Complete opt-out of the rep system?

don't be an ass. it isn't that big of a deal. those of us who have opted out can't see anything, whether some have or haven't.

lol..."this is a feel good thread." doncha know?

why would you CARE about seeing if someone has or has not opted out of the rep system? You dont care about rep...remember?

Why would you want to see others rep? ... you dont CARE about rep... remember?

i have an appreciation for those people who have opted out, even if i disagree with them on issues. that is the only reason. i have no need to know what people's rep is.

maybe it is a lingering feeling from when i first opted out, which was very early in the scheme of things, and did not know if i was alone or not. i won't lie to you. as much as everyone says those who opt out are cowards, it is not an easy thing to do. i was on my own.

lol...all i said was that it would be nice . some people let people know in their profiles or other ways...sheesh...ya don't have to make a federal case out of it.

As usual, SyChoRenn's reading "issues" are getting her in trouble.

I don't care about MY rep, kid. In general I think USMB would be a much happier place if people like you didn't abuse the rep system. I know damn well I haven't been the only target of that. Hell, the board would be nicer if people like you didn't reward bad behavior, either.

I opted out also. Cereal Killer will give you a number to keep in case you ever want it turned back on.

Is the number the rep points you had before it was turned off?

Not the number you see for rep power, but another number that gets plugged into the formula

Correcto...for demo purposes; someones rep shows as 832 on their profile when I go in to remove it it shows up as 34976.

I ZERO it out and ask the member to hold onto that number just in case they want it back. Software can get wonky, so I like to err on the side of caution and have them keep that number stashed somewhere

I don't care about MY rep, kid. In general I think USMB would be a much happier place if people like you didn't abuse the rep system. I know damn well I haven't been the only target of that. Hell, the board would be nicer if people like you didn't reward bad behavior, either.

^^^
The rep whinefest continues...

why would you CARE about seeing if someone has or has not opted out of the rep system? You dont care about rep...remember?

i have an appreciation for those people who have opted out, even if i disagree with them on issues. that is the only reason. i have no need to know what people's rep is.

maybe it is a lingering feeling from when i first opted out, which was very early in the scheme of things, and did not know if i was alone or not. i won't lie to you. as much as everyone says those who opt out are cowards, it is not an easy thing to do. i was on my own.

lol...all i said was that it would be nice . some people let people know in their profiles or other ways...sheesh...ya don't have to make a federal case out of it.

No. You haven't been the only one to receive neg rep from Syrenn, me, or any of the others who have smacked you up along side the head since your return. You are just the latest asshole to refuse to learn.
Some people get negged for being blatant racists. Some get negged for lying. They either learn to tone down their rhetoric, or quit lying or they will continue to get beat up on.
Then, there are the narcissists. Odd bunch; convinced that they are the smartest people in the room. These people will refuse to answer direct questions, but criticize the person who asked, usually saying something like "You are deflecting."
These are the people who get a neg every 48 hours. They refuse to see that the one common denominator in all of their interactions and real life relationships, is themselves. They believe there is nothing they must change.
While there are a few folks that have opted out of the rep system because they don't want the distraction, most, including you, Wanker, have opted out to avoid the embarrassment of an immanent or growing row of red splats.

Ummm, syrenn was talking to Seal but I guess you weren't getting enough attention so you had to start in on the SyChoRenn idiocy again?

I can see the confusion though. You and Seal both opted out yet you are two of the biggest rep whiners on the board.

Didn't you say you were gonna start talking about important issues?

I'm not so sure you should be talking about her reading issues about your rep while quoting her discussion about another's rep with another.

No. You haven't been the only one to receive neg rep from Syrenn, me, or any of the others who have smacked you up along side the head since your return. You are just the latest asshole to refuse to learn.
Some people get negged for being blatant racists. Some get negged for lying. They either learn to tone down their rhetoric, or quit lying or they will continue to get beat up on.
Then, there are the narcissists. Odd bunch; convinced that they are the smartest people in the room. These people will refuse to answer direct questions, but criticize the person who asked, usually saying something like "You are deflecting."
These are the people who get a neg every 48 hours. They refuse to see that the one common denominator in all of their interactions and real life relationships, is themselves. They believe there is nothing they must change.
While there are a few folks that have opted out of the rep system because they don't want the distraction, most, including you, Wanker, have opted out to avoid the embarrassment of an immanent or growing row of red splats.

