Comparing Israel to South Africa is a far fetch.

To celebrate people that meekly accepted Jew rule is a bit naive, don't you think. What is there to celebrate about people who meekly accept to be ruled by a foreign invader that names the country after a religion you are not a follower of and that has evicted the majority of your compatriots? I don't get it.
:dig:Wow, this is about the funniest thing you have posted. Posts like this explain the need for a 'Hasbara'. "Meekly accept to be ruled?" they are happier there and participate in government. "names the country after a religion?" Hahahaha! that is new to all of us. Israel is now the name of a religion, according to monti. "evicted the majority of your compatriots?" The population of Israel is around 8 million, 22% of which are Arab/Muslim. That would make it well over a million. There were about 700,000 'compatriots' that left Israel. And I think it could be 50/50 from 'eviction' and Arab League urging.
:dig:

So Israel is not "the Jewish State"?

Again with the propaganda. That's all you seem to know. Why do you rely exclusively on propaganda and not for once do some research using source documents? You just keep digging with the propaganda.

:dig:

Now the facts:

"a report prepared by the intelligence services of the Israeli army, dated 30 June 1948 and entitled “The emigration of Palestinian Arabs in the period 1/12/1947-1/6/1948”. This document sets at 391,000 the number of Palestinians who had already left the territory that was by then in the hands of Israel, and evaluates the various factors that had prompted their decisions to leave. “At least 55% of the total of the exodus was caused by our (Haganah/IDF) operations.” To this figure, the report’s compilers add the operations of the Irgun and Lehi, which “directly (caused) some 15%... of the emigration”. A further 2% was attributed to explicit expulsion orders issued by Israeli troops, and 1% to their psychological warfare. This leads to a figure of 73% for departures caused directly by the Israelis. In addition, the report attributes 22% of the departures to “fears” and “a crisis of confidence” affecting the Palestinian population. As for Arab calls for flight, these were reckoned to be significant in only 5% of cases..."

The expulsion of the Palestinians re-examined

As usual with you... FALSE!

From the Jewish Britannica:

The word Palestine derives from Philistia, the name given by Greek writers to the land of the Philistines, who in the 12th century bce occupied a small pocket of land on the southern coast, between modern Tel Aviv–Yafo and Gaza.

Palestine

Wait, so as Philistines, they only have territorial rights to Gaza and a small territory north of there, right? Just that small pocket of land, right? I'm down with that.

and...

Wait, what?! So if I adopt the name Canaanite, I'm suddenly a Canaanite?! That's all there is to it? Awesome. In that case, the Jewish people are Canaanites. We were there first. We claim all of ancient Canaan.

Wow. You know, with your help, we have just solved the entire Israel/Arab conflict. Where have you BEEN for the past 100 years?

The word Palestine derives from Philistia, the name given by Greek writers to the land of the Philistines, who in the 12th century bce occupied a small pocket of land on the southern coast, between modern Tel Aviv–Yafo and Gaza.

Palestine

Wait, so as Philistines, they only have territorial rights to Gaza and a small territory north of there, right? Just that small pocket of land, right? I'm down with that.

and...

Wait, what?! So if I adopt the name Canaanite, I'm suddenly a Canaanite?! That's all there is to it? Awesome. In that case, the Jewish people are Canaanites. We were there first. We claim all of ancient Canaan.

Wow. You know, with your help, we have just solved the entire Israel/Arab conflict. Where have you BEEN for the past 100 years?

The fact is, the European Jews have about the same amount of Near Eastern ancestry as Southern Europeans. The Muslims and Christians the European Jews displaced are the most direct descendants of the Jewish and other people that had always lived in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Palestine

and...

The fact is, the European Jews have about the same amount of Near Eastern ancestry as Southern Europeans. The Muslims and Christians the European Jews displaced are the most direct descendants of the Jewish and other people that had always lived in the area.

But you're missing louie888 's point. It doesn't matter. See, as long as the Jewish people SAY they are actually the Canaanites they don't have to have any actual connection to them at all. Its the name that is important.

Last edited:
"your missing louie888 's point."

I think you mean "you're" as in "you are." And you are missing the point.

