Comprehensive Immigration Overhaul?

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Whats that mean Trump? Surely you arent talking about amnesty? He apparently was talking about this at an immigration meeting this morning..
Donald Trump said he wants border wall and DACA action then immigration reform
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump is suggesting that an immigration deal could be tackled in two phases — first by taking care of the so-called Dreamers and border security, then by making comprehensive reforms to the immigration system.

Trump on Tuesday held a lengthy meeting with a bipartisan group of lawmakers on immigration.

The president says he would need construction of a border security wall as part of an agreement involving young immigrants, but he says Congress could then pursue a comprehensive immigration overhaul in the second phase.

During a wide-ranging conversation with lawmakers, Trump stressed he needs funding for a border wall and changes to the immigration system.

He has said those are necessary for a deal to protect hundreds of thousands of young people who had been shielded from deportation.
What bullshit.

lets see how it plays out....I love the fact he put the negotiation on live tv, that was........genius
He got them on recorded.......he looked great, was nice, helpful and asked everyone from both parties

I listened to it on the radio.....

He made the wall a priority.......and said the 7 year $18 billion figure for the wall was bs.......
And he sent them off on a positive note........

lets see how it plays out....I love the fact he put the negotiation on live tv, that was........genius
He got them on recorded.......he looked great, was nice, helpful and asked everyone from both parties

He made the wall a priority.......and said the 7 year $18 billion figure for the wall was bs.......
I dont like how is using DACA as leverage for the wall.
Notice if anybody even MENTIONED policies that would actually help curb incentive? The driving force behind illegal immigration?

no one is paying for the idiot's wall...

...note to NSA/SS types. The above post #9 is in reference to how pissed we were when Ronald Reagan gave in to amnesty, which has completely fuck us over. It is not a reference to any desire to assassinate Trump. Thank you and carry on.

...note to NSA/SS types. The above post #9 is in reference to how pissed we were when Ronald Reagan gave in to amnesty, which has completely fuck us over. It is not a reference to any desire to assassinate Trump. Thank you and carry on.
Reagan was terrible.
People say trump reminds them of him. I say "i sure in the hell hope he isnt like him!"

Reagan was terrible.
People say trump reminds them of him. I say "i sure in the hell hope he isnt!"
I know we have already discussed this, but the only reason Reagan is considered great is because he followed the absolute worst president since Andrew Johnson. Other than put the focus back onto capitalism and lowering taxes, Reagan was not even close to the best modern president. That would be Calvin Coolidge.

Reagan was terrible.
People say trump reminds them of him. I say "i sure in the hell hope he isnt!"
I know we have already discussed this, but the only reason Reagan is considered great is because he followed the absolute worst president since Andrew Johnson. Other than put the focus back onto capitalism and lowering taxes, Reagan was not even close to the best modern president. That would be Calvin Coolidge.
We can discuss that anytime!

I mean seriously. Other than cutting the corporate rate and decreasing domestic spending (which was a wash at best with the military/foreign policy spending), and kicking PATCO in the balls, what else did he do? He didn't do anything innovative. He just followed Coolidge's recipe.

The bad? Deficit spending like a motherfucker. He basically took the government/military/industrial complex to mobster levels with all the military spending and intervention around the world. Of course, Amnesty.

Murray Rothbard beat the crap out of Reagan in this article:
Conservative Con Man - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

The reason Reagan was so well loved is that he was an actor. He knew how to charm the people into believing him.

Whats that mean Trump? Surely you arent talking about amnesty? He apparently was talking about this at an immigration meeting this morning..
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump is suggesting that an immigration deal could be tackled in two phases — first by taking care of the so-called Dreamers and border security, then by making comprehensive reforms to the immigration system.

Trump on Tuesday held a lengthy meeting with a bipartisan group of lawmakers on immigration.

The president says he would need construction of a border security wall as part of an agreement involving young immigrants, but he says Congress could then pursue a comprehensive immigration overhaul in the second phase.

During a wide-ranging conversation with lawmakers, Trump stressed he needs funding for a border wall and changes to the immigration system.

He has said those are necessary for a deal to protect hundreds of thousands of young people who had been shielded from deportation.
What bullshit.
Yes because practical action is much different than bloated rhetoric.

Reagan was terrible.
People say trump reminds them of him. I say "i sure in the hell hope he isnt like him!"
Isn't Reagan known for tearing down walls?

What bullshit.
Yes because practical action is much different than bloated rhetoric.
I dont believe continuing failed policy is very practical.

Reagan was terrible.
Isn't Reagan known for tearing down walls?
Little bita difference between the berlin wall and a national border wall no?
Hek, didnt reagan want one of those?
Im not for a wall anyways. I mean, its better than nothing. But if we actually FIXED the problem, we wouldnt need one.

Forum List

Back