Conservative Activist Sends Racist Obama Picture

So it's ok to call a white man a monkey, but not ok to call two black men monkeys, it that it?

Pretty much ... you can call anyone names ... unless they are black.

BS, calling someone a monkey is not a simple case of name calling, those are racial slurs and again this type of racist name calling was created an perpetuated by racist whites so deal with the fruit of the racist crap that was sown years ago.

Right. And I refuse to take responsibility for something that happened 50 years ago. Sorry.

It isn't but that doesn't mean it hasn't carried over to this generation.

Calling a black person a monkey isn't a benign, run of the mill insult.

It's racist.

I understand that some might see it as a double standard but this isn't a perfect world we live in.

Actually, I didn't know there was a racial background to that until about 10 minutes ago.

yeah sure, you make yourself very believeable, :rolleyes: what kind of hole have you been living in?

One which you should have been living in as well. I didn't know it was once a racist term because I never cared about race. ;)

So it's ok to call a white man a monkey, but not ok to call two black men monkeys, it that it?

Has "monkey" been historically used as a racial slur towards whites?

This is where the problem arises. Racism won't end until both side just stop calling it racism. The simplest way to end racism is for everyone to stop caring about the traits ... but that won't happen. Prejudice is ingrained in both sides.

So racism will end when both sides stay quiet, let racist acts pass without stating anything, and pretending it doesn't exist?

This is where the problem arises. Racism won't end until both side just stop calling it racism. The simplest way to end racism is for everyone to stop caring about the traits ... but that won't happen. Prejudice is ingrained in both sides.

So racism will end when both sides stay quiet, let racist acts pass without stating anything, and pretending it doesn't exist?

You mean like when you pretended Jeremiah Wright wasn't racist?

But most of what you have called racism is not. That's the problem. You assume it is when it's a white person against a black person without actually finding out what that person's true thoughts are.

But most of what you have called racism is not. That's the problem. You assume it is when it's a white person against a black person without actually finding out what that person's true thoughts are.

So a white cop calling Gates a banana eating jungle monkey is not racist and is a case of blacks calling racism when it really wasn't racism? LMAO!

You mean like when you pretended Jeremiah Wright wasn't racist?

Point out where he was racist.

Pretty much ... you can call anyone names ... unless they are black.

BS, calling someone a monkey is not a simple case of name calling, those are racial slurs and again this type of racist name calling was created an perpetuated by racist whites so deal with the fruit of the racist crap that was sown years ago.

Right. And I refuse to take responsibility for something that happened 50 years ago. Sorry.

The racist crap perpetuated by whites years ago are responsible for the race problems that exist today and guess who benefitting from them and fighting to maintain that racist status quo?

So a white cop calling Gates a banana eating jungle monkey is not racist and is a case of blacks calling racism when it really wasn't racism? LMAO!

You are clearly missing the point, and no, I did not notice that part of the story ... however no, it doesn't mean it is. A lot of people in my area used that as a "faux" insult a lot while I was growing up, it meant someone who goofs off too much to us, and to me it will continue to mean that, I will not change my world into a dark place just because others want to make their's dark.

Actually, yes. That is the only solution that has been shown to work. When people are seeking something they will find it everywhere, even when it isn't there. Which results in a lot of "hearts being called spades" and only a few actual spades are called out. When you stop looking for it, it does actually go away eventually. Now this technique doesn't work with very many aspects in life, but it does with some human behaviors, and racism is one. When you have racism as a constant thought, anything can look racist, when you don't then nothing offends you. When you are not offended by racism then it loses it's power, it's strength is in the ability to offend.

I'm not constantly looking for racism but I do encounter it fairly frequently.

More often than not I let it slide but that's not to say I'm thinking to myself, "Man, that was some racist shit."

