with it. And impeaching Bush too. Those two things I agree with. Everything else, not so much. I mean, I agree with people taking personal responsibility, but I think we already do.

In other words, we are not the root of the problem. And to say that the Dems have to "share" blame is obscene. The GOP need to take the hit on this one. If not, then expect the same in 2012. You'll get another Bush like nominee. And that is unacceptable. The GOP has to change.

Right now we HOPE that the Democratic party has learned their lessons from the past. Hopefully they won't get corrupted as fast as the GOP did. It took the Dems decades to become corrupted. It took the GOP 1 year. LOL.

ROFLMAO, "wont GET corrupted"

too late bobo, they already are
the problem wasnt republicans acting like republicans, it was republicans acting like DEMOCRATS

ROFLMAO, "wont GET corrupted"

too late bobo, they already are
the problem wasnt republicans acting like republicans, it was republicans acting like DEMOCRATS

How charming. I tell you your party is corrupt and when it is proven, your comeback is to say they were acting like Democrats.

Boy, with thinking like that, you can't lose.

Very slick. So now any Republican who gets caught being dirty was just being liberal.

An illustrated guide to Republican scandals. - By Holly Allen, Christopher Beam, and Torie Bosch - Slate Magazine

How charming. I tell you your party is corrupt and when it is proven, your comeback is to say they were acting like Democrats.

Boy, with thinking like that, you can't lose.

Very slick. So now any Republican who gets caught being dirty was just being liberal.

An illustrated guide to Republican scandals. - By Holly Allen, Christopher Beam, and Torie Bosch - Slate Magazine
wow, you are becoming an even bigger moron than you were before
but, oh well, no one takes you serious here
lol

Seriously? I've no idea. I can't think of a single prominent Republican that is an actual conservative.

Colin Powell?

Maybe one of the SC justices? I like Roberts pretty well, though disagree with his decisions.

Colin Powell?

Maybe one of the SC justices? I like Roberts pretty well, though disagree with his decisions.

The only Conservative in the Republican Party who I can think of that is even close to what a Conservative should be is Chuck Hagel.

Colin Powell is a good choice though. I'm wondering if he is socially liberal though.

could you elaborate on Colin Powell's conservative credentials?

I can't....I don't know what a conservative is anymore....sorry. I thought Bush was a conservative but now his party says he's not. I thought McCain was a conservative but again his party says he's not. I heard Palin was a conservative but again I hear those within her party say she's not.... it's all so confusing

I'm just glad I know what a liberal is.... :lol:

I can't....I don't know what a conservative is anymore....sorry. I thought Bush was a conservative but now his party says he's not. I thought McCain was a conservative but again his party says he's not. I heard Palin was a conservative but again I hear those within her party say she's not.... it's all so confusing

I'm just glad I know what a liberal is.... :lol:
Bush was never a conservative
hes more of a moderate but had conservative views on the military and the need for a strong national defense
which made him more conservative than either Gore or Kerry
but that doesnt make him a conservative
Palin, however IS a conservative
and the ones in the GOP saying she isnt, are most likely not conservatives themselves

could you elaborate on Colin Powell's conservative credentials?

From Wikipedia:

A moderate Republican, Powell is well known for his willingness to support liberal or centrist causes.[45] He is pro-choice regarding abortion, and in favor of "reasonable" gun control.[45] He stated in his autobiography that he supports affirmative action that levels the playing field, without giving a leg up to undeserving persons because of racial issues. Powell was also instrumental in the implementation of the military's Don't ask, don't tell policy.[45]

The Vietnam War had a profound effect on Powell's views of the proper use of military force. These views are described in detail in the autobiography My American Journey. The Powell Doctrine, as the views became known, was a central component of US policy in the Gulf War (the first U.S. war in Iraq) and U.S. invasion of Afghanistan (the overthrow of the Taliban regime in Afghanistan following the events of 9/11). The hallmark of both operations was strong international cooperation, and the use of overwhelming military force.