Am I? Your point was that the Arab Muslim and Christian Palestinians are the Philistines, yes? Without any qualifiers or explanations, yes? And that this fact gives them rights to sovereignty over the territory, yes?

Or did you want to change your claim?

What thread are you on? You troll so many you lose track. If you ask on the proper thread, I could reply.

What thread are you on? You troll so many you lose track. If you ask on the proper thread, I could reply.
Okay Achmed, Palestinians are descendants of the extinct European / Greek "Philistines" as much as Elizabeth Warren is a descendant of Pocohantes. :lmao:

Neanderthals went extinct 10s of thousands of years before the Philistines, yet many Europeans have some Neanderthal DNA. It would be extremely difficult for the indigenous people of Palestine to not have at least some Philistine DNA.

Some people say Israel is an apartheid state, but musical artist Ari Lesser “can’t relate to that baseless hate.”

Comparing a racist regime like South Africa to Israel, which is fighting a war on terror, is completely unfair.

Building a border fence to protect Israeli civilians from Palestinian terrorists is only common sense, not racism.

Israel, in fact, is a democracy that provides equal social and political rights to all citizens, regardless of race and religion.

For 2,000 years, Jews had called Israel their home and prayed to return, unlike other nations that colonized and ruled the land temporarily.

So if you compare Israel to South African apartheid, you really have no idea what you are talking about. Click below and let musical artist Ari Lesser explain it to you in rap.
Link: WATCH: Rapper Destroys Claim that Israel is an ‘Apartheid State’

I have always cringed when folks here call Israel an 'Apartheid' state. All they are really doing is stealing the word that helped change South Africa. There is no comparison at all.
Then WHY did YOU do it moron ??

Spam bot.

Ignore list.

Palestine
So, you equate the use of a word to actual lineage of a people? You know that the area was named 'Palastinia' by the Romans to spite the Jews because of this word/name of their ancient enemies only and had nothing to do with even the current inhabitants of the land at the time, right?

You claimed that "names the country after a religion". Israel is not the name of a religion, get it?

As for the rest of your 'facts', at one time I considered your 'facts' about the expulsion to be totally false and felt that it was all the fault of the Arab League's promise to rid the area of the Jews entirely. You can look up my earlier posts to find that to be true.

I have since decided that the 'facts' are cloudy and I believe they clearly show that it was a combination of the two. So you see, I can change my views based upon freely looking at the facts. Can you? Don't bother, we already know the answer to that. Because your posts have shown no change whatsoever in any of your views.

Some people say Israel is an apartheid state, but musical artist Ari Lesser “can’t relate to that baseless hate.”

Comparing a racist regime like South Africa to Israel, which is fighting a war on terror, is completely unfair.

Building a border fence to protect Israeli civilians from Palestinian terrorists is only common sense, not racism.

Israel, in fact, is a democracy that provides equal social and political rights to all citizens, regardless of race and religion.

For 2,000 years, Jews had called Israel their home and prayed to return, unlike other nations that colonized and ruled the land temporarily.

So if you compare Israel to South African apartheid, you really have no idea what you are talking about. Click below and let musical artist Ari Lesser explain it to you in rap.

I have always cringed when folks here call Israel an 'Apartheid' state. All they are really doing is stealing the word that helped change South Africa. There is no comparison at all.

the terrorist supporters who call israel an apartheid state are anti-semites as a general rule. and they don't seem particularly concerned when other countries defend themselves. they also ignore how much better arabs are treated in israel than jews are treated in arab countries.

You claimed that "names the country after a religion". Israel is not the name of a religion, get it?

As for the rest of your 'facts', at one time I considered your 'facts' about the expulsion to be totally false and felt that it was all the fault of the Arab League's promise to rid the area of the Jews entirely. You can look up my earlier posts to find that to be true.

I have since decided that the 'facts' are cloudy and I believe they clearly show that it was a combination of the two. So you see, I can change my views based upon freely looking at the facts. Can you? Don't bother, we already know the answer to that. Because your posts have shown no change whatsoever in any of your views.
Ding ding CORRECT. The entire problem was started by the Arab aggression:

Did Arab newspapers in 1948 threaten Palestinians with violence if they didn't leave Israel before the Arabs attacked?
If so, have historians preserved some of these newspapers?

