What Obama promised Biden

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
CNN) -- Before he accepted Barack Obama's offer to join his presidential ticket, Joe Biden got a promise from Obama: that he would be there for "every critical decision," Biden said in an interview broadcast Sunday.

Vice President-elect Joe Biden will chair a new task force aimed at helping working families.

Speaking to ABC's "This Week," Biden said he believes the vice president's role is to provide "the best, sagest, most accurate, most insightful advice and recommendations he or she can make to a president to help them make some of the very, very important decisions that have to be made."

When Obama talked to him about the vice-presidential slot, Biden recalled, "I said, 'I don't want to be picked unless you're picking me for my judgment. I don't want to be the guy that goes out and has a specific assignment. ... I want a commitment from you that in every important decision you'll make, every critical decision, economic and political, as well as foreign policy, I'll get to be in the room.'"

What Obama promised Biden - CNN.com

:lol::lol::lol:

ROFLMNAO!

Biden was selected because he's an imbecile and is maluable... Biden is the 21st century Algore... He'll shut up and do as he's told or he'll be laying next to Vince Foster and for the same reasons.

ROFLMNAO!

Biden was selected because he's an imbecile and is maluable... Biden is the 21st century Algore... He'll shut up and do as he's told or he'll be laying next to Vince Foster and for the same reasons.

What color would you like your tin Foil hat? :eusa_whistle:

What color would you like your tin Foil hat? :eusa_whistle:

Oh ... So I'm crazy?

Well Ok... I suppose that's possible; but let's examine your argument.

Now it's clear from your quip that you feel my position is not reaosnable, which begs the question: WHAT ABOUT MY POSITION IS UNREASONABLE AND WHY?

(Now we can be certain that this imbecile will have absolutely no means to defend her now throughly discredited position... anyone care to place a wager? I'm offer 10,000:1 odds... NO LIMIT!)

Another snip from the article,

The one thing that we use as a yardstick of economic success of our administration: Is the middle class growing? Is the middle class getting better?

Interesting way to put things.
Shouldn't the yardstick be to evaluate if everybody's economic success in life is getting better? What about the poor?

What if the "middle class" is growing because the rich are forced (downward) into the middle class? Is that a measure of success? Or would a better measure be the poor rising to middle class and the middle class rising to rich?

CNN) -- Before he accepted Barack Obama's offer to join his presidential ticket, Joe Biden got a promise from Obama: that he would be there for "every critical decision," Biden said in an interview broadcast Sunday.

Vice President-elect Joe Biden will chair a new task force aimed at helping working families.

Speaking to ABC's "This Week," Biden said he believes the vice president's role is to provide "the best, sagest, most accurate, most insightful advice and recommendations he or she can make to a president to help them make some of the very, very important decisions that have to be made."

When Obama talked to him about the vice-presidential slot, Biden recalled, "I said, 'I don't want to be picked unless you're picking me for my judgment. I don't want to be the guy that goes out and has a specific assignment. ... I want a commitment from you that in every important decision you'll make, every critical decision, economic and political, as well as foreign policy, I'll get to be in the room.'"

What Obama promised Biden - CNN.com

:lol::lol::lol:

LOL .............. Biden in the broom closet.

I love it.

Oh ... So I'm crazy?

Now it's clear from your quip that you feel my position is not reaosnable, which begs the question: WHAT ABOUT MY POSITION IS UNREASONABLE AND WHY?

(Now we can be certain that this imbecile will have absolutely no means to defend her now throughly discredited position... anyone care to place a wager? I'm offer 10,000:1 odds... NO LIMIT!)

Well first you're saying that Joe Biden could end up the same way as Vince Foster. Which is amazing because you're quick to assume that Obama is somehow the Clintons or that the Clintons had Vince killed. But the second anyone brings up your hero Bush on a bad light, you scream bloody murder.

Joe Biden is not an imbecile or malleable (I assume you spelled the word wrong).

1.) Can you prove that Joe Biden can be controlled or shaped from outside forces? If so, which forces and why?

2.) Are you calling a man who has been a senator for 35 years an imbecile? That is not only an insult upon the people of Delaware but the American people just because you simply disagree with his policies.

3.) In high school, he participated in an anti-segregation sit-in at a local theater. He attended the University of Delaware and got a bachelor of arts (double major) in history and political science. He may of ranked 506th of 688 but any republican finding flaws in that is a hypocrite for then supporting John McCain.

4.) He has received his JD from Syracuse University College of Law. He was then later on admitted to the Delaware bar. He has gone through adversity and overcame a stuttering problem by himself.

5.) He gone through his wife and one year old daughter being killed in a car wreck with his two sons being injured. Such a thing would of broke weaker men. In fact, he does not go into work on December 18 of each year which is the anniversary of the accident.

6.) He's survived a brain aneursym and has served on many committee chairs.