Who did you get to write that for you? Hope you remembered to rep them...

Something's wrong with you, buttercup.

Really.

Look you dumb son of a bitch! Instead of just hitting you with a one liner only for the possible enjoyment of others, I figured I'd make the effort to point out what I and others object to about your personality. You know, show a bit of compassion, extend the hand of friendship, as it were.
I held out little hope that you would understand, let alone heed or appreciate my advice.
Back to the comedy show.

Something's wrong with you, buttercup.

Really.

Not one comment on content after I actually put an effort into educating him, And He insinuates that I'm not too bright.

Look you dumb son of a bitch! Instead of just hitting you with a one liner only for the possible enjoyment of others, I figured I'd make the effort to point out what I and others object to about your personality. You know, show a bit of compassion, extend the hand of friendship, as it were.
I held out little hope that you would understand, let alone heed or appreciate my advice.
Back to the comedy show.
Yup. Like Lumpy is doing today, too.

Back to the comedy show.

Wait, that really WAS sincere??? Jesus, Mary, and Joseph! :eek:

Okay, first of all, it's moot, now that I'm off the rep grid, but I'm sure you know that.

Second, anyone who uses rep to discipline other users in the way you described is about as anti-free-speech as it gets. Nobody died and made you all mods and admins. If you don't like someone's personality, at least be man enough to come out and say it. Either the other person will listen or they won't.

Third, if you want to talk about - oh, I dunno - issues or anything, the other guy's personality shouldn't matter, as long as you both stick to picking apart the arguments and not getting into all the rep bullshit. You might not believe this, but I do admit it when someone calls me out on an incorrect fact or logical fallacy.

Okay, I'm done with the soapbox.

LOL...i dont abuse the rep system. If i did there would be an awful lot of thin skins crying about it.

Ummm, syrenn was talking to Seal but I guess you weren't getting enough attention so you had to start in on the SyChoRenn idiocy again?

I can see the confusion though. You and Seal both opted out yet you are two of the biggest rep whiners on the board.

Didn't you say you were gonna start talking about important issues?

ppsstt.... being a troll IS important to him.

Back to the comedy show.

Okay, first of all, it's moot, now that I'm off the rep grid, but I'm sure you know that.

Second, anyone who uses rep to discipline other users in the way you described is about as anti-free-speech as it gets. Nobody died and made you all mods and admins. If you don't like someone's personality, at least be man enough to come out and say it. Either the other person will listen or they won't.

Third, if you want to talk about - oh, I dunno - issues or anything, the other guy's personality shouldn't matter, as long as you both stick to picking apart the arguments and not getting into all the rep bullshit. You might not believe this, but I do admit it when someone calls me out on an incorrect fact or logical fallacy.

Unlike Ernie, I just figure you were a jackass before and two years later still a jackass, so I'm perfectly happy just slinging the one-liners for the amusement of the rest of us. You're doomed to repeat this all through life, because you fail to see the simple truth that your ego isolates you from others.

Back to the comedy show.

Anti free speech would be negging people you disagree with. I have been known to argue a point for hours and end up pos repping my opponent for making a good point or because I throughly enjoyed the discussion.

You sir, I negged because I find YOU, not your ideas, objectionable. You so far, haven't discussed issues. The 4 threads I've seen of yours, were not about issues. They were attempts to get you noticed. Well, it worked. You got noticed. You got noticed and criticized. Rather than address the criticism, you deflected or insulted or went away for hours.

You're an asshole. You've ran away from the rep system because you were about to go into the red, not for some enlightened ethical reason. If you grow some balls and opt back in, you'll likely still be an asshole hence you'll likely get negged into the red.

Back to the comedy show.

Anti free speech would be negging people you disagree with. I have been known to argue a point for hours and end up pos repping my opponent for making a good point or because I throughly enjoyed the discussion.

You sir, I negged because I find YOU, not your ideas, objectionable. You so far, haven't discussed issues. The 4 threads I've seen of yours, were not about issues. They were attempts to get you noticed. Well, it worked. You got noticed. You got noticed and criticized. Rather than address the criticism, you deflected or insulted or went away for hours.

You're an asshole. You've ran away from the rep system because you were about to go into the red, not for some enlightened ethical reason. If you grow some balls and opt back in, you'll likely still be an asshole hence you'll likely get negged into the red.

Misty has more balls then he does..... she knew she was going to take a load of negs and after thinking about it... opted back in.

Forum List

Back