Inequality. Is it that bad?

Brian_1349

Mar 22, 2015
Do you believe we should do something about social inequality? I believe it is really necessary and it is necessary right now. The question is how we get to the point when middle class will be able to control the country once again, both American economy and political system.

income-inequality-2.png

Inequality isnt a big deal to those that dont face it. Thats why it can continue on and make the people with money believe that all their problems exist because of the poor

Is that a graph of democrat politician's wealth as compared to their constituents? Looks a little low to me.

Inequality isnt a big deal to those that dont face it. Thats why it can continue on and make the people with money believe that all their problems exist because of the poor

We all face inequality but differently. The poor grumble, the rich enjoy their privileges. You are right that politicians and their affiliated moneybags have no interest in improving regular American's situation. I believe at this point the democracy is too flawed to reverse the course of economic trends in this country.

The middle class will control this country again when we start electing them to office.

Whatev.... I'd like to see exactly why that is... it like saying the cause of poverty is lack of money.

My happiness does not depend on keeping up with the Jones. My needs are met and many of my wants are also met. If there are people that have 1000 times my wealth (and there are) I'm okay with that. There is more to life than wealth.

Inequality is a bad thing because it means most people can never really change their situation. Inequality means you don't afford an education and have no way up and out.

A really excellent is George W. Bush. If he had not been born to money, he would never have gotten the education he did, would not have had businesses and the presidency bought for him. Same with Donald Trump. Its only luck that he was born to so much wealth that he could be the incredibly poor businessman he is and still be rich.

Its very easy to say people should "pull themselves up by their bootstraps" but its rare that people can actually do that.

Even if you confiscated all the wealth of the richest Americans, it would only fund the Obama's vacation budget for 9 months.

Inequality will matter when people stop framing it as rich and poor and start looking at H1B visas that learn about the business and then open up shop overseas. They will give a damn when they stop outsourcing. They will give a damn when they are willing to look at Bill Gates. When they are willing to confront the issue of lowering wages via immigration.

They will give a damn when they start looking at the how they screwed the post office and education and stop blaming the unions for moving the manufacturing jobs. Those were the middle class jobs. Until then, it's just rhetoric. It goes nowhere.

The middle class is a buffer between the rich and the poor. 'Cept people have kind of screwed that up and that is getting smaller.

Inequality is always a bad thing, and should always be worked against. Unfortunately the problem will never be solved though. Inequality has existed since the beginning of humankind.

The middle class will control this country again when we start electing them to office.

That won't happen until we find a way to take money out of politics. The rich will always support the rich over the poor.

Inequality is always a bad thing, and should always be worked against. Unfortunately the problem will never be solved though. Inequality has existed since the beginning of humankind.

In absolute terms, yes. In matters of degree, no. We can definitely do better on degrees than we are now.

There will always be inequality because some are willing to work harder than others,some are more intelligent and some are just downright lucky or members of the lucky sperm club.

There are many instances of the rich gaining wealth despite incompetence. Look at the bankers us taxpayers bailed out who are still making seven figure salaries.

There will always be inequality because some are willing to work harder than others,some are more intelligent and some are just downright lucky or members of the lucky sperm club.

There are many instances of the rich gaining wealth despite incompetence. Look at the bankers us taxpayers bailed out who are still making seven figure salaries.

You wont hear me defending them.
GM should have been made to file for bankruptcy as well.

OP- It's an un-American horror, and won't be fixed until we end incredible corporate shill/demented actor Reagan's tax rates and policies, and perhaps his BS RW propaganda machine...The New BS GOP is a catastrophe, for greedy a-holes and hater dupes only...

OP- It's an un-American horror, and won't be fixed until we end incredible corporate shill/demented actor Reagan's tax rates and policies, and perhaps his BS RW propaganda machine...The New BS GOP is a catastrophe, for greedy a-holes and hater dupes only...

I love the sound of loser liberals crying about inequality...
It sounds like ...victory.

I love the sound of loser liberals crying about inequality...
It sounds like ...victory.

Laughing.....unless you're super wealthy, you're not winning shit with inequality.

Forum List

Back