Bipartisan bill would reclassify marijuana as Schedule 3 substance

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Bipartisan legislation proposed in the House on Thursday would make marijuana a Schedule 3 drug, removing cannabis from its current standing as a Schedule 1 substance alongside deadly contraband including ecstasy and heroin.

By reclassifying weed in the same category as anabolic steroids, Congress would “make it easier for ill-patients and scientific and medical researchers to obtain marijuana,” the bill’s authors said in a statement Thursday.

On the heels of a bicameral effort to outright legalize weed offered a week earlier, Thursday’s proposal by freshmen Florida Reps. Matt Gaetz, a Republican, and Darren Soto, a Democrat, aims to roll back the federal government’s ongoing pot prohibition to a lesser extent by removing existing hurdles said to be hindering researchers’ ability to understand the plant’s potential benefits.

The federal government currently considers marijuana a Schedule 1 narcotic, a category prescribed to substances which “have no currently accepted medical use in the United States, a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision and a high potential for abuse.”

Nonetheless, 28 states and the nation’s capital have approved laws allowing for residents with certain conditions to be medically treated with marijuana.

By reclassifying marijuana as a Schedule 3 substance, the bipartisan duo from the Sunshine State intend to put weed in a category reserved for substances that “have a potential for abuse less than substances in Schedules I or II and abuse may lead to moderate or low physical dependence or high psychological dependence.”
Bipartisan bill would reclassify marijuana as Schedule 3 substance

You would think there would be some sort of celebrating.

Reclassify it any way you want. It will NEVER be legal on my property, in my vehicle or anywhere I have control of. If I find you in possession of it on my property....you'll disappear.

Reclassify it any way you want. It will NEVER be legal on my property, in my vehicle or anywhere I have control of. If I find you in possession of it on my property....you'll disappear.

What a crotchety olde man.

I don't use drugs.

I don't use drugs.

The fact that you support their legalization, or even the lowering of the criminality of it, puts,you on the side of the users in my mind.

I support decriminalization of smaller amounts and prison time for dealers and larger amounts. And........I don't give a damn what you think.

You are saying smoking marijuana is just horrible but you have no problem with murder.

And this equates to morals to you. Steve Bannon that you?

The atitude on weed is eerily similar to that of cigarettes back in the day. Pot is very bad for you and in 10 to 20 years from now that will be a recognized fact to the general public.

You are saying smoking marijuana is just horrible but you have no problem with murder.

And this equates to morals to you. Steve Bannon that you?

Murder requires a dead human being. Criminals and especially Moral criminals (like drug users) are not human beings.

Regardless of how one feels about it, marijuana is not heroin and should not be in the same classification.

Forum List

Back