Comparing Israel to South Africa is a far fetch.

MAYBE TO THOSE WHO DENY ISRAELI APARTHEID, BUT CERTAINLY NOT TO THOSE IN THE KNOW.

“Not only is this group of people [Palestinians] being oppressed more than the apartheid ideologues could ever dream about in South Africa, their very identity and history are being denied and obfuscated.”

--Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu, 2012

More than the apartheid ideologues could ever dream about in South Africa?

Think on that!

One of the things that should be discussed respect to the charges of apartheid, which no one ever does is to differentiate between so-called apartheid within Israel and so-called apartheid outside Israel in areas governed by the PA and Hamas.

Those who charge Israel with apartheid in areas governed by the PA and Hamas are requiring Israel to be responsible for areas under the authority of another government. This is ridiculous. The only way Israel can be responsible for those areas is if it takes over government of those areas. Which means deliberately and intentionally denying Arab Palestinians their self-determination, self-government and independence. Which would seem, to me, to be immoral.

MAYBE TO THOSE WHO DENY ISRAELI APARTHEID, BUT CERTAINLY NOT TO THOSE IN THE KNOW.

“Not only is this group of people [Palestinians] being oppressed more than the apartheid ideologues could ever dream about in South Africa, their very identity and history are being denied and obfuscated.”

--Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu, 2012

More than the apartheid ideologues could ever dream about in South Africa?

Think on that!

You copied and paste an opinion - even using gargantuan text. You might want to offer some support for that opinion.

[And, if you want to talk about "stealing" words... How about 'Semite'... Or perhaps, the bastardization to antisemite...

Semites are Jew AND Arab!

Antisemite is being against both yet Israel hijacked this for their SOLE use as a way of trying to demonise those who speak out against Israel...

Rock on :rock:
But I am not talking about the word Semite, nor anti-semite here. While I agree with your points on those words, I still would welcome some intelligent discourse from you regarding the word I did post about, instead.

Oops, I stand corrected, you did in a later post.

Last edited:
You have not replied to the quote from Tutu, so I am guessing you really don't want to discuss it as it blows away your OP like it was a feather.

Israel is a perfect analog to Apartheid South Africa,<snip>

Your own link does not agree:

Israeli Apartheid and South African Apartheid are not exactly the same thing.
Although I do realize you used the word, 'analogy'. In my opinion, Apartheid was a noun coined specifically for the situation in South Africa and only South Africa. That is why is is usually capitalized as a proper noun. It's origin is in the arfikaans language from Dutch.

One of the things that should be discussed respect to the charges of apartheid, which no one ever does is to differentiate between so-called apartheid within Israel and so-called apartheid outside Israel in areas governed by the PA and Hamas.

Those who charge Israel with apartheid in areas governed by the PA and Hamas are requiring Israel to be responsible for areas under the authority of another government. This is ridiculous. The only way Israel can be responsible for those areas is if it takes over government of those areas. Which means deliberately and intentionally denying Arab Palestinians their self-determination, self-government and independence. Which would seem, to me, to be immoral.

Most non-whites in Apartheid South Africa were citizens of the Bantustans, they were not South African citizens. The Bantustans were considered self-governing by the South African Government. Using your logic there was no Apartheid in South Africa.

Of course Israel is an apartheid state.

It defies logic to claim otherwise. .... :cool:

Unless you personally experience apartheid in SA then you can really make no comparison!

There are similarities BUT even though Israel DOES carry out 'aparthied''-esque actions but it is so NOT an "apartheid state" in the terms of what SA apartheid was!

You have not replied to the quote from Tutu, so I am guessing you really don't want to discuss it as it blows away your OP like it was a feather.

Without a source for your so called 'quote' that you had to post in gargantuan bolded text, I already blew your so called 'quote' away. It's about a mile or two away already.

Of course Israel is an apartheid state.

It defies logic to claim otherwise. .... :cool:

Unless you personally experience apartheid in SA then you can really make no comparison!

There are similarities BUT even though Israel DOES carry out 'aparthied''-esque actions but it is so NOT an "apartheid state" in the terms of what SA apartheid was!

Correct, Israel is far more brutal in its Apartheid.

Noam Chomsky: Israel's Actions in Palestine are "Much Worse Than Apartheid" in South Africa

"In the Occupied Territories, what Israel is doing is much worse than apartheid," Chomsky says. "To call it apartheid is a gift to Israel, at least if by 'apartheid' you mean South African-style apartheid. What’s happening in the Occupied Territories is much worse. There’s a crucial difference. The South African Nationalists needed the black population. That was their workforce. … The Israeli relationship to the Palestinians in the Occupied Territories is totally different. They just don’t want them. They want them out, or at least in prison."

Noam Chomsky: Israel's Actions in Palestine are "Much Worse Than Apartheid" in South Africa | Democracy Now!

Apartheid was a noun coined specifically for the situation in South Africa and only South Africa.
The word "apartheid" over the last few decades has evolved, and now describes any situation where a racial minority is being persecuted by a powerful majority.

Israel's brutal treatment and forced segregation of the Palestinian people is the perfect example of the word "apartheid" in current use today. ... :cool:

Apartheid was a noun coined specifically for the situation in South Africa and only South Africa.
The word "apartheid" over the last few decades has evolved, and now describes any situation where a racial minority is being persecuted by a powerful majority.

Israel's brutal treatment of the Palestinian people is the perfect example of the word "apartheid" in current use today. ... :cool:

Ooh. Another magic word that has been redefined so we can apply it to Israel. If we want to use the rather more broad definition that you've just posted even Canada is an apartheid state. In fact, I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find any state in the world that couldn't be defined that way.

Without a source for your so called 'quote' that you had to post in gargantuan bolded text, I already blew your so called 'quote' away. It's about a mile or two away already.
LOL! Are you denying he said it or did you blow it away? HAHAHA!

Tutu has spoken out forever against her apartheid.

...I have reached this conclusion slowly and painfully. I am aware that many of our Jewish brothers and sisters who were so instrumental in the fight against South African apartheid are not yet ready to reckon with the apartheid nature of Israel and its current government. And I am enormously concerned that raising this issue will cause heartache to some in the Jewish community with whom I have worked closely and successfully for decades. But I cannot ignore the Palestinian suffering I have witnessed, nor the voices of those courageous Jews troubled by Israel's discriminatory course....
---Desmond Tutu, winner of the 1984 Nobel Peace Prize, is archbishop-emeritus of Cape Town, South Africa.

Justice requires action to stop subjugation of Palestinians

Forum List

Back