Company Policy: We are not hiring until Obama is gone'

You have not provided facts.

I'd like to know how many "boys" you have working, how much each are paid, and how many overtime hours each ( at all pay grades ) are working. Then, I'd like you to show me how paying these "boys" overtime is cost effective when compared to hiring more "boys" to carry the load. And...if it is not drastically more cost effective, which it certainly is not, why you would not want to put another working man in the mix......paying taxes and buying shit?

lol, I don't give a fuck what you'd like to know, or whether you believe me or not. Believe that everyone is running at full employment if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy, I don't care.

Well.....there it is then. All I have done is ask for some facts from your personal experience. I only did so because you used your personal experience as evidence in your argument.

Wanna know what makes me feel warm and fuzzy, douchebag? Hearing my fellow Americans TALKING UP the economy whenever possible does the trick. There are positive signs. There is, as Chris and others have mentioned here, reason to be optimistic. Emphasizing the positive is not going to magically make things better.....but it certainly does not hurt.

But, you fuckers come here EVERY DAMNED DAY and speak of nothing but negatives. Because that is what makes you feel warm and fuzzy? What agenda could you have in emphasizing the negative? Trying to help? Asshole.
Somebody around here has to point out that the Lightbringer isn't the Supreme Being, because no leftists are going to admit it.

I'd like to know how many "boys" you have working, how much each are paid, and how many overtime hours each ( at all pay grades ) are working. Then, I'd like you to show me how paying these "boys" overtime is cost effective when compared to hiring more "boys" to carry the load. And...if it is not drastically more cost effective, which it certainly is not, why you would not want to put another working man in the mix......paying taxes and buying shit?

Well, actually, it would sort of depend. Let's say for sake of argument that she has 10 boys at her company all making $14.50/Hr. I did this chart for my resume service showing what it costs to hire an employee at that rate. It assumes they all have families.

Base Salary $30,000.00
FICA (social security) $1,860.00
Medicare $435.00
Workers Comp $900.00
Unemployment $455.00
Life Insurance $300.00
Health Insurance $10,000.00 for a family
Long term disability $250.00
Dental $600.00 for a family
401K contribution $900.00
Equipment/space $2,000.00

TOTAL OUTLAY $48,500.00

So let's say instead of hiring an 11th employee, she simply requires her 10 to each work an extra 4 hours of overtime a week. That would be 45,450 in extra pay and an additional
8930 for social security and medicare matching. $54380 total outlays in additional pay. So, yeah, on paper she's maybe paying $5880.00 more.

In reality, though what you avoid is the lost productivity of training another person, the potentional personality conflicts you always have putting a new person into the mix, the time and effort spent actually recruiting someone by putting ads in the paper and on-line, sorting through 400 resumes, taking time out of your day to do interviews, and so on.

More importantly, you have the flexibility. What if the need for an 11th guy doesn't hold. Then you'll have to get rid of him or worse, get rid of one of your original 10 if it turns out he's a "protected" group that can come back and sue you later.

To top it all off, #11 might turn out to be a total slug. Then the other 10 are stuck carrying him.

Now it might still be worth the risk of all of this if you actually felt confident. All of this goes back to what the Community Organizer is not instilling in employers - Confidence. They aren't certain he isn't going to come up with yet more new goofy rules that will make it harder to do business. They aren't sure what the long term impact of Romney/ObamaCare is going to be.

The thing is, under Obama, businesses are becoming risk adverse. Nobody wants to start a new enterprise only to find out that it might be killing a snail darter or something. if you are one of the lucky business that have not failed under Obama, you hunker down and wait for the rest of it to be over.

Because your remaining employees will be happy for the overtime.
Hey! No fair using facts and logic!

The guy in OP is located in a town of 500 in the hills of Georgia where the median income is 31,000.

lol, if he had any gumption he'd hire some crackers under the table to get his work done.

btw, Waco, Georgia is not that far from where the book/movie 'Deliverance' was set in.

..say no more...:lol::lol::lol:
Your hatred and intolerance for those not exactly like you is blatant.

Okay, so this guy is in the crane business, but can't afford to hire anyone, supposedly.

And supposedly it's Obama's fault somehow?

Well, here's a crane company called Capco Crane & Hoist Inc. located in the infamously liberal state of Massachusetts.

What's their stance on hiring? Well here it is:

Careers at Capco Crane & Hoist Inc.

Specializing in Overhead Bridge Cranes and Hoists

Welcome to the Career Center at Capco Crane & Hoist, Inc. To give you some information about our values, our culture and our career opportunities browse through our site and find out what we are all about.

We provide superior services and products by hiring the best people. Our continued rapid growth demands that we add more employees to keep expanding. If you can help us deliver quality services and products, we offer tremendous career opportunities for employees. You will join a hard-working group of people who are totally committed to giving our customers great service.

The following are current job openings at Capco Crane & Hoist, Inc.

