Company Policy: We are not hiring until Obama is gone'

Oh, incidentally, you know where many crane type businesses get alot of work?

Infrastructure projects.

You know, like the kind Obama wants more of, and the Republicans are blocking.
Link?

Link to what? That they use cranes to build bridges?

lol, retard.
No, moron. Your claim that the GOP is blocking infrastructure projects.

You may believe leftist myths without question, but normal people require proof.

When a poor person complains they are told it's their fault and that they should show some personal initiative and responsibility. When it is a business doing the whining we are expected to everything in our power to cater to their wishes. Must be nice to live the double standard.

So you are saying Obama shouldn't have bailed out the Auto Industry and those banks?

Hey, I think the biggest mistake he made was not setting the DoJ out to frog march all the wall street crooks into a courtroom.

But given they were his biggest donors, that would have been unseemly....

No he should not have bailed out the banks nor wall street.
Yes, I agree he should have turned the DOJ on all of the crooks.

But given they were his biggest donors, that would have been unseemly....[/QUOTE
Thus the reason for believing that corporations and the rich run this country, and do not have our best intrests at heart, let alone a sense of patriotism.

When a poor person complains they are told it's their fault and that they should show some personal initiative and responsibility. When it is a business doing the whining we are expected to everything in our power to cater to their wishes. Must be nice to live the double standard.

So you are saying Obama shouldn't have bailed out the Auto Industry and those banks?

Hey, I think the biggest mistake he made was not setting the DoJ out to frog march all the wall street crooks into a courtroom.

Thus the reason for believing that corporations and the rich run this country, and do not have our best intrests at heart, let alone a sense of patriotism.

BUt the point is, he didn't do these things, because he is in bed with them as the Republicans.

And all the OWS shitters are still going to vote for him, just like all the TEA Party people are going to vote GOP even if they nominate Romney.

BUt the point is, he didn't do these things, because he is in bed with them as the Republicans.

And all the OWS shitters are still going to vote for him, just like all the TEA Party people are going to vote GOP even if they nominate Romney.

seen on the news Obama was getting heckled by the OWS protesters. I don't think he'll get all of their votes. He won't get mine.

You have not provided facts.

I'd like to know how many "boys" you have working, how much each are paid, and how many overtime hours each ( at all pay grades ) are working. Then, I'd like you to show me how paying these "boys" overtime is cost effective when compared to hiring more "boys" to carry the load. And...if it is not drastically more cost effective, which it certainly is not, why you would not want to put another working man in the mix......paying taxes and buying shit?

Well, actually, it would sort of depend. Let's say for sake of argument that she has 10 boys at her company all making $14.50/Hr. I did this chart for my resume service showing what it costs to hire an employee at that rate. It assumes they all have families.

Base Salary $30,000.00
FICA (social security) $1,860.00
Medicare $435.00
Workers Comp $900.00
Unemployment $455.00
Life Insurance $300.00
Health Insurance $10,000.00 for a family
Long term disability $250.00
Dental $600.00 for a family
401K contribution $900.00
Equipment/space $2,000.00

TOTAL OUTLAY $48,500.00

Unrealistic. pay increases with experience.
The insurance and 401K contributions are optional
Equipment and space assumes a lot.

So let's say instead of hiring an 11th employee, she simply requires her 10 to each work an extra 4 hours of overtime a week. That would be 45,450 in extra pay and an additional
8930 for social security and medicare matching. $54380 total outlays in additional pay. So, yeah, on paper she's maybe paying $5880.00 more.

Yes. That was my point.

In reality, though what you avoid is the lost productivity of training another person, the potentional personality conflicts you always have putting a new person into the mix, the time and effort spent actually recruiting someone by putting ads in the paper and on-line, sorting through 400 resumes, taking time out of your day to do interviews, and so on.

No. There are people waiting in line for this job......what economy are you living in. In fact, the "new hire" is just as likely to be a previously laid off worker who requires no traing as he/she is to be "new"
More importantly, you have the flexibility. What if the need for an 11th guy doesn't hold. Then you'll have to get rid of him or worse, get rid of one of your original 10 if it turns out he's a "protected" group that can come back and sue you later.

Not a cost.

To top it all off, #11 might turn out to be a total slug. Then the other 10 are stuck carrying him.

Not relevent to discussion.