In this congress alone (thanks to wikipedia)

Committee on Foreign Relations (chairman)
As chairman of the full committee Biden is an ex officio member of each subcommittee.
Committee on the Judiciary:
Subcommittee on Antitrust Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
Subcommittee on Crime and Drugs (chairman)
Subcommittee on Human Rights and the Law
Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security, and Refugees
Subcommittee on Technology Terrorism and Homeland Security
Caucus on International Narcotics Control (co-chairman)

7.) He can hold his own on any talk show and did so throughout the election. How many sunday talk shows that were unscripted did Sarah Palin go on?

Sure, the man says a few silly things at times but it's nothing huge. Besides, I rather see a man like Biden who is unscripted and talks honestly to people. That is why he has done so well in office throughout his career and with the American people. Because he is just like us, he has his flubs and he's not perfect.

However, you seem to expect perfection out of your candidates but tend to forget they are just human beings. I'm sure you've made flubs in your life, does that make you any less of a person? An idiot? No it doesn't.

He who is without sin may cast the first stone. So put down the stones and start acting like loyal opposition instead of just plain angry opposition.

Oh ... So I'm crazy?

No, I would not say that you are certifiably insane. A bit of a fruitcake, but not certifiable.

Another snip from the article,

Interesting way to put things.
Shouldn't the yardstick be to evaluate if everybody's economic success in life is getting better? What about the poor?

What if the "middle class" is growing because the rich are forced (downward) into the middle class? Is that a measure of success? Or would a better measure be the poor rising to middle class and the middle class rising to rich?

The number of people living in poverty has grown substantially in recent years.

The number of wealthy has shrunk, but those who are wealthy are much more so than they used to be.

In other words we have a few shit-assed rich folks and a whole lot of poor folks.

There is no middle.

An increase in the middle class has to come from people moving out of poverty.

Last edited:

The number of wealthy has shrunk, but those who are wealthy are much more so than they used to be.

In other words we have a few shit-assed rich folks and a whole lot of poor folks.

There is no middle.

Your right.

The question now is, how do they move into the middle class?

Do they do it on their own merits?

Or do they do it because of someone else's?

Your right.

The question now is, how do they move into the middle class?

Do they do it on their own merits?

Or do they do it because of someone else's?

Well, what was it that led the middle class to shrink?

I assume, and could be wrong, that that might give us a clue as to how they will move out again.

first give me a dollar value for the middle class in this country. Unless you are willing to define what you are talking about when you say middle class we have no way to verify whether it is shrinking or growing.

The number of people below the poverty line has increased largely because of the sieve that is our southern border.

Last edited:
Well first you're saying that Joe Biden could end up the same way as Vince Foster. Which is amazing because you're quick to assume that Obama is somehow the Clintons or that the Clintons had Vince killed. But the second anyone brings up your hero Bush on a bad light, you scream bloody murder.

WOW! that is a FLAMING Non sequitur! Congrats!

First... Hussein made his bones on the back of a TERRORIST in one of the most NOTORIOUS of corrupt political machines on EARTH... No chance of foul play there.

Hussein destroyed the Clintons... so what are the odds that he's worse? He's managed to get elected to the office of the President of the US while his status as a natural born citizen remains unestablished; he was raised Muslim, but now projects himself as a Christian, with a history of a 20 year membership in a Church that advanced it highest award to THE NATION OF ISLAM! and did I mention... THIS IS A MUSLIM MARXIST THAT MADE HIS CAREER ON THE BACK OF A TERRORIST EVEN AS THE US IS PRESENTLY AT WAR WITH MARXIST MUSLIM TERRORISTS!

Nothing nefarious there...

Joe Biden is not an imbecile or malleable

Really? So Joe Biden the plagerist... Joe Biden the guy that spent MONTHS telling the nation how UNFIT FOR DUTY Hussein was... SUDDENLY becomes a proponent of Hussein and you don't see any 'flexibility' in that? Well I suppose that says more about you than Mr. Manageable...

1.) Can you prove that Joe Biden can be controlled or shaped from outside forces? If so, which forces and why?

Sure...

So Joe Biden the plagerist... Joe Biden the guy that spent MONTHS telling the nation how UNFIT FOR DUTY Hussein was... SUDDENLY becomes a proponent of Hussein and you don't see any 'flexibility' in that? Well I suppose that says more about you than Mr. Manageable...

Anything else?

2.) Are you calling a man who has been a senator for 35 years an imbecile?

No.. I'm not 'calling' Jo Biden an imbecile... I'm encouraging you to help me prove it.

That is not only an insult upon the people of Delaware but the American people just because you simply disagree with his policies.

Let the record reflect that ANYONE who has EVER voted for Joe Biden is an IMBECILE... with an exceptionally high potential for subversion.

3.) In high school, he participated in an anti-segregation sit-in at a local theater.

I'm not suprised... many imbeciles did and most were in the theater club.

4.) He has received his JD from Syracuse University College of Law.
The last attorney I fired was a Notre Dame grad... Are you trying to build some argument wherein a diploma is a sign of intellectual means?

