Confirmed: Fracking responsible for earthquakes in Oklahoma

I think its safe to say that I've been through more earthquakes than our Geology PhD ( ROFL ) Rustballs and Staph combined. And...they aren't cool.

You can feel them when they are 3.0 magnitude. The geologist is full of shit.

I spent the first 50 years of my life in the Pacific Northwest. We have earthquakes regularly. I've experienced far more of them than either Rustballs and Staph Infection have as well. Know-it-alls rarely know much of anything.

Geology PhD ( ROFL )
Seriously. Too funny.

I think its safe to say that I've been through more earthquakes than our Geology PhD ( ROFL ) Rustballs and Staph combined. And...they aren't cool.

You can feel them when they are 3.0 magnitude. The geologist is full of shit.

I guess you can't read too well. I stated that they can be felt when they are a 3.0, go ahead and check I dare you. They also do no damage. Hell, a 3.8 will do damage. Get up to a 4.0 and you can get cracks in your plaster walls and if you are on quaternary alluvium you might even get some broken glass. And I will happily match up my experiences with yours any day of the week buckwheat. Unlike you I pull all of this info from MEMORY, you have to look it up.
So yeah, I am cool and you're a twit.:biggrin:

I suppose the people in Oklahoma are going to begin to care. And I wouldn't consider a 5.6 magnitude one so small that people can't even feel them. I bet if it was in your state, close to where you live, you might care.

The largest-ever recorded quake in Oklahoma was caused by the injection of wastewater, a byproduct of oil extraction, into the ground, new research confirms.

On Nov. 6, 2011, a series of earthquakes, including a 5.6-magnitude temblor, struck the rural town of Prague, about 37 miles (60 kilometers) east of Oklahoma City, crumbling homes in the area and damaging a federal highway. The quake could be felt as far away as Milwaukee.
Oil Extraction Causes Biggest Recorded Earthquake in Oklahoma

I've lived through several that were magnitude 7 or above. Homes that are built well have no problem with magnitude 6 or below. The issue is quakes do occur in the central US, but they are so uncommon that the building codes don't reflect their existence.

The New Madrid quakes back in 1812 (magnitude 8.2+) made the Mississippi river flow backwards for three days, and when another one of those hits it will lay waste to whichever region it hits.

You were lucky. I was in California during the 1994 earthquake and it was felt 60 miles north.....it was a tad over 6. I was up beyond Palmdale and it woke me up, our bed felt like it was swinging from side to side. It did a lot of damage in the area where it happened. I have a scrapbook on all the horrible damage that it caused. People were killed.

We have no guarantee that the quakes in Oklahoma will remain small. I'm sure the people in Oklahoma are rethinking this, as they were in denial for quite a while.

I was 400 yards from the epicenter of the Northridge quake staying with a friend when the quake hit. I quite literally woke up in midair. I was also present for the 1972 Sylmar quake (about a mile from the epicenter) and was living part time in the Bay Area when the Loma Prieta quake hit. Trust me. I probably have more experience with earthquakes than you ever will.

Wow! That's awesome. You are so cool!
He's so full of it you mean.

And yetg I know more about it than you ever will and have proven it on numerous occasions. So what does that make you ....sweetie?

I've lived through several that were magnitude 7 or above. Homes that are built well have no problem with magnitude 6 or below. The issue is quakes do occur in the central US, but they are so uncommon that the building codes don't reflect their existence.

The New Madrid quakes back in 1812 (magnitude 8.2+) made the Mississippi river flow backwards for three days, and when another one of those hits it will lay waste to whichever region it hits.

You were lucky. I was in California during the 1994 earthquake and it was felt 60 miles north.....it was a tad over 6. I was up beyond Palmdale and it woke me up, our bed felt like it was swinging from side to side. It did a lot of damage in the area where it happened. I have a scrapbook on all the horrible damage that it caused. People were killed.

We have no guarantee that the quakes in Oklahoma will remain small. I'm sure the people in Oklahoma are rethinking this, as they were in denial for quite a while.

I was 400 yards from the epicenter of the Northridge quake staying with a friend when the quake hit. I quite literally woke up in midair. I was also present for the 1972 Sylmar quake (about a mile from the epicenter) and was living part time in the Bay Area when the Loma Prieta quake hit. Trust me. I probably have more experience with earthquakes than you ever will.

And yetg I know more about it than you ever will and have proven it on numerous occasions. So what does that make you ....sweetie?

You have proven on uncounted occasions that you know about one tenth of what you pretend to know and about one tenth of what you claim about yourself is made up in your troubled little head.

You don't know more about earthquakes than I do. Have you lived for 50 years in an earthquake zone? You are FOS. You are a blowhard. Like the time you told me a person cannot walk around the South of France at night without being attacked by gangs of blacks and Muslims. You don't know anything about it. You are FOS. Period.

And your attempt to be demeaning toward me by repeatedly calling me sweetheart does not pass unnoticed. You prove yourself to be a deeply troubled male Chauvanist who cannot hold any debate with a woman without trying to demean her for being a woman. How pathetic you are. Disgusting POS that you are. Pathetic and more pathetic.

So, go play with yourself, Sweetie.

Last edited:

You don't know more about earthquakes than I do. You are FOS. You are a blowhard. Like the time you told me a person cannot walk around the South of France at night without being attacked by gangs of blacks and Muslims. You don't know anything about it. You are FOS. Period. And your attempt to be demeaning toward me by repeatedly calling me sweetheart does not pass unnoticed. You prove yourself to be a deeply troubled male Chauvanist who cannot hold any debate with a woman without trying to demean her for being a woman. How pathetic you are. Disgusting POS that you are. Pathetic and more pathetic.