ELECTRICAL OVERHEAD TRAVELING BRIDGE CRANES COMPANY HIRING IMMEDIATELY

•We need experienced bridge crane fabricators, installation experts and service technicians - welders must be certified, electricians should have a license. Pay is based on experience, great health and dental plan, paid vacations and paid holidays, 401K, plus annual bonuses based on performance.

Crane Company | Overhead Bridge Cranes and Hoists

So, maybe the takeaway here is, if you know how to run a crane business, you can prosper, expand, and BE a job creator.

Maybe a little less time spent making dopey signs for your trucks and a little more time learning how to get the job done might help...

That also proves these useless tits protesting no jobs are full of shit.
Yes, but you can't be an experienced crane fabricator or certified welder with a degree in Womyn's Studies.

One of my co-workers daughters is graduating from a welding school in PA soon and already has a good job lined up. She got her start in NY's vocational training high school program.

That would be public school. So shut up.

He's taking advantage of his First Amendment rights.

I know that annoys leftists. "Free speech for me, but not for thee!"

Nobody's denying him his free speech rights. He attacked Obama, some people are attacking him. Free speech, Free speech.
Seems to me the whiners are the ones attacking him for the ultimate sin: Attacking Obama.

Some people are stupid enough to call that treason. Morons.

I attacked him for being wrong, and pretty much proved it.

Well, actually, it would sort of depend. Let's say for sake of argument that she has 10 boys at her company all making $14.50/Hr. I did this chart for my resume service showing what it costs to hire an employee at that rate. It assumes they all have families.

Base Salary $30,000.00
Medicare $435.00
Workers Comp $900.00
Unemployment $455.00
Life Insurance $300.00

TOTAL OUTLAY $48,500.00

So let's say instead of hiring an 11th employee, she simply requires her 10 to each work an extra 4 hours of overtime a week. That would be 45,450 in extra pay and an additional
8930 for social security and medicare matching. $54380 total outlays in additional pay. So, yeah, on paper she's maybe paying $5880.00 more.

In reality, though what you avoid is the lost productivity of training another person, the potentional personality conflicts you always have putting a new person into the mix, the time and effort spent actually recruiting someone by putting ads in the paper and on-line, sorting through 400 resumes, taking time out of your day to do interviews, and so on.

More importantly, you have the flexibility. What if the need for an 11th guy doesn't hold. Then you'll have to get rid of him or worse, get rid of one of your original 10 if it turns out he's a "protected" group that can come back and sue you later.

To top it all off, #11 might turn out to be a total slug. Then the other 10 are stuck carrying him.

Now it might still be worth the risk of all of this if you actually felt confident. All of this goes back to what the Community Organizer is not instilling in employers - Confidence. They aren't certain he isn't going to come up with yet more new goofy rules that will make it harder to do business. They aren't sure what the long term impact of Romney/ObamaCare is going to be.

The thing is, under Obama, businesses are becoming risk adverse. Nobody wants to start a new enterprise only to find out that it might be killing a snail darter or something. if you are one of the lucky business that have not failed under Obama, you hunker down and wait for the rest of it to be over.

Fantastic! THANK YOU both for such great comments!
See Obama and supporters HAVE NEVER had to do the nitty gritty you just did i.e. down to the penny cost analysis of hiring and keeping employees!
Oh one more very minute cost JUST as an example of some of the UNKNOWNS confronting employers especially small business..
For example OSHA.. Here is a clip from OSHA's requirements for of all things toilet facilities!!!

For example are you aware that PER OSHA "water closet" means a toilet facility maintained within a toilet room for the purpose of both defecation and urination and which is flushed with water.
Minimum number of Number of employees water closets
1 to 15.................................................... 1
16 to 35................................................... 2
36 to 55................................................... 3
56 to 80................................................... 4

OSHA requires if a business has 1 water closet for 15 workers
by hiring just ONE worker or 16 the business owner
must have 2 water closets!

Sanitation. - 1910.141

So this hypothetical is OK for now but boy wait till she hires the 16th person!

Must have now two (2) water closets!!!

Oh, incidentally, you know where many crane type businesses get alot of work?

Infrastructure projects.

You know, like the kind Obama wants more of, and the Republicans are blocking.

That also proves these useless tits protesting no jobs are full of shit.
Yes, but you can't be an experienced crane fabricator or certified welder with a degree in Womyn's Studies.

One of my co-workers daughters is graduating from a welding school in PA soon and already has a good job lined up. She got her start in NY's vocational training high school program.

That would be public school. So shut up.
Good for her. How many OWS protesters have done the same thing?

Hint: Zero.

Nobody's denying him his free speech rights. He attacked Obama, some people are attacking him. Free speech, Free speech.
Seems to me the whiners are the ones attacking him for the ultimate sin: Attacking Obama.

I'm sure you enjoy believing that. Leftists have a great capacity for self-deception.

Yea, well......Georgia has been invaded by smart ass Northerners that think they are somehow smarter than Southerners. I've lived here for 28 years since leaving Chicago and believe most of the people here are a LOT smarter than their Northern counterparts. Waco is about 200 miles from where Deliverance was shot, which by the way is a beautiful part of Georgia. Somehow I'm thinking you smart Northerners actually people like that live in Georgia. It was a movie, not reality.

