Complete opt-out of the rep system?

anti free speech would be negging people you disagree with. I have been known to argue a point for hours and end up pos repping my opponent for making a good point or because i throughly enjoyed the discussion.

You sir, i negged because i find you, not your ideas, objectionable. You so far, haven't discussed issues. The 4 threads i've seen of yours, were not about issues. They were attempts to get you noticed. Well, it worked. You got noticed. You got noticed and criticized. Rather than address the criticism, you deflected or insulted or went away for hours.

You're an asshole. You've ran away from the rep system because you were about to go into the red, not for some enlightened ethical reason. If you grow some balls and opt back in, you'll likely still be an asshole hence you'll likely get negged into the red.
qtf

i have an appreciation for those people who have opted out, even if i disagree with them on issues. that is the only reason. i have no need to know what people's rep is.

maybe it is a lingering feeling from when i first opted out, which was very early in the scheme of things, and did not know if i was alone or not. i won't lie to you. as much as everyone says those who opt out are cowards, it is not an easy thing to do. i was on my own.

lol...all i said was that it would be nice . some people let people know in their profiles or other ways...sheesh...ya don't have to make a federal case out of it.

As usual, SyChoRenn's reading "issues" are getting her in trouble.

I don't care about MY rep, kid. In general I think USMB would be a much happier place if people like you didn't abuse the rep system. I know damn well I haven't been the only target of that. Hell, the board would be nicer if people like you didn't reward bad behavior, either.

Ummm, syrenn was talking to Seal but I guess you weren't getting enough attention so you had to start in on the SyChoRenn idiocy again?

I can see the confusion though. You and Seal both opted out yet you are two of the biggest rep whiners on the board.

Didn't you say you were gonna start talking about important issues?

too funny. i really don't say all that much unless people make personal attacks on me or others, which seems to be your (and syrenn's) wont.

i don't like the rep system and i have made that clear but, hey, other people like it and that is their business.

i don't understand your particular fascination with me, other than i objected when a muslim member was being told that he worshipped a "pig fucking pedophile rapist" on what was alleged to be a "feel good thread". that thread had begun with the very best of intent but its actual purpose had fallen by the wayside.

make no mistake though, i have noticed that you and some other poster's posts have been more honest when adressing mine, now that i no longer have the ability to rep them and they now lack the ability to rep me.

also, those of us not in the system do have as much of a right, probably even more of a right having experienced both sides, to comment on it as those still involved. we opted out of the cliquish narture of that system. we did not opt off the message board.

OK, so that's how seal remembers it: he evidently doesn't recall his offering to leave that thread alone IF people would pos rep his l'il buddy PatCat until PC's rep was equal to someone else's.

Well, nobody is perfect: we all remember different parts of a 'situation' which kept repeating like a bad meal for way too long......

Seal, regarding that comment QW made in the free rep thread, read my comment to you here-it's the last post: http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/270352-why-does-your-rep-power-go-down.html

You are the one who seems to be fascinated as you are the one who keeps bringing my name up in your posts or making comments to or about me and making assumptions. Especially since your rep was turned off. So I finally fought back. I'm not one to take crap from people Seal. And I don't turn my rep off so I can say crappy things to people without retribution. Like you do and did and still do. The ones that have the best reasons for opting out are saying the least about rep and don't use it as a form of revenge like you do. May I suggest you let all this go now?

I don't care about MY rep, kid. In general I think USMB would be a much happier place if people like you didn't abuse the rep system. I know damn well I haven't been the only target of that. Hell, the board would be nicer if people like you didn't reward bad behavior, either.

Ummm, syrenn was talking to Seal but I guess you weren't getting enough attention so you had to start in on the SyChoRenn idiocy again?

I can see the confusion though. You and Seal both opted out yet you are two of the biggest rep whiners on the board.

too funny. i really don't say all that much unless people make personal attacks on me or others, which seems to be your (and syrenn's) wont.

i don't like the rep system and i have made that clear but, hey, other people like it and that is their business.

i don't understand your particular fascination with me, other than i objected when a muslim member was being told that he worshipped a "pig fucking pedophile rapist" on what was alleged to be a "feel good thread". that thread had begun with the very best of intent but its actual purpose had fallen by the wayside.

make no mistake though, i have noticed that you and some other poster's posts have been more honest when adressing mine, now that i no longer have the ability to rep them and they now lack the ability to rep me.

also, those of us not in the system do have as much of a right, probably even more of a right having experienced both sides, to comment on it as those still involved. we opted out of the cliquish narture of that system. we did not opt off the message board.

it had nothing to do with any other poster.... we were discussing mohamed as being a big fucking pedophile rapist.... and the ability to say as much as far as i remember.

Bingo! you are obsessed about rep.

Seal, regarding that comment QW made in the free rep thread, read my comment to you here-it's the last post: http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/270352-why-does-your-rep-power-go-down.html

You are the one who seems to be fascinated as you are the one who keeps bringing my name up in your posts or making comments to or about me and making assumptions. Especially since your rep was turned off. So I finally fought back. I'm not one to take crap from people Seal. And I don't turn my rep off so I can say crappy things to people without retribution. Like you do and did and still do. The ones that have the best reasons for opting out are saying the least about rep and don't use it as a form of revenge like you do. May I suggest you let all this go now?

I find it funny he is trying to trun this thread in to an its all about seal and his wanting to talk about rep and old threads he is still obsessed about.

Its about wanker poofer....and his pussy moves.

Those threads you started about how you don't care about rep are the result of personal attacks? Funny, I don't quite follow your logic, anymore than I get how you think calling a dead pedophile out when people hold him up as an example amounts to a personal attack.

I have been negged more than once. My experience taught me that getting upset about neg reps, and then saying I don't care about rep, made me feel incredibly stupid around three o'clock in the morning. I discovered a really simple solution, I stopped caring about rep entirely, and thank everyone who resp me as a matter of courtesy. This has resulted in a couple of people completely loosing their cool when their negs meant absolutely nothing to me, but I don't end up berating myself, and I actually get to enjoy the board despite, or even because of, the idiots.

Management needs to reinstate rep for those who insist on being whiners. Neg rep is their karma.

Here here.

They should also institute a rule that anyone who forcibly gets their rep back and unjustifiably complains to staff about getting negged will be banned.

Yo.....freak.

This ain't all about you.

Let it go.

".....also, those of us not in the system do have as much of a right, probably even more of a right having experienced both sides, to comment on it as those still involved. we opted out of the cliquish narture of that system. we did not opt off the message board."

And some pigs are more equal than others, got it.

".....also, those of us not in the system do have as much of a right, probably even more of a right having experienced both sides, to comment on it as those still involved. we opted out of the cliquish narture of that system. we did not opt off the message board."

I do not know if I will ever "opt out" of the rep system as it is part of the fabric of belonging to USMB, in my experience. I come here for fun and the "rep" system is an aspect of that fun. If I start taking a virtual reputation too seriously then I should reflect on my real life and see if that needs attending to.

Nevertheless, it is a fun thing to receive some positive recognition on a post may have been funny or enriched the sender of the positive rep in some way.

i am not leaping to wild conclusions about why people do or do not stay in the rep system or anything of the kind. i will say this, your claim that people opt out so they can be cruelo to other posters is patently ridiculous. i have always tried to be polite, but within limits certainly. most of my posts are and i generally do not initiate personal attacks.

some of the most contentious and cruel posters do quite well within the rep system. that in itself casts serious doubt on your "theory".

yes, i bring your name up. it seems more honest than talking around it and making reference to "some poster(s).

all i ever really said about you was you did not impress me as the kind of person who would remain silent when another person was attacked because of their religious beliefs. i was wrong. it is no big deal.

it seems like you fail to recollect that those who have opted out are the ones being told they have no right to comment. i wasn't talking about "equality", i was speaking about experience. those who have opted out, for whatever real or imagined reasons, have seen it from both sides.

Yo.....freak.

This ain't all about you.

Let it go.

i won't be offended if you choose not to respond to me.

there is a distinct advantage, at times, of having that bully pulpit.

Hope you won't be offended by being on my ignore list. The whining is really more than I want to deal with.

i am not leaping to wild conclusions about why people do or do not stay in the rep system or anything of the kind. i will say this, your claim that people opt out so they can be cruelo to other posters is patently ridiculous. i have always tried to be polite, but within limits certainly. most of my posts are and i generally do not initiate personal attacks.

some of the most contentious and cruel posters do quite well within the rep system. that in itself casts serious doubt on your "theory".

yes, i bring your name up. it seems more honest than talking around it and making reference to "some poster(s).

all i ever really said about you was you did not impress me as the kind of person who would remain silent when another person was attacked because of their religious beliefs. i was wrong. it is no big deal.

You spend entirely too much time talking about me and what you think you know about me. I don't take well to this as you've seen. Let it go.

it seems like you fail to recollect that those who have opted out are the ones being told they have no right to comment. i wasn't talking about "equality", i was speaking about experience. those who have opted out, for whatever real or imagined reasons, have seen it from both sides.

The quote is yours, and accurately reproduced.
If you feel the impression I got was in error, then you need to explain the idea of 'more of a right' in some way which does not involve inequality.

I didn't see where anyone told 'those who have opted out' that 'none of you has a right to comment': it seems to me that you're interpreting others' words and doing so incorrectly. So, no I haven't 'failed to recollect'.

Forum List

Back