Oh, yes I do. I have shown it in this thread. You ignore well known facts due to your pre-conceived opinion. And yes, I am totally disrespecting you, I'm glad you noticed because you deserve none.

You don't know more about earthquakes than I do. You are FOS. You are a blowhard. Like the time you told me a person cannot walk around the South of France at night without being attacked by gangs of blacks and Muslims. You don't know anything about it. You are FOS. Period. And your attempt to be demeaning toward me by repeatedly calling me sweetheart does not pass unnoticed. You prove yourself to be a deeply troubled male Chauvanist who cannot hold any debate with a woman without trying to demean her for being a woman. How pathetic you are. Disgusting POS that you are. Pathetic and more pathetic.

Oh, yes I do. I have shown it in this thread. You ignore well known facts due to your pre-conceived opinion. And yes, I am totally disrespecting you, I'm glad you noticed because you deserve none.
What kind of a mod are you to speak to people the way you do? You are the complete opposite of what a mod should be.

What kind of a mod are you to speak to people the way you do? You are the complete opposite of what a mod should be.

You get what you give sweetie. You accuse me of being a liar, and you disrespect me, so you can expect to get it back tenfold. I don't know which planet you come from, where you think you can heap abuse on someone and expect to not get shit back in return. What are you 12? This is the real world and there are people out there who are a lot tougher, a lot smarter, and a lot better educated than you are, such as myself. Get used to it.

You get what you give sweetie. You accuse me of being a liar, and you disrespect me, so you can expect to get it back tenfold. I don't know which planet you come from, where you think you can heap abuse on someone and expect to not get shit back in return. What are you 12? This is the real world and there are people out there who are a lot tougher, a lot smarter, and a lot better educated than you are, such as myself. Get used to it.
I come from a planet where mods don't behave the way you behave, "giving it back tenfold." You are despicable. People with power should not abuse that power. Period.

And btw, you are not better educated than I am. You are so FOS. You like to think you are smart and well educated, but your posting belies that claim.

Get used to it? Is that a threat? What a pathetic example of a mod you are.

I come from a planet where mods don't behave the way you behave, "giving it back tenfold." You are despicable. People with power should not abuse that power. Period.

And btw, you are not better educated than I am. You are so FOS. You like to think you are smart and well educated, but your posting belies that claim.

When I am posting in black I am not a Mod. I am a mere member of this Board. Only when I post in RED am I wearing my Mod hat. And once again, what makes you think you can heap abuse on people and not expect shit back? Do you think there's a sign on this forum that says the "customer is always right", well here's the deal, you're not the customer, you're a guest, just like me. And yes, I am most certainly far better educated than you. Based on your pathetic argument skills I have ZERO doubt of that. You argue like my 8 year old daughter, but she's better at it than you are!

Good grief. Please, quit while you are behind. This is pathetic.

You are just as bad as he is. You are the one who is pathetic. At least I can put you on ignore, where you deserve to be.

You are just as bad as he is. You are the one who is pathetic.

Are you going to add something useful to the discussion about fracking causing earthquakes, or are you going to just whine and snivel?

You are just as bad as he is. You are the one who is pathetic. At least I can put you on ignore, where you deserve to be.

Did you shake your fist at the heavens when you posted that?

tumblr_mg4az0cbv81qz8x31o1_400.gif

When I am posting in black I am not a Mod. I am a mere member of this Board. Only when I post in RED am I wearing my Mod hat. And once again, what makes you think you can heap abuse on people and not expect shit back? Do you think there's a sign on this forum that says the "customer is always right", well here's the deal, you're not the customer, you're a guest, just like me. And yes, I am most certainly far better educated than you. Based on your pathetic argument skills I have ZERO doubt of that. You argue like my 8 year old daughter, but she's better at it than you are!
The problem is, you are not worth using rhetorical skills on. You have none. You don't even know what they are. One thing they aren't is posting insults and lying your head off.

Are you going to add something useful to the discussion about fracking causing earthquakes, or are you going to just whine and snivel?
You are the one who has taken this thread off topic, not me. You claimed you knew all about earthquakes, more than others, and had more experience of them. You were taken to task about those claims and used abuse and threats as are response rather than a reasonable response. You can claim things until your head explodes, that does not mean they are truths or that anyone is going to believe you.

The problem is, you are not worth using rhetorical skills on. You have none. You don't even know what they are. One thing they aren't is posting insults and lying your head off.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, this is pot. Pot is a moron who thinks she can try and bluster her way out of an embarrassing confirmation of her lack of education. She also refuses to address the OP which is about fracking and how it causes earthquakes....something we geologists have known about for decades, but which these super smart silly people are only now figuring out and they are skeered. Skeered I tell you!

Just go away Esmerelda, you're way out of your depth.

You are the one who has taken this thread off topic, not me. You claimed you knew all about earthquakes, more than others, and had more experience of them. You were taken to task about those claims and used abuse and threats as are response rather than a reasonable response. You can claim things until your head explodes, that does not mean they are truths or that anyone is going to believe you.

Where was I taken to task for a statement I made? Where did I state something that wasn't a FACT. Be specific dearie. The board is watching.

Your behavior indicates you are way out of your depth. You are an insult to the other mods on this board and an insult to the board itself.

Forum List

Back