Congress Just Made It Officially Legal To Kill Hibernating Bears

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
58e9435a16000021004d97d0.jpeg

The law rolls back Alaska’s ban on killing the vulnerable bears, along with wolf cubs in dens. It also allows for hunters to target the animals from helicopters.

Hunters in Alaska can now track and kill hibernating bears thanks to a U.S. House and Senate resolution rolling back Obama-era regulations against the practice.

President Donald Trump signed the bill into law on Monday, which rolled back Alaska’s ban on killing the vulnerable bears, along with wolf cubs in dens. It also allows for hunters to target the animals from helicopters.

The Republican-sponsored legislation impacts 76.8 million acres of federally protected national preserves across Alaska.

Sens. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) and Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska) took to the Senate floor last month to denounce the previous rule that the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issued in August.

Murkowski called it “bad for Alaska, bad for hunters, bad for our native peoples, bad for America,” and a “direct attack on states’ rights.”

In Sullivan’s argument, the lawmaker said the change was for Alaskans “who value hunting as a deep part of their culture.”

The Humane Society of the United States condemned the rollback.

More: Congress Just Made It Officially Legal To Kill Hibernating Bears

Kill hibernating bears? Kill wolf cubs in dens? Helicopters? That doesn't sound like hunting to me. It sounds like extermination. Does "fair chase" require too much effort these days?

Last edited:
Maybe the radical left doesn't understand the word "predator" as in predatory animals anymore than they understand the word "illegal" as in illegal aliens.

Hey, Lakhota's right (but then, so is a broken clock twice a day). It's like canned hunting. It's for people who can't hunt in the wilderness.

Trumps son killed a Triceratops, so who cares.

Killing ANY of God's creatures for "sport" tells me a great deal about the subhuman.
The fact that you gas bags get so worked up over things you know nothing about tells me a great deal.

Maybe the radical left doesn't understand the word "predator" as in predatory animals anymore than they understand the word "illegal" as in illegal aliens.

I understand that humans are the most dangerous and evil predators on the planet.

Actually this was an issue a few years back. Our local wolf pack started killing dogs in the neighborhood and crossed the line when they attacked a woman walking her dog behind my house and ate the golden out of his collar while she beat on them with sticks. We needed to kill that alpha, he was leading the pack into neighborhoods to prey on human pets. The feds wouldn't let us take him out humanely - a single shot from a plane - so instead we had to fuck around with laying traps that other animals and maybe even people might blunder into. Thankfully we did kill him, and a few others of the pack that probably didn't need to die but for them stepping into the trap first... Just sayin'

FYI this recent article has a mention of it, as well as the latest (most likely pups from that bad alpha we had to kill) - Wolf attacks dog north of Anchorage

I'll try to find others as well... Here's some more. These ones talk about the attacks in Eagle River and Fairbanks back in 07-08 (the one I mentioned was in 2011 I thought, but hell I might be wrong, this shit is fairly common up here, basically anytime there's not enough snow as the moose out run them or flat out don't migrate down from the mountains until later [after the pack's pups need feeding]) - Wolves Blamed in Two Eagle River Attacks Wolves Attack Joggers' Dogs on Fort Richardson Alaska Star - Archived Story

This is another case of ya'll non-Alaskan's not knowing what the fuck you're talking about. Shut up and manage your pavement jungles, we got this.

Last edited:

I understand that humans are the most dangerous and evil predators on the planet.

Republicans are dicks.

There can be no other explanation

Republicans are dicks.

There can be no other explanation

I'm sure many of us dream of killing sleeping bears and wolf pups - right? Machine-gunning them from helicopters really sounds like fun - right?

Why do you have to make up lies?

Forum List

Back