Now it might still be worth the risk of all of this if you actually felt confident. All of this goes back to what the Community Organizer is not instilling in employers - Confidence. They aren't certain he isn't going to come up with yet more new goofy rules that will make it harder to do business. They aren't sure what the long term impact of Romney/ObamaCare is going to be.

More bullshit.

The thing is, under Obama, businesses are becoming risk adverse. Nobody wants to start a new enterprise only to find out that it might be killing a snail darter or something. if you are one of the lucky business that have not failed under Obama, you hunker down and wait for the rest of it to be over.

More bullshit.

Because your remaining employees will be happy for the overtime.

I see your attempt at rescuing the dummy with your hypothetical example has garnered significant praise from your pals. Good for you. Too bad it fails to make the case.

I'm sure you enjoy believing that. Leftists have a great capacity for self-deception.

Go ahead and prove that this guy's paperwork, red tape, costs, etc., are any MORE onerous than anyone else's business,

including the businesses that ARE hiring and expanding and prosperous.

Prove that, and you're right. Fail to prove that, and your best bet would be to shut up and quit making an ass of yourself.
That's right, you just keep pretending you know more about his situation than he does.

That makes you look like an ass, you know.

Like I said, go ahead and prove that he is subject to more onerous federal government regulation than the rest of those in his sector of business,

if that is what you are claiming.

"bite all you want"... but Obama want's single payer!

Never mind the USA is ten times the size of other supposedly single payer countries... those countries can't provide single payer and are going broke!
Never mind Obama wants single payer ... and in doing so he wants all private health companies to go out of business!
And then where will the $100 billion they pay in Federal/State/Local income taxes as well as office building property taxes AND sales taxes be picked up?
BY YOU the tax payer!
If you want to see examples of nationalized health failures, nationalized oil failures, nationalized auto failures that's what Obama wants!

Now as far as health care financing specifically Medicare you have no Idea what I know about it!
Suffice to say if you are serious about the FACTS..
tell me what city you live in!
I'll tell you what your local hospital charges Medicare.
The reason that's important is this:

Univ. Community Hospital in Florida did
2,110 CAT scans with no contrast
They charge Medicare $2,635
It cost Univ. $43 for each scan.
A markup of 6,127.91%!

Now why would Medicare gladly pay that 6,127% markup?
It's called EMTALA!

And that's just a tip of the iceberg in issues Medicare has and Obama therefore wants with Obamacare to run 1/6th of the economy like that?

And before you bring up private health companies.. just remember one number 80%!
That's what the average insurance company pays from premiums for the claims! 80% are paid out in claims!

And why??? The $600 billion a year gorilla that evidently YOU know nothing about creates that and the Medicare fiasco.. so "bite on that"!

You already posted the bolded part of your post about a month or two ago. Basically word-for-word.
And as I told you back then, I work in the health care industry and have done so for 15 years and I work in strategic planning.
You may think you know damn near everything, but I have my doubts. Otherwise, you'd have a clue that the way Medicare pays bills including CAT Scans, is the basically same way they paid bills under other administrations. Also, as I was in the technical side of health care for ten years (20 years all told in technology) , I very, very aware of the mark-ups in regards to technology. Technology has super high mark-ups in about every business sector.
You're way you bias to be objective, otherwise you wouldn't be posting such one-sided BS that doesn't grasp reality. It's like you trying to blame all the regulation on Obama, when in fact instituting regulations goes back decades by presidents of all stripes.

"Never mind the USA is ten times the size of other supposedly single payer countries... those countries can't provide single payer and are going broke"

Obamacare isn't single payer. Like a majority of Americans, I'm all for Single Payer and not for Obamacare.

So you are telling me that the statistics I showed and CAN show about your local hospital DID NOT come from:
Medicare Hospital OPPS Identifiable Data Set.
The file includes hospital outpatient billing data for 100% of all Medicare
fee-for-service claims for outpatient services provided during the
twelve months ending December 31.2009.

In other words THESE ARE THE REAL claims filed and the cost the hospital reported ---AND MEDICARE is OK because of this stupid law:
"In 1986, Congress enacted the Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA) to ensure public access to emergency services regardless of ability to pay.

So idiot, your local hospital pads and passes on to Medicare their costs of complying with EMTALA.

