Company with Balls: Meatpacking plant fires workers that miss work to attend protest

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by insein, Apr 12, 2006.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Warning! Liberal whining and crybabying is present in the following article. Please use all neccessary precautions to prevent head trauma. Firmly secure the duct tape around your skull before reading.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060411/NEWS01/604110328/1120/RSS

Head explode yet? YOU HAVE NO FUCKING RIGHTS! YOU ARE NOT A CITIZEN! BECOME A CITIZEN AND YOU WILL RECEIVE RIGHTS!

:blowup:

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    Unfair? What the freak. They didn't go to work. Why on earth should any company put up with an employee if they dont go to work when they are told they are supposed to?

People don't have the right to work at any job. Employers do not have to hire you. You have to earn it. Or if you really want to work, start your own company. Find a way to work for yourself. Qualify yourself. learn skills. but dont assume that people have to let you work if you arent going to be responsible.

3. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    That was the other side of my head exploding for the whining about not going to work. Unless you work for the government or aare a member of a powerful union, an employer can fire you for anything he damn well pleases. Thats how it should work period. If the boss comes in one day and decides he doesnt like the color pants you got on, he fires you. What can you say? Its his business. Go find another job. word will spread that the guy is nuts and will have a hard time highering. You dont whine about it being "Unfair." Life's fucking unfair. Deal with it.

4. LOki

LOki The Yaweh of Mischief

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +585
    Oh, but they DO have rights. Rights are not contingent upon citizenship, but rather on the condition of being--rights are bestowed by "the creator" and not the government that bestows citizenship.

Yet, there is no constitutionally protected right to skip work. There is no constutionally protected right to get work. As it turns out, the "rights" were skipping work to "fight" for were not rights at all--for citizen OR immigrants (illegal or otherwise).

Funny thing though--they did excersize their right to petition the government with their grievances without getting arrested. I see that they just take the 1st amendment for granred.

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

I can't comment----I'm too busy trying to recover from all the economic damage caused when the "vital" Hispanic workers didn't go to work and protested instead.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Those workers were sure very careful not to give their names so they wouldn't get arrested for being in the country illegally, weren't they?

The company is no hero either in that they hired illegal aliens in the first place....

7. The ClayTaurus

The ClayTaurus Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    A company with balls? Hardly. A company concerned with it's bottom line, probably. I bet you 50 bucks they replaced all those illegals with more illegals. I mean, good for a company for firing someone who doesn't show up to work (shocking idea), but they're part of the source of the problem. Both of these companies should have a shit storm thrown at them for hiring illegals.

8. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,777
    I'd like to hear what Ms. Herrada's arguements are for those fired workers to get hired back are. What, the company must hire those ILLEGAL workers? :poke:

We should just eliminate welfare, and stop raising minimium wage and I think we'll start seeing these jobs fill up by americans.

9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Until punishment for hiring illegals becomes universal in America companies will do whatever it takes to get the edge on the competition.

10. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    In all honesty, there is no way for a company like that to know if their people are illegal. If they have a SSN and fake papers. It'd take alot of resources to PROVE that they were lieing. Most companies don't have the time or resources to do a thourough check. I just look at the sheer number of fake SSN numbers that come through the IRS for illegal Mexicans and just have to sit in disbelief. All of them apply for temporary ID numbers to receive their "Child Tax credits" for kids that arent even their's (nephews and nieces with completely different last names). None of them pay taxes after the exemptions they take. One guy even had the balls to write a letter saying that his credit was sent to the person that he stole the SSN number from and he demands it be sent to himself.

Bottomline, yea the companies can do a more thourough check, but if they come to you and show you a forged document with a real SSN and a real ID, it's hard to call them a liar based on their nationality.