Fact

A plethora of evidence exists demonstrating that Palestinians were encouraged to leave their homes to make way for the invading Arab armies.

The Economist, a frequent critic of the Zionists, reported on October 2, 1948: “Of the 62,000 Arabs who formerly lived in Haifa not more than 5,000 or 6,000 remained. Various factors influenced their decision to seek safety in flight. There is but little doubt that the most potent of the factors were the announcements made over the air by the Higher Arab Executive, urging the Arabs to quit... It was clearly intimated that those Arabs who remained in Haifa and accepted Jewish protection would be regarded as renegades.”

Time’s report of the battle for Haifa (May 3, 1948) was similar: “The mass evacuation, prompted partly by fear, partly by orders of Arab leaders, left the Arab quarter of Haifa a ghost city... By withdrawing Arab workers their leaders hoped to paralyze Haifa.”

Benny Morris, the historian who documented instances where Palestinians were expelled, also found that Arab leaders encouraged their brethren to leave. Starting in December 1947, he said, “Arab officers ordered the complete evacuation of specific villages in certain areas, lest their inhabitants ‘treacherously’ acquiesce in Israeli rule or hamper Arab military deployments.” He concluded, “There can be no exaggerating the importance of these early Arab-initiated evacuations in the demoralization, and eventual exodus, of the remaining rural and urban populations” (Benny Morris, The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited, MA: Cambridge University Press, 2004, p. 590.)

The Arab National Committee in Jerusalem, following the March 8, 1948, instructions of the Arab Higher Committee, ordered women, children and the elderly in various parts of Jerusalem to leave their homes: “Any opposition to this order... is an obstacle to the holy war... and will hamper the operations of the fighters in these districts.” The Arab Higher Committee also ordered the evacuation of “several dozen villages, as well as the removal of dependents from dozens more” in April-July 1948. “The invading Arab armies also occasionally ordered whole villages to depart, so as not to be in their way” (Middle Eastern Studies, January 1986; See also Morris, pp. 263 & 590-592).

Morris also said that in early May units of the Arab Legion ordered the evacuation of all women and children from the town of Beisan. The Arab Liberation Army was also reported to have ordered the evacuation of another village south of Haifa. The departure of the women and children, Morris says, “tended to sap the morale of the menfolk who were left behind to guard the homes and fields, contributing ultimately to the final evacuation of villages. Such two-tier evacuation — women and children first, the men following weeks later — occurred in Qumiya in the Jezreel Valley, among the Awarna bedouin in Haifa Bay and in various other places.”

In his memoirs, Haled al Azm, the Syrian Prime Minister in 1948-49, also admitted the Arab role in persuading the refugees to leave:

“Since 1948 we have been demanding the return of the refugees to their homes. But we ourselves are the ones who encouraged them to leave. Only a few months separated our call to them to leave and our appeal to the United Nations to resolve on their return” (The Memoirs of Haled al Azm, Beirut, 1973, Part 1, pp. 386-387).

Who gave such orders? Leaders like such as Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Said, who declared: “We will smash the country with our guns and obliterate every place the Jews seek shelter in. The Arabs should conduct their wives and children to safe areas until the fighting has died down” (Myron Kaufman, The Coming Destruction of Israel, NY: The American Library Inc., 1970, pp. 26-27).

The Secretary of the Arab League Office in London, Edward Atiyah, wrote in his book, The Arabs: “This wholesale exodus was due partly to the belief of the Arabs, encouraged by the boastings of an unrealistic Arabic press and the irresponsible utterances of some of the Arab leaders that it could be only a matter of weeks before the Jews were defeated by the armies of the Arab States and the Palestinian Arabs enabled to reenter and retake possession of their country” (Edward Atiyah, The Arabs, London: Penguin Books, 1955, p. 183).

“The refugees were confident their absence would not last long, and that they would return within a week or two,” Monsignor George Hakim, a Greek Orthodox Catholic Bishop of Galilee told the Beirut newspaper, Sada al-Janub (August 16, 1948). “Their leaders had promised them that the Arab Armies would crush the ’Zionist gangs’ very quickly and that there was no need for panic or fear of a long exile.”