NOW EMTALA created the unintended consequences of good intentions to the amount of $47 billion a year is padded and passed on to those that pay, i.e. insurance companies, Medicare and OUT of Pocket!

AGAIN though being the ignorant idiot that FAVORS single payer.. you have shown how dumb you and fellow supporters are as to health costs!

When you combine the "EMTALA affect" with what 90% of physicians have identified, "$600 billion in Defensive Medicine" you have the 800 lb gorilla!
Almost $1 trillion of the $2.5 trillion spent all due to RULES and Regulations intended to like you favor "help everyone"!

BUT IT doesn't obviously and so YOU FEEL "single payer" will with a lineage of "trying to help everyone" that has caused $1 trillion a year in waste will improve health care delivery?

Sorry but you are as most naive,ignorant people are grossly uninformed!

Instead of "feeling" do a little "thinking"!!!

The Federal Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA)was passed in 1986 by a Democratic Congress. Who was president then? And did that president try to veto the legislation? NO!
I am in agreement with the effect of EMTALA on the cost of health care.
Also, you seem to have a problem with helping the poor and the elderly. You seem to want to throw these people off the cliff. While most physicians favor Single Payer because it lowers the cost and eliminates and it eliminates the tight reins insurance companies have on the physicians, plus there's all that paperwork they have to do while working with private insurance companies.
In a poll of physicians in Massachusetts taken five years after Romney Care shows that doctors don't want to go back to the status quo you seem top favor.

Okay, so this guy is in the crane business, but can't afford to hire anyone, supposedly.

And supposedly it's Obama's fault somehow?

Well, here's a crane company called Capco Crane & Hoist Inc. located in the infamously liberal state of Massachusetts.

What's their stance on hiring? Well here it is:

Careers at Capco Crane & Hoist Inc.

Specializing in Overhead Bridge Cranes and Hoists

Welcome to the Career Center at Capco Crane & Hoist, Inc. To give you some information about our values, our culture and our career opportunities browse through our site and find out what we are all about.

We provide superior services and products by hiring the best people. Our continued rapid growth demands that we add more employees to keep expanding. If you can help us deliver quality services and products, we offer tremendous career opportunities for employees. You will join a hard-working group of people who are totally committed to giving our customers great service.

The following are current job openings at Capco Crane & Hoist, Inc.

ELECTRICAL OVERHEAD TRAVELING BRIDGE CRANES COMPANY HIRING IMMEDIATELY

•We need experienced bridge crane fabricators, installation experts and service technicians - welders must be certified, electricians should have a license. Pay is based on experience, great health and dental plan, paid vacations and paid holidays, 401K, plus annual bonuses based on performance.

Crane Company | Overhead Bridge Cranes and Hoists

So, maybe the takeaway here is, if you know how to run a crane business, you can prosper, expand, and BE a job creator.

Maybe a little less time spent making dopey signs for your trucks and a little more time learning how to get the job done might help...

For someone who claims to be smarter than the average poster, you are certainly one dumbfuck...

Comparng the welding jobs market in MA to the welding jobs market in GA shows you have no clue whatsoever...

Unless, of course, if your point was that people complaining about no jobs available where they live should move to where they are available...

But we know that wasn't your point... Now go sit in the corner and shut the fuck up...

Okay, so this guy is in the crane business, but can't afford to hire anyone, supposedly.

Well, here's a crane company called Capco Crane & Hoist Inc. located in the infamously liberal state of Massachusetts.

Welcome to the Career Center at Capco Crane & Hoist, Inc. To give you some information about our values, our culture and our career opportunities browse through our site and find out what we are all about.

We provide superior services and products by hiring the best people. Our continued rapid growth demands that we add more employees to keep expanding. If you can help us deliver quality services and products, we offer tremendous career opportunities for employees. You will join a hard-working group of people who are totally committed to giving our customers great service.

•We need experienced bridge crane fabricators, installation experts and service technicians - welders must be certified, electricians should have a license. Pay is based on experience, great health and dental plan, paid vacations and paid holidays, 401K, plus annual bonuses based on performance.

So, maybe the takeaway here is, if you know how to run a crane business, you can prosper, expand, and BE a job creator.

Maybe a little less time spent making dopey signs for your trucks and a little more time learning how to get the job done might help...

For someone who claims to be smarter than the average poster, you are certainly one dumbfuck...

