Concealed Carry Permits Should be Treated Like Driver's Licenses

oh look; another gun lover without a clue or a Cause.
We know you hate the fact that, like all other anti-gun loons, you can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty -- but that's your problem, not ours.
if it were Only that, i would agree with you. unfortunately those of your point of view only have fallacy for your Cause and its effect is an appeal to ignorance of the law.
You have no idea what you're talking about, and you know it.

of course i have some clue and some Cause, and prove it everyday by advancing actual arguments instead of Only fallacy; unlike the Right.

CCW should not even exist, the 2nd amendment says so. Lowlife scum liberals use CCW and a web of unconstitutional laws to effectively strip us of our 2nd amendment rights. Just look at the scum liberal state's gun laws, their intent is to make exercising your 2nd amendment rights so costly and legally risky that you just surrender those rights.

We should just divide the country in half and let the liberal freaks live on their side of the fence.

so should weapons qualification for well regulated militia.
Oh look... "Well regulated militia" nonsense.

It's always something, isn't it? :)

Hell, I qualified on a range at every post I was ever stationed at, at every Embassy, at Fort Meade, At Bolling AFB, shoot, everywhere. I have been shooting since I was 6 years old - I think I can say, with some authority, that I KNOW how to shoot. Their argument is a little "bogus". :)

So you have experience with guns. Do you think everybody has that same experience? More importantly than knowing how to shoot a gun is knowing when to shoot a gun. Do you think everybody knows that? Do you think every one of the protesters in Ferguson or Baltimore should have been armed?

Like driver's licenses, there would have to be minimum standards. Some states have more stringent licensing requirements that others for vehicle permits do they not?
The difference in standards is obviously not enough for authorities in those states not to recognize each others' DLs.

And you're sure the difference in standards between CCW permits would also be so great? Can you give examples?
Yeah. In NYC you need to show good reason why you need a permit. There is a background check and you must list the firearm to be carried. The permit specifies the lmited areas you can carry. In Indiana you fill out a form, pay a small fee and carry pretty much whatever you want whenever and wherever.

Hmmmm, sounds like there needs to be minimum standards to put my ideal law into place. I guess that would be the price to pay if you wanted a CCW to be treated like a DL.

It sure does, however, back up my point that CCWs in no way should be treated like marriage licenses. Thanks!
It sounds like you are using permits as stalking horses for gay marriage. It also sounds like you dont know what the hell you're talking about.

Well, OK. Show me where "qualifying" exists in the second amendment.......tic - tock - tic -tock
wellness of regulation; our Founding Fathers were very non-ambiguous and really did think of every Thing.

Just "Big" enough to start a whole country......sounds fairly "big" to me....Look, I realize that your side is looking for tyranny. It won't happen in our lifetime sonny. Stick with legalizing weed. It's about all your side can handle right now... :)

We know you hate the fact that, like all other anti-gun loons, you can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty -- but that's your problem, not ours.
if it were Only that, i would agree with you. unfortunately those of your point of view only have fallacy for your Cause and its effect is an appeal to ignorance of the law.
You have no idea what you're talking about, and you know it.
of course i have some clue and some Cause, and prove it everyday by advancing actual arguments instead of Only fallacy; unlike the Right.
These word fall out of your mouth, and yet you prove repeatedly that you have no idea what they mean.

CCW should not even exist, the 2nd amendment says so. Lowlife scum liberals use CCW and a web of unconstitutional laws to effectively strip us of our 2nd amendment rights. Just look at the scum liberal state's gun laws, their intent is to make exercising your 2nd amendment rights so costly and legally risky that you just surrender those rights.

We should just divide the country in half and let the liberal freaks live on their side of the fence.
gun lovers are just a bunch of whiners; plants are less dangerous than guns.

Hell, I qualified on a range at every post I was ever stationed at, at every Embassy, at Fort Meade, At Bolling AFB, shoot, everywhere. I have been shooting since I was 6 years old - I think I can say, with some authority, that I KNOW how to shoot. Their argument is a little "bogus". :)
So you have experience with guns. Do you think everybody has that same experience? More importantly than knowing how to shoot a gun is knowing when to shoot a gun. Do you think everybody knows that? Do you think every one of the protesters in Ferguson or Baltimore should have been armed?
None of this is relevant to the point made here.

gun lovers are just a bunch of whiners; plants are less dangerous than guns.

You need us we don't need you losers.

None of this is relevant to the point made here.

Indeed. How many aren't qualified to throw rocks? Didn't stop them from doing that in Baltimore, now did it? These leftists always forget that murder has been around since the beginning of time. Doesn't take a gun to kill someone. It takes a murderous heart.

That would only work if all states were forced to follow the constitution and become "shall issue" CCW states. Until then the "may issue (really no issue) ones will hem and haw and sue to stop it from happening.

Right now I could get a CCW in Utah, but not in New York, and I don't even live in Utah.

{Sigh} Which is why my OP was about how I believe it should be, not how it is currently.

One of your premises is that a person has to switch to the CCW structure of a state they move to, and that is a no-go until all states become shall issue.

They can quibble on training and reasonable costs, but the fact that I am eligible in one state and not in the other, yet someone who has my exact qualifications in NY can get one because they know someone, or is a retired cop is a deal breaker.

That would only work if all states were forced to follow the constitution and become "shall issue" CCW states. Until then the "may issue (really no issue) ones will hem and haw and sue to stop it from happening.

Right now I could get a CCW in Utah, but not in New York, and I don't even live in Utah.

-Or- you could just move to Kansas where no license is required.......:eusa_drool:

Can't do that, extended family is in NY, and I don't feel I should have to move to exercise my rights.

Do you think states should be forced to accept same sex marriages from other states too?

Yes to both questions. But how about you address the OP instead of trying to derail it.

I wasn't asking you. I was answered by the person I addressed the question to and am satisfied with the answer I got.

It doesn't matter. If you are going to make a post it had better address the OP. Those are the rules.

That would erode the principle of states' rights and make the most lenient state dictate policy to more stringent states. Much as I believe in RKBA I dont believe in over riding people's folly.

If the states can agree on basic needs for a driver's license, they can agree on basic requirements for a CCW, and then quibble on the finer points.

The recognition of the CCW is so a person isn't arrested for felony gun possession when they legally own the weapon. If a state wants to require additional training and an endorsement on the CCW, that would be fine, but violating that would be a ticket and a fine, not a felony.

That would erode the principle of states' rights and make the most lenient state dictate policy to more stringent states. Much as I believe in RKBA I dont believe in over riding people's folly.

If the states can agree on basic needs for a driver's license, they can agree on basic requirements for a CCW, and then quibble on the finer points.

The recognition of the CCW is so a person isn't arrested for felony gun possession when they legally own the weapon. If a state wants to require additional training and an endorsement on the CCW, that would be fine, but violating that would be a ticket and a fine, not a felony.
You're speaking f what should be. I should be able to tke my firearm with me wherever I go in this country. I should be able to carry it loaded anywhere with very limited exceptions.
But that isnt the world we live in. States that want to restrict RKBA are legally within their powers to do so, depending on this restriction. And they are entitled to their folly and stupidity. There is a big difference between illegal andbad policy.

Since we're discussing the exercise of a right (as opposed to the exercise of the privilege granted by a DL)...

A state should be required to show that the CCW from another state does not meet the reasonable requirements for same -- that is, if a state has stricter requirements for its own CCW and it wants to not recognize the CCW from another state. it needs to show that the stronger standards are necessary to met a compelling state interest not covered by the lesser standards in that other state.

Forum List

Back