On April 3, 1949, the Near East Broadcasting Station ( Cyprus ) said: “It must not be forgotten that the Arab Higher Committee encouraged the refugees’ flight from their homes in Jaffa, Haifa and Jerusalem” (Samuel Katz, Battleground-Fact and Fantasy in Palestine, NY: Bantam Books, 1985, p. 15).

“The Arab States encouraged the Palestine Arabs to leave their homes temporarily in order to be out of the way of the Arab invasion armies,” according to the Jordanian newspaper Filastin, (February 19, 1949).

One refugee quoted in the Jordan newspaper, Ad Difaa (September 6, 1954), said: “The Arab government told us: Get out so that we can get in. So we got out, but they did not get in.”

“The Secretary-General of the Arab League, Azzam Pasha, assured the Arab peoples that the occupation of Palestine and Tel Aviv would be as simple as a military promenade,” said Habib Issa in the New York Lebanese paper, Al Hoda (June 8, 1951). “He pointed out that they were already on the frontiers and that all the millions the Jews had spent on land and economic development would be easy booty, for it would be a simple matter to throw Jews into the Mediterranean... Brotherly advice was given to the Arabs of Palestine to leave their land, homes and property and to stay temporarily in neighboring fraternal states, lest the guns of the invading Arab armies mow them down.”

The Arabs’ fear was naturally exacerbated by stories of real and imagined Jewish atrocities following the attack on Deir Yassin. The native population lacked leaders who could calm them; their spokesmen, such as the Arab Higher Committee, were operating from the safety of neighboring states and did more to arouse their fears than to pacify them. Local military leaders were of little or no comfort. In one instance the commander of Arab troops in Safed went to Damascus. The following day, his troops withdrew from the town. When the residents realized they were defenseless, they fled in panic. “As Palestinian military power was swiftly and dramatically crushed, and the Haganah demonstrated almost unchallenged superiority in successive battles,” Benny Morris noted, “Arab morale cracked, giving way to general, blind, panic, or a ‘psychosis of flight,’ as one IDF intelligence report put it” (King Abdallah, My Memoirs Completed, (London: Longman Group, Ltd., 1978), p. xvi; Morris, p. 591).

According to Dr. Walid al-Qamhawi, a former member of the Executive Committee of the PLO, “it was collective fear, moral disintegration and chaos in every field that exiled the Arabs of Tiberias, Haifa and dozens of towns and villages” (Joseph Schechtman, The Refugee in the World, NY: A.S. Barnes and Co., 1963, p. 186).

As panic spread throughout Palestine, the early trickle of refugees became a flood, numbering more than 200,000 by the time the provisional government declared the independence of the State of Israel.

Even Jordan’s King Abdullah, writing in his memoirs, blamed Palestinian leaders for the refugee problem:

The tragedy of the Palestinians was that most of their leaders had paralyzed them with false and unsubstantiated promises that they were not alone; that 80 million Arabs and 400 million Muslims would instantly and miraculously come to their rescue (Yehoshofat Harkabi, Arab Attitudes To Israel, Jerusalem: Israel Universities Press, 1972, p. 364).

the terrorist supporters who call israel an apartheid state are anti-semites as a general rule. and they don't seem particularly concerned when other countries defend themselves. they also ignore how much better arabs are treated in israel than jews are treated in arab countries.
The antisemite card is no longer the ace of trump.

US demands UN pull report accusing Israel of apartheid
The report published Wednesday, titled “Israeli Practices towards the Palestinian People and the Question of Apartheid,” says that “available evidence establishes beyond a reasonable doubt that Israel is guilty of policies and practices that constitute the crime of apartheid as legally defined in instruments of international law.”

The Beirut-based commission slammed Israel’s Law of Return, “conferring on Jews worldwide the right to enter Israel and obtain Israeli citizenship regardless of their countries of origin and whether or not they can show links to Israel-Palestine, while withholding any comparable right from Palestinians, including those with documented ancestral homes in the country,” as a policy of “demographic engineering” meant to uphold Israel’s status as the Jewish state.

The report further accuses Israel of “practices” that have fragmented Palestinians, arguing that it is the “principal method by which Israel imposes an apartheid regime.”
US demands UN pull report accusing Israel of apartheid

Forum List

Back