Comparng the welding jobs market in MA to the welding jobs market in GA shows you have no clue whatsoever...

Unless, of course, if your point was that people complaining about no jobs available where they live should move to where they are available...

But we know that wasn't your point... Now go sit in the corner and shut the fuck up...

Oh, so, it's not the president that's affecting the demand for this kind of business, it's regional differences in economic activity?

So the sign on his truck should be, I'm not hiring anyone until Georgia's economy gets as good as Massachusett's economy?

I agree.

Maybe it's Romneycare that makes Massachusetts a more lucrative environment for business.

Oh, so, it's not the president that's affecting the demand for this kind of business, it's regional differences in economic activity?

So the sign on his truck should be, I'm not hiring anyone until Georgia's economy gets as good as Massachusett's economy?

I agree.

There you go again... In what part of the brain to you interpret the welding jobs market to the overall economy in a particular state...??

Seriously, quit while you're behind, lardass....

Last edited:

Maybe it's Romneycare that makes Massachusetts a more lucrative environment for business.

See my previous post...

You're all up in the fail today...

I agree.

There you go again... In what part of the brain to you interpret the welding jobs market to the overall economy in a particular state...??

You're making my points and you're too stupid to know it.

Go ahead and prove that this guy's paperwork, red tape, costs, etc., are any MORE onerous than anyone else's business,

including the businesses that ARE hiring and expanding and prosperous.

Prove that, and you're right. Fail to prove that, and your best bet would be to shut up and quit making an ass of yourself.
That's right, you just keep pretending you know more about his situation than he does.

Like I said, go ahead and prove that he is subject to more onerous federal government regulation than the rest of those in his sector of business,

I'm claiming he knows more about his situation that you do. Look, I know you're a liberal and all, but that doesn't bestow expertise in everything. No matter what you believe.

Meanwhile, I notice that you refuse to back up your claim that the GOP is blocking Obama's infrastructure projects.

I agree.

You're making my points and you're too stupid to know it.

Only an idiot like yourself would even try to claim that...

Sit back down and shut the fuck up.... You really are just embarassing yourself... Again...

I'm claiming he knows more about his situation that you do. Look, I know you're a liberal and all, but that doesn't bestow expertise in everything. No matter what you believe.

Meanwhile, I notice that you refuse to back up your claim that the GOP is blocking Obama's infrastructure projects.

Again, if you have evidence that this idiot is under special more onerous federal regulation than anyone else, and it's Obama's fault, then prove it.

That's your claim. If you can't support it with evidence, then it's baseless.

Again, if you have evidence that this idiot is under special more onerous federal regulation than anyone else, and it's Obama's fault, then prove it.

You're doing it again, arrogant prick. I told you what my claim is, and you stamp your feet and insist it's something else.

You've made three claims in this thread:

1. That the situation of a company in MA is exactly the same as that of a company in GA.

You have not proven that claim.

2. Your second claim is that the GOP is blocking Obama's infrastructure projects.

3. Your third claim is that you know more about a GA business owner's business than he does -- despite the fact that you know nothing about the business involved and have never owned your own business.

You really do expect people to believe what you say simply because you say it, don't you?

Boy, are YOU in the wrong place. :lol:

Please note I'm laughing AT you. :rofl:

History suggests you will dismiss this post as unworthy of your time and look down your nose at me.

Read my signature. It applies to you.

You're doing it again, arrogant prick. I told you what my claim is, and you stamp your feet and insist it's something else.

1. That the situation of a company in MA is exactly the same as that of a company in GA.

2. Your second claim is that the GOP is blocking Obama's infrastructure projects.

3. Your third claim is that you know more about a GA business owner's business than he does -- despite the fact that you know nothing about the business involved and have never owned your own business.

You really do expect people to believe what you say simply because you say it, don't you?

History suggests you will dismiss this post as unworthy of your time and look down your nose at me.

Is that your way of conceding that this idiot in Georgia doesn't actually face any government regulation that any other company does,

including those that are expanding AND hiring?

yes or no will be sufficient.

Is that your way of conceding that this idiot in Georgia doesn't actually face any government regulation that any other company does,

including those that are expanding AND hiring?

yes or no will be sufficient.
How in the name of Gaea's gallbladder did you ever get the asinine notion that you're an intelligent human being? :confused:

Forum List

Back