ROFLMNAO... Leftists...

5.) He gone through his wife and one year old daughter being killed in a car wreck with his two sons being injured. Such a thing would of broke weaker men. In fact, he does not go into work on December 18 of each year which is the anniversary of the accident.

That's a sad story... I imagine many an imbecile could top it. I expect that you couldn't throw a dead cat in El Salvadore without hitting a topper.

6.) He's survived a brain aneursym and has served on many committee chairs.

WOW... And this you're advancing as evidence that Biden's NOT a cognitive deficient?

In this congress alone (thanks to wikipedia)
No doubt... few imbeciles will get through an argument without a Wiki-source; clearly you've never engaged in formal debate.

7.) He can hold his own on any talk show and did so throughout the election. How many sunday talk shows that were unscripted did Sarah Palin go on?

This is like your 4th non sequitur, but its noteworthy for it being SO off the hook. First, Biden skewered Hussein half a dozen times in interview after interview, until they eventually just refused to let the moron speak...

Secondly Sarah Palin has absolutely NOTHING to do with this issue...

Sure, the man says a few silly things at times but it's nothing huge. Besides, I rather see a man like Biden who is unscripted and talks honestly to people. That is why he has done so well in office throughout his career and with the American people. Because he is just like us, he has his flubs and he's not perfect.

Well you're an imbecile and it serves reason that you'd 'rather see' imbeciles... great evidence... sadly not for YOU... but great evidence nonetheless.

However, you seem to expect perfection out of your candidates but tend to forget they are just human beings.
Unfounded nonsense... and wholly irrelevant.

He who is without sin may cast the first stone. So put down the stones and start acting like loyal opposition instead of just plain angry opposition.

I am the loyal opposition... to GW Bush. Against the left however, there is no loyalty. You people aren't Americans; you're the enemy of this country sis and no less so than the terrorists. You JUST ELECTED A MARXIST MUSLIM WITH CLOSE TIES TO AN ANTI-AMERICAN TERRORIST, A MAN WHO MADE HIS POLITICAL CAREER ON THE BACK OF A TERRORISTS THAT BOMBED THE PENTAGON! THIS JUST SEVEN YEARS AFTER MUSLIM MARXISTS BOMBED THE PENTAGON; EVEN AS THE US IS AT WAR WITH MUSLIM MARXIST TERRORISTS!

Of course, such a person would need an imbecile VP and for that role, HUSSEIN CHOSE JOE BIDEN.

Its surreal... Seven years ago, the US was attacked by OSAMA and went to war to remove PresidentHUSSEIN... AND THE NEXT PRESIDENT THE DEMOCRATS ELECT IS HUSSEIN OBAMA! And JOE BIDEN IS HIS VP!

Last edited:
Working from the OP article:

From CNN 21 December 2008
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice President-elect Joe Biden will chair a new task force aimed at helping working families. ...Biden will have a specific assignment as the new administration gets under way, however. Come Inauguration Day, he will be the working families czar, so to speak. On Sunday, Obama's transition team announced the new "White House Task Force on Working Families" — a major initiative targeted at "raising the living standards of middle-class, working families in America." ..."The one thing that we use as a yardstick of economic success of our administration: Is the middle class growing? Is the middle class getting better? Is the middle class no longer being left behind? And we'll look at everything from college affordability to after-school programs, the things that affect people's daily lives. I will be the guy honchoing that policy," he said.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having Biden as Working Families Czar does not bode well for working families. As Senator, Biden voted for the most egregious of the free trade agreements: NAFTA, GATT, and the China free trade agreement, all which have brought America's economy to its knees. And they are going to look after: "Is the middle class growing? Is the middle class getting better?" Give me a break...

There is no middle.

The percentage of people living in poverty hasn't changed much at all in the last 40 years.

Attachments

• $Poverty Stats.gif
    $Poverty Stats.gif
    31.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
ROFLMNAO!

Oh ... So I'm crazy?

I don't agree with your assessment. What is not reasonable about your position is Biden is neither an imbecile, nor maluable. He's rather infamous for NOT shutting up and doing as he's told.

I don't agree with quite a few of Biden's stances on issues; however, I DO agree with his stated demand. The VP should be in on every critical decision the President makes and it's absurd for anyone to think otherwise. He's runner up and for continuity's sake should something happen to Obama, he needs to be in the know.

I don't agree with your assessment. What is not reasonable about your position is Biden is neither an imbecile, nor maluable. He's rather infamous for NOT shutting up and doing as he's told.

I don't agree with quite a few of Biden's stances on issues; however, I DO agree with his stated demand. The VP should be in on every critical decision the President makes and it's absurd for anyone to think otherwise. He's runner up and for continuity's sake should something happen to Obama, he needs to be in the know.

:clap2:

We've had plenty of past presidents who have kept their VPs in the dark, which isn't good for the Administration or America. Besides, as already stated, Joe Biden has many years of experience in a vary of topics including foreign policy.

Forum List

Back