Coming soon to a hospital near you

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Ninja, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    I thought Ruby might have gotten tired of being an apologist for the Canadian health care system. Here you go Ruby, don't get dizzy when you start spinning:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...=475941&in_page_id=1774&ICO=HEALTH&ICL=TOPART

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Folks, this is what Liberalism brings us. Liberalism is a plague that befalls nations and condemns them to doom. It is a threat to our way of life and to our health. We must NEVER let this happen here. This is a crime against humanity. ANYONE who has ever advocated socialized medicine is responsible for this atrocity.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    Now you need to explain how you get from this terrible incident to your statement:

Any ideas?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. actsnoblemartin

actsnoblemartin I love Andrea & April

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    your 100% right, F Canada, and their anti-common sense/ anti=capitalist approach.

God forbid, we have individual choice, just let the government own you and take all you money, make you wait forever, then give you shitty service.

4. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    This is in the UK actsnoblemartin. Canada (and the UK) have pro-capitalist governments.

It is a terrible event. It should be investigated and whoever is responsible - and I'm including the British government in this - should be hammered. And this systemic failure should not be allowed to happen again.

5. ReillyT

ReillyT Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +164
    From ABC news

Now, if I were an ass, and wanted to wildly extrapolate from individual incidents in order to discredit an entire system for the provision of health care, and (as a bonus) an entire political ideology, I might write something like this:

"Folks, this is what Conservatism brings us. Conservatism is a plague that befalls nations and condemns them to doom. It is a threat to our way of life and to our health. We must NEVER let this happen here. This is a crime against humanity. ANYONE who has ever advocated privatised medicine is responsible for this atrocity."

Of course, if I were to do this, I would hope that most people would just laugh me off, because I could clearly not be taken seriously.

6. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    You're a libtard. To you, this is a heartwarming story, and a healthy newborn baby is a tragedy.

7. Ruby

Ruby Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Now dont let the this surprise you but in america we have plenty of medical horror stories. Each and every one should get attention and each and every one should make us pinpoint problems and fix them, in some cases better oversight is needed.

I dont see this as an indictment of universal health care systems...I see this as a problem with how it was handled and this kind of thing can and does happen in the american system as well.

BTW, why did you use a UK story to bash Canadas system?

8. ReillyT

ReillyT Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Ouch. Your fantastic rhetorical skills have just hurt my feelings. Alas, my insurance will not cover a doctor's visit to get my boo-boo looked at.

Otherwise, you are exactly right. We liberals rejoice at the death of every newborn, and the elderly, and left-handed people. You are so astute.

9. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    Um, where did I bash Canada's system, Ruby?

I posted this as a favor to you, cuz I'm just a swell guy :eusa_whistle:

I thought you might have grown tired of apoligizing for the Canadian system's shortcomings, and might have appreciated the opportunity to defend another country's failed health care system.

10. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    I had heard that Jamba Juice employees have very bad health care coverage. Didn't know it was true, though :rofl: