Complete opt-out of the rep system?

Hmmm...seems like the generally nice posters and/or more politically central ones are high in rep. Go figure.

Yes, I know, I'm an exception. lol

I opted out also. Cereal Killer will give you a number to keep in case you ever want it turned back on.

An Administrator is the one to do it. That is who did mine. :D

it would be nice if there were some sort of indicator for those who have chosen to opt out.

I think the list will be increasing, for those who don't want or need the games or the attention. I think better discourse can be had when those two equations are eliminated or reduced.

However there are people on board who live here, it seems, and need other people to engage in flaming. They are probably upset that fewer and fewer posters remain with which to do that.

I ignore them. :D

As always.. you are both wise and lovely :) Hugs to you my friend!

Considering that I don't even know you, why do you expect me to care? :confused:

I do not expect you to care. I expected you to do exactly what you did: respond to me as if I gave a shit. Your need for attention is astounding. Four self serving threads started almost simultaneously, yet, you have not contributed anything of merit since you have been back.

Which you obviously do, or you wouldn't have posted. Why pretend to be so appalled by someone else's need for attention if you're just going to feed that need?

I am not appalled, I am entertained. Thank you...:tongue:

it would be nice if there were some sort of indicator for those who have chosen to opt out.

oh good lord.

WHY??? why would an indicator be needed?
Yeah an "indicator" is needed like, no rep button available or something. Maybe the Admin can look into that? :lol:

don't be an ass. it isn't that big of a deal. those of us who have opted out can't see anything, whether some have or haven't.

lol..."this is a feel good thread." doncha know?

oh good lord.

WHY??? why would an indicator be needed?
Yeah an "indicator" is needed like, no rep button available or something. Maybe the Admin can look into that? :lol:

don't be an ass. it isn't that big of a deal. those of us who have opted out can't see anything, whether some have or haven't.

why would you CARE about seeing if someone has or has not opted out of the rep system? You dont care about rep...remember?

Why would you want to see others rep? ... you dont CARE about rep... remember?

why would you CARE about seeing if someone has or has not opted out of the rep system? You dont care about rep...remember?

Why would you want to see others rep? ... you dont CARE about rep... remember?

i have an appreciation for those people who have opted out, even if i disagree with them on issues. that is the only reason. i have no need to know what people's rep is.

maybe it is a lingering feeling from when i first opted out, which was very early in the scheme of things, and did not know if i was alone or not. i won't lie to you. as much as everyone says those who opt out are cowards, it is not an easy thing to do. i was on my own.

lol...all i said was that it would be nice . some people let people know in their profiles or other ways...sheesh...ya don't have to make a federal case out of it.

Is it possible for a member to turn off the "thumb" icon on their posts and zero out their rep score, so that they can no longer give or receive rep? Or does this have to be done by an admin only?

(No, I'm not referring to the "Hide your rep" checkbox in the user options.)

dude, you're paying too much attention to the polls

Forum List

Back