Condomns and Candy for Kintergarten Kids

THanks, I don't want teachers telling my 5 year old about sex. Nor do I think it's necessary to teach 5 year olds about sex in order to teach them about predators.

Once again, it's about sexualizing children.

There you go again Allie, making your generalizations that aren't true. Why do you do this? Somehow I gave you more credit than to spout the rightwing propaganda.

Here, read this:

A McCain-Palin campaign ad claims Obama's "one accomplishment" in the area of education was "legislation to teach 'comprehensive sex education' to kindergarteners." But the claim is simply false, and it dates back to Alan Keyes' failed race against Obama for an open Senate seat in 2004.

Obama, contrary to the ad's insinuation, does not support explicit sex education for kindergarteners. And the bill, which would have allowed only "age appropriate" material and a no-questions-asked opt-out policy for parents, was not his accomplishment to claim in any case, since he was not even a cosponsor – and the bill never left the state Senate.

In addition, the ad quotes unflattering assessments of the Illinois senator's record on education but leaves out sometimes equally harsh criticism directed at McCain in the same forums.

FactCheck.org: Off Base on Sex Ed

"Explicit sex education".

I didn't say I didn't want explicit sex education. I said I don't want sex education, period, because it has no place in the curriculum of a 5-year-old. And it doesn't, nor is it necessary to have "sex education" to protect children from predators.

That's as off-base as the "if we don't have abortions, all those babies will turn into criminals" argument. Abortions have nothing to do with criminality. And sex ed has nothing to do with teaching kids to avoid predators.

Sex education for a 5 year old teaches them to report inappropriate touching, especially from adults.

You seem to make an awful lot of extremely wild assumptions about what will be taught to children at which age.

Your statement that liberals protect child rapists is also plain ludicriuos. Are you drunk or what?:booze:

"Explicit sex education".

I didn't say I didn't want explicit sex education. I said I don't want sex education, period, because it has no place in the curriculum of a 5-year-old. And it doesn't, nor is it necessary to have "sex education" to protect children from predators.

That's as off-base as the "if we don't have abortions, all those babies will turn into criminals" argument. Abortions have nothing to do with criminality. And sex ed has nothing to do with teaching kids to avoid predators.

Yes Allie, IT IS Necessary for young children to know about predators and what good touch/bad touch is.

Have you ever had a young child come to you and tell you their big brother touches them "places" and even goes after their baby sister?

Have you ever had a little girl tell you her 'privates' are bleeding because of mommy's boyfriend?

Well, I have. They knew that I, as a teacher, was trustworthy and they could come to me. They learned that IN SCHOOL.

Yes Allie, IT IS Necessary for young children to know about predators and what good touch/bad touch is.

Have you ever had a young child come to you and tell you their big brother touches them "places" and even goes after their baby sister?

Have you ever had a little girl tell you her 'privates' are bleeding because of mommy's boyfriend?

Well, I have. They knew that I, as a teacher, was trustworthy and they could come to me. They learned that IN SCHOOL.

Actually, yes, I have, I've worked in juvenile detention and residential treatment. YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE SEX ED in order to teach 5 year olds about predators. Period.

Actually, yes, I have, I've worked in juvenile detention and residential treatment. YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE SEX ED in order to teach 5 year olds about predators. Period.

If it's left up to you it'll be the predators that teach the 5 year olds.

Sex education for a 5 year old teaches them to report inappropriate touching, especially from adults.

You seem to make an awful lot of extremely wild assumptions about what will be taught to children at which age.

Your statement that liberals protect child rapists is also plain ludicriuos. Are you drunk or what?:booze:

Where did you take your 5 year old for sex ed ?

Where did you take your 5 year old for sex ed ?

The private Catholic school that I send my sons to teaches age appropriate sex education starting in the kindergarten.

One of the reasons why private schools are worth it: Idiot conservatives keep blocking the modernization of the curriculum in public schools.

Private schools teach what is best for the kids which is usually alot more progressive than public schools. That's how they stay competitive.

If this were as simple as teaching 5 year olds how to recognize and report inappropriate touching etc... fine... revamp or "modernize" that all you want.... but do not be fooled by the extremist lefties in here... that is not all this curriculum entails.... much in the level 1 (which included the kindergartners) is wholly inappropriate

Where the libs here are failing in the argument is not in the wording of the bill BUT in the curriculum that is being supported...

http://www.siecus.org/_data/global/images/guidelines.pdf

Funny to have a unit on masturbation for a 5 year old before they are even required to be able to READ

Try and look at the whole picture, people....

Tell me specifically what page states that 5 year olds are taught about masturbation.

The private Catholic school that I send my sons to teaches age appropriate sex education starting in the kindergarten.

One of the reasons why private schools are worth it: Idiot conservatives keep blocking the modernization of the curriculum in public schools.

Private schools teach what is best for the kids which is usually alot more progressive than public schools. That's how they stay competitive.

Why didn't you teach them yourself ?

Too bad libs run the public school system and fight voucher proposals.

Nice smack-down to the wiki man. :clap2:

Not really since he must of appealed to the republicans in his area enough that they would vote him in.

Even Hiliary Clinton was in the Young Republicans back in College.

So really, it matters when you run for office which party you are. Once you run for office for that party, you are following that party's message and values.

Whoa nelly---you have high hopes that your boys are going to get accurate and scientific sex ed information at a private catholic school ?

Forum List

Back