You can actively seek it subconsciously, it's common when one person is somehow made over sensitive to something they don't like. As I said, I don't see anything as racist unless someone points it out to me, simply because I have no fear or sensitivity to it, so my mind doesn't recognize it. Also, most terms people are calling racist on here are new to me, almost all of it. I see some racist contentions, but it takes me a bit to realize it, when I first read it I just see someone who is ignorant. Often though ignorance is mistaken for racism, I know of a few posters here who have been accused of such but are just plain ignorant, the easy sign is when faced with opposing facts they often respond with well worded questions instead of blatant insults.

From the time I have been on here, much of the racism that is true racism comes from people who seem to feel slighted for one reason or another, just like the gay bashers and religion bashers. One or a few of a particular group mistreats them and they never give anyone else of that group a chance to show otherwise. These are ignorant people, not truly racist, they are prejudice simply because they don't know any better.

So the victims of racist acts are the true racists and not the actual perpetrators, right? Great logic.

Actually, yes. That is the only solution that has been shown to work. When people are seeking something they will find it everywhere, even when it isn't there. Which results in a lot of "hearts being called spades" and only a few actual spades are called out. When you stop looking for it, it does actually go away eventually. Now this technique doesn't work with very many aspects in life, but it does with some human behaviors, and racism is one. When you have racism as a constant thought, anything can look racist, when you don't then nothing offends you. When you are not offended by racism then it loses it's power, it's strength is in the ability to offend.

I'm not constantly looking for racism but I do encounter it fairly frequently.

More often than not I let it slide but that's not to say I'm thinking to myself, "Man, that was some racist shit."

You can actively seek it subconsciously, it's common when one person is somehow made over sensitive to something they don't like. As I said, I don't see anything as racist unless someone points it out to me, simply because I have no fear or sensitivity to it, so my mind doesn't recognize it. Also, most terms people are calling racist on here are new to me, almost all of it. I see some racist contentions, but it takes me a bit to realize it, when I first read it I just see someone who is ignorant. Often though ignorance is mistaken for racism, I know of a few posters here who have been accused of such but are just plain ignorant, the easy sign is when faced with opposing facts they often respond with well worded questions instead of blatant insults.

From the time I have been on here, much of the racism that is true racism comes from people who seem to feel slighted for one reason or another, just like the gay bashers and religion bashers. One or a few of a particular group mistreats them and they never give anyone else of that group a chance to show otherwise. These are ignorant people, not truly racist, they are prejudice simply because they don't know any better.

It seems like you and I have lived completely different experiences with regards to racism.

Ignorance can certainly lead to racism but I've heard plenty of intelligent, successful people make flat out racist remarks.

I assure that ignoring it doesn't make it go away.

The racist crap perpetuated by whites years ago are responsible for the race problems that exist today and guess who benefitting from them and fighting to maintain that racist status quo?

See, what you posted there is pure prejudice, you are blaming others from another generation for the actions of a previous one even though you have been shown that the two are distinct. You are denying responsibility for the actions of one group for something that was in the past.

Keep perpetuating the racism in the country. You're doing a great job. Well done. Take a bow.

You are clearly missing the point, and no, I did not notice that part of the story ... however no, it doesn't mean it is. A lot of people in my area used that as a "faux" insult a lot while I was growing up, it meant someone who goofs off too much to us, and to me it will continue to mean that, I will not change my world into a dark place just because others want to make their's dark.

You are stupid and deranged and the Bass isn't going to waste his time replying to you any longer because you thick skull lacks the ability to perceive reality. You call the Bass a racist but say that a white cop calling Gates a banana eating jungle monkey isn't racist, that about sums up the mental capacity of who the Bass is dealing with.

Keep perpetuating the racism in the country. You're doing a great job. Well done. Take a bow.

He won't get it, because he is refusing to understand the reality of what he is doing.

You are stupid and deranged and the Bass isn't going to waste his time replying to you any longer because you thick skull lacks the ability to perceive reality. You call the Bass a racist but say that a white cop calling Gates a banana eating jungle monkey isn't racist, that about sums up the mental capacity of who the Bass is dealing with.

Well, Gates was acting like a fool ... which is what I picture a "banana eating jungle monkey" would look like. But it is your mental capability that is lacking, you ignore logic for your own prejudice.

Forum List

Back