What Obama promised Biden

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WillowTree, Dec 22, 2008.

1. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,775
    CNN) -- Before he accepted Barack Obama's offer to join his presidential ticket, Joe Biden got a promise from Obama: that he would be there for "every critical decision," Biden said in an interview broadcast Sunday.

Vice President-elect Joe Biden will chair a new task force aimed at helping working families.

Speaking to ABC's "This Week," Biden said he believes the vice president's role is to provide "the best, sagest, most accurate, most insightful advice and recommendations he or she can make to a president to help them make some of the very, very important decisions that have to be made."

When Obama talked to him about the vice-presidential slot, Biden recalled, "I said, 'I don't want to be picked unless you're picking me for my judgment. I don't want to be the guy that goes out and has a specific assignment. ... I want a commitment from you that in every important decision you'll make, every critical decision, economic and political, as well as foreign policy, I'll get to be in the room.'"

What Obama promised Biden - CNN.com

:lol::lol::lol:

2. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    ROFLMNAO!

Biden was selected because he's an imbecile and is maluable... Biden is the 21st century Algore... He'll shut up and do as he's told or he'll be laying next to Vince Foster and for the same reasons.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    What color would you like your tin Foil hat? :eusa_whistle:

4. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Oh ... So I'm crazy?

Well Ok... I suppose that's possible; but let's examine your argument.

Now it's clear from your quip that you feel my position is not reaosnable, which begs the question: WHAT ABOUT MY POSITION IS UNREASONABLE AND WHY?

(Now we can be certain that this imbecile will have absolutely no means to defend her now throughly discredited position... anyone care to place a wager? I'm offer 10,000:1 odds... NO LIMIT!)

5. alan1

alan1 USMB Mod Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,769
    Another snip from the article,

Interesting way to put things.
    Shouldn't the yardstick be to evaluate if everybody's economic success in life is getting better? What about the poor?

What if the "middle class" is growing because the rich are forced (downward) into the middle class? Is that a measure of success? Or would a better measure be the poor rising to middle class and the middle class rising to rich?

6. Lycurgus

Lycurgus Who is Obama, really...??

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258

LOL .............. Biden in the broom closet.

I love it.

7. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Well first you're saying that Joe Biden could end up the same way as Vince Foster. Which is amazing because you're quick to assume that Obama is somehow the Clintons or that the Clintons had Vince killed. But the second anyone brings up your hero Bush on a bad light, you scream bloody murder.

Joe Biden is not an imbecile or malleable (I assume you spelled the word wrong).

1.) Can you prove that Joe Biden can be controlled or shaped from outside forces? If so, which forces and why?

2.) Are you calling a man who has been a senator for 35 years an imbecile? That is not only an insult upon the people of Delaware but the American people just because you simply disagree with his policies.

3.) In high school, he participated in an anti-segregation sit-in at a local theater. He attended the University of Delaware and got a bachelor of arts (double major) in history and political science. He may of ranked 506th of 688 but any republican finding flaws in that is a hypocrite for then supporting John McCain.

4.) He has received his JD from Syracuse University College of Law. He was then later on admitted to the Delaware bar. He has gone through adversity and overcame a stuttering problem by himself.

5.) He gone through his wife and one year old daughter being killed in a car wreck with his two sons being injured. Such a thing would of broke weaker men. In fact, he does not go into work on December 18 of each year which is the anniversary of the accident.

6.) He's survived a brain aneursym and has served on many committee chairs.

In this congress alone (thanks to wikipedia)

7.) He can hold his own on any talk show and did so throughout the election. How many sunday talk shows that were unscripted did Sarah Palin go on?

Sure, the man says a few silly things at times but it's nothing huge. Besides, I rather see a man like Biden who is unscripted and talks honestly to people. That is why he has done so well in office throughout his career and with the American people. Because he is just like us, he has his flubs and he's not perfect.

However, you seem to expect perfection out of your candidates but tend to forget they are just human beings. I'm sure you've made flubs in your life, does that make you any less of a person? An idiot? No it doesn't.

He who is without sin may cast the first stone. So put down the stones and start acting like loyal opposition instead of just plain angry opposition.

8. Lycurgus

Lycurgus Who is Obama, really...??

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Willow, it won't let me Rep you, but, thanks, that made my night!

9. alan1

alan1 USMB Mod Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,769
    You can rep me instead then, Willow won't mind.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  10. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,418
    No, I would not say that you are certifiably insane. A bit of a fruitcake, but not certifiable.