Comprehensive Immigration Overhaul?

Hek, didnt reagan want one of those?
Im not for a wall anyways. I mean, its better than nothing. But if we actually FIXED the problem, we wouldnt need one.
No public assistance for illegals or harsher monetary punishments for employing them, or both?
Both.
I would like to revisit free ER service as well. Definitely look back at free schooling.

Whats that mean Trump? Surely you arent talking about amnesty? He apparently was talking about this at an immigration meeting this morning..
Donald Trump said he wants border wall and DACA action then immigration reform
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump is suggesting that an immigration deal could be tackled in two phases — first by taking care of the so-called Dreamers and border security, then by making comprehensive reforms to the immigration system.

Trump on Tuesday held a lengthy meeting with a bipartisan group of lawmakers on immigration.

The president says he would need construction of a border security wall as part of an agreement involving young immigrants, but he says Congress could then pursue a comprehensive immigration overhaul in the second phase.

During a wide-ranging conversation with lawmakers, Trump stressed he needs funding for a border wall and changes to the immigration system.

He has said those are necessary for a deal to protect hundreds of thousands of young people who had been shielded from deportation.
What bullshit.
Yes because practical action is much different than bloated rhetoric.
I dont believe continuing failed policy is very practical.
Neither do I

...note to NSA/SS types. The above post #9 is in reference to how pissed we were when Ronald Reagan gave in to amnesty, which has completely fuck us over. It is not a reference to any desire to assassinate Trump. Thank you and carry on.
Reagan was terrible.
People say trump reminds them of him. I say "i sure in the hell hope he isnt like him!"
Isn't Reagan known for tearing down walls?
Little bita difference between the berlin wall and a national border wall no?
Hek, didnt reagan want one of those?
Im not for a wall anyways. I mean, its better than nothing. But if we actually FIXED the problem, we wouldnt need one.
The the Reagan comment was a joke. And I agree, the "Wall" is a waste but there is plenty that can and needs to be done to address our immigration program including border security.

Would amnesty turn any of you off?

Just get the Wall built and set in stone.

Trump can renege on his promises to the Dem's later. ..... :thup:
Isnt giving them DACA reneging?

He would fuck himself and Republicans over to no end if he so much as says the word Amnesty. Trump supporters would start an anti Trump movement.
I’m very disappointed in Trump for using DACA as a bargaining chip. I think there are other ways to get the Wall funded.

He would fuck himself and Republicans over to no end if he so much as says the word Amnesty. Trump supporters would start an anti Trump movement.
I’m very disappointed in Trump for using DACA as a bargaining chip. I think there are other ways to get the Wall funded.
Dude, you gotta start living in reality and seeing Trump for what he is... Trumps wall was never going to get built, and it is not going to be paid for by Mexico, that was campaign rhetoric. He will apply some border security funding to build walls and fences along the border then tout is as his great wall, but it sure as hell wont be what he promised. And he has already said that he wanted to let the DACA kids stay. Thats Amnesty and to be frank, it is the right move, so Kudos to him for making a good move.

Trump doesn't care about details, he just wants wins. He wants things to get done, which is actually something I like about him. I don't like how he tries to get things done. Lies, manipulation, over-bloated promises, bully tactics etc. Its no bueno

Come hell or high water, Trump will build the Wall. ... :thup:

It's the lynchpin of his presidency and voter base.

He wouldn't dare to not to. ..... :cool:
Like I said he will take credit for the fencing and wall builds that were currently approved under Obama. I'm sure he will also beef them up a bit and get more funding during this current negotiation. But as for the Wall that he touted during the campaign, the one Mexico was going to pay for. No, thats a pipe dream. You were duped

Like I said he will take credit for the fencing and wall builds that were currently approved under Obama. I'm sure he will also beef them up a bit and get more funding during this current negotiation. But as for the Wall that he touted during the campaign, the one Mexico was going to pay for. No, thats a pipe dream. You were duped
Incorrect Poindexter.

The Wall will be built, and will be a beautiful massive structure spanning the border.

And there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth from the looney liberal left and Democrat's. .... :cool:

Dude, you gotta start living in reality and seeing Trump for what he is... Trumps wall was never going to get built, and it is not going to be paid for by Mexico, that was campaign rhetoric. He will apply some border security funding to build walls and fences along the border then tout is as his great wall, but it sure as hell wont be what he promised. And he has already said that he wanted to let the DACA kids stay. Thats Amnesty and to be frank, it is the right move, so Kudos to him for making a good move.

Trump doesn't care about details, he just wants wins. He wants things to get done, which is actually something I like about him. I don't like how he tries to get things done. Lies, manipulation, over-bloated promises, bully tactics etc. Its no bueno

Dude, thanks for your concern...much appreciated.
But, you really gotta stop acting like anyone really gave two shits about who was paying for the wall...that never really mattered...ever...the arithmetic is elementary...the wall pays for itself.
And dude, I’m pretty sure he said he wanted to let the DACA Nightmares stay knowing full well that a “deal” wouldn’t happen due to a dead-weight congress and that pesky Constitution that you people hate.

Incorrect Poindexter.

The Wall will be built, and will be a beautiful massive structure spanning the border.

And there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth from the looney liberal left and Democrat's. .... :cool:
Wow, you are in really deep aren't ya. And is Mexico paying for this wall?

Dude, thanks for your concern...much appreciated.
But, you really gotta stop acting like anyone really gave two shits about who was paying for the wall...that never really mattered...ever...the arithmetic is elementary...the wall pays for itself.
And dude, I’m pretty sure he said he wanted to let the DACA Nightmares stay knowing full well that a “deal” wouldn’t happen due to a dead-weight congress and that pesky Constitution that you people hate.
Haha, nice one. Nobody really gives two shits about who pays for it?! OK thats fine. It just goes to the point that what the guy promises and says he can do isn't accurate or truthful. He talks out of his ass. I know most most politicians do it. Obama said that his healthcare plan would allow people to keep their current plans and doctors and he is still being crucified for that "lie".

Trump sells ideas. His ability to follow through with smart legislation to make those ideas a reality is very much in question. He wants the win and said today that he will sign whatever they put on his desk. That doesn't sound like he cares too much about whats in it. Get ready for some Amnesty

Forum List

Back