Powell was the subject of controversy in 2004 when, in a conversation with British Foreign Secretary, Jack Straw, he reportedly referred to neoconservatives within the Bush administration as "fucking crazies."[46] In addition to being reported in the press (though generally, the expletive was censored in the U.S. press), the quote was used by James Naughtie in his book, The Accidental American: Tony Blair and the Presidency, and by Chris Patten in his book, Cousins and Strangers: America, Britain, and Europe in a New Century.

In a letter to Sen. John McCain, General Powell expressed opposition to President Bush's push for military tribunals of those formerly and currently classified as enemy combatants. Specifically, he expressed concern of Bush's plan to "amend the interpretation of Article III of the Geneva Conventions." He also pointed out that perception of the War on Terror may be losing moral support saying, "The world is beginning to doubt the moral basis of our fight against terrorism."[47]

In an interview in July 2007, Powell revealed that he had spent two and a half hours trying to persuade George W. Bush not to invade Iraq but that he did not prevail. At the Aspen Ideas Festival in Colorado[48] Powell stated, "I tried to avoid this war. I took him [Bush] through the consequences of going into an Arab country and becoming the occupiers."[49]

Powell went on to say that he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war. "The civil war will ultimately be resolved by a test of arms. It's not going to be pretty to watch, but I don't know any way to avoid it. It is happening now." He further noted, "It is not a civil war that can be put down or solved by the armed forces of the United States," and suggested that all the U.S. military could do was put "a heavier lid on this pot of boiling sectarian stew."[50]

Powell donated the maximum amount to John McCain's campaign in the summer of 2007 [51] and in early 2008, his name was listed as a possible running mate for Republican nominee McCain's bid during the 2008 U.S. presidential election.[52] However, on October 19, 2008, Powell announced his endorsement of Barack Obama during a Meet the Press interview, citing "his ability to inspire, because of the inclusive nature of his campaign, because he is reaching out all across America, because of who he is and his rhetorical abilities," in addition to his "style and substance." He additionally referred to Obama as a "transformational figure."[53][54] Powell further questioned Senator John McCain's judgment in appointing Sarah Palin as the vice presidential candidate, stating that despite the fact that she is admired, "now that we have had a chance to watch her for some seven weeks, I don't believe she's ready to be president of the United States, which is the job of the vice president." He pointed out how he thought Barack Obama's choice for vice-president, Joe Biden was ready to be president. He also added that he was "troubled" by the "false intimations that Obama was Muslim." Powell stated that "[Obama] is a Christian — he's always been a Christian...," and continued, "But the really right answer is, what if he is? Is there something wrong with being a Muslim in this country? The answer's no, that's not America." Powell then referenced Kareem Rashad Sultan Khan, a Muslim American soldier in the U.S. Army who served and died in the Iraq War. He later stated, "Over the last seven weeks, the approach of the Republican Party has become narrower and narrower [...] I look at these kind of approaches to the campaign, and they trouble me." [53][54] Powell concluded his Sunday morning talk show comments, "It isn't easy for me to disappoint Sen. McCain in the way that I have this morning, and I regret that [...] I think we need a transformational figure. I think we need a president who is a generational change and that's why I'm supporting Barack Obama, not out of any lack of respect or admiration for Sen. John McCain."[55] Later in a December 12, 2008 CNN interview with Fareed Zakaria, Powell reiterated his belief that during the last few months of the campaign, Sarah Palin pushed the Republican party more to the right and had a polarizing impact on it

Bush was never a conservative
hes more of a moderate but had conservative views on the military and the need for a strong national defense
which made him more conservative than either Gore or Kerry
but that doesnt make him a conservative
Palin, however IS a conservative
and the ones in the GOP saying she isnt, are most likely not conservatives themselves

So you're saying Palin is a conservative. Then you say JFK is a conservative today.

Really Dive, for everyone here: stop smoking crack.

yes, some do
i dont expect a moron like YOU to
so you can fuck off like that fucking moron bobo

Republicans want to share blame but never credit

Democrats are asked to share responsibility for invading Iraq and torture but get no credit for capturing Saddam?

We take blame for the economy crashing but do not get credit for all the corporate profits earned from 2003 to 2006?

Do we get credit for tearing down the Berlin wall and winning the Cold War?

Forum List

Back