Waco is still (fortunately) pretty much a community of honest, hard working people that truly understand what "having it tough" means.

Stay Classy NYcaribeener.

Blaming Obama for your woes is not smart.

I'm in upstate NY. You know what the local boom is in? Gas well workers. They're all over the place, they're filling up the motels, the rental properties, the restaurants, the bars, etc., etc..

In the evil anti-business anti-energy Obama economy, THAT is what is happening around here.

Stop believing rightwing propaganda.

Well since the drilling moratorium in the Gulf, there are many people that could be working that aren't. Good for upstate NY, you know one of the "favored" states. The South is just not liking 0bama too much these days.

I say bravo for the businesses having the courage to actually say what the problem is. And yes, 0bama has a LOT to do with it.

The biggest energy boom is in the Dakotas. Now you'll have us believe those are Obama favored states?

You're almost too stupid to talk to you daft cow.

HAHAHAHA!!!

HOW GREAT would it be if companies all did a counter-protest to OWS and stated: "We will not hire any new employees, or give raises to any current ones, until Barack Obama is no longer president."

OCCUPY UNEMPLOYMENT DIPSHITS HAHAHAHA!!!!!

They are doing that now. By doing so they are causing untold harm to the US, but they don't care. They don't realize that by making the government and our economy weaker for their own intrests thay are weakening our military and defense capabilities. Our soldiers will bear the brunt of this stance, but what do they care thay have everything they need. But you can see it in their hiring practices. Why else would they need to have an incentive to hire ex-military? what patriots they are.:eusa_eh:

I'm sure you enjoy believing that. Leftists have a great capacity for self-deception.

Go ahead and prove that this guy's paperwork, red tape, costs, etc., are any MORE onerous than anyone else's business,

including the businesses that ARE hiring and expanding and prosperous.

Prove that, and you're right. Fail to prove that, and your best bet would be to shut up and quit making an ass of yourself.

Oh, incidentally, you know where many crane type businesses get alot of work?

Infrastructure projects.

You know, like the kind Obama wants more of, and the Republicans are blocking.

Obama also said that he was instructing his staff to move forward on job-creating initiatives without congressional approval where possible.
The White House announced steps to speed environmental and other regulatory approvals for 14 public works projects across the country."
http://www.timesonline.com/news/local_news/obama-travels-to-pittsburgh-urge-action-to-create-jobs/article_b11cf184-22fe-518c-9e39-f1ed99374672.html

So what's stopping Obama??? HE SAID IT!!
"announced steps to speed environmental and other regulatory approvals "

DUH!!!!!!

When a poor person complains they are told it's their fault and that they should show some personal initiative and responsibility. When it is a business doing the whining we are expected to everything in our power to cater to their wishes. Must be nice to live the double standard.

When a poor person complains they are told it's their fault and that they should show some personal initiative and responsibility. When it is a business doing the whining we are expected to everything in our power to cater to their wishes. Must be nice to live the double standard.

So you are saying Obama shouldn't have bailed out the Auto Industry and those banks?

Hey, I think the biggest mistake he made was not setting the DoJ out to frog march all the wall street crooks into a courtroom.

But given they were his biggest donors, that would have been unseemly....

Base Salary $30,000.00
Medicare $435.00
Workers Comp $900.00
Unemployment $455.00
Life Insurance $300.00

TOTAL OUTLAY $48,500.00

I never fight fair... :lol:

Fantastic! THANK YOU both for such great comments!
See Obama and supporters HAVE NEVER had to do the nitty gritty you just did i.e. down to the penny cost analysis of hiring and keeping employees!
Oh one more very minute cost JUST as an example of some of the UNKNOWNS confronting employers especially small business..
For example OSHA.. Here is a clip from OSHA's requirements for of all things toilet facilities!!!

For example are you aware that PER OSHA "water closet" means a toilet facility maintained within a toilet room for the purpose of both defecation and urination and which is flushed with water.
Minimum number of Number of employees water closets
1 to 15.................................................... 1
16 to 35................................................... 2
36 to 55................................................... 3
56 to 80................................................... 4

OSHA requires if a business has 1 water closet for 15 workers
by hiring just ONE worker or 16 the business owner
must have 2 water closets!

Sanitation. - 1910.141

So this hypothetical is OK for now but boy wait till she hires the 16th person!

Must have now two (2) water closets!!!

Holy Crap! Seriously? Why does this not surprise me.

Go ahead and prove that this guy's paperwork, red tape, costs, etc., are any MORE onerous than anyone else's business,

including the businesses that ARE hiring and expanding and prosperous.

Prove that, and you're right. Fail to prove that, and your best bet would be to shut up and quit making an ass of yourself.
That's right, you just keep pretending you know more about his situation than he does.

That makes you look like an ass, you know.

Forum List

Back