Comey Sues To Block Subpoena For Him To Testify Before Congress

What is it again butt-hurt Dems / snowflakes said about Trump refusing to agree to an interview?

Oh yeah - I'd he had nothing to hide and is truly In no ent he would just agree to meet and answer questions.'

As usual, the Leftists turn out to be hypocrites who want their own to be exempt from the law / what they try to impose on others....

:p

More importantly, Coney - like Rosenstein and Mueller - seems to think complying with Congressional subpoenas are optional or that you can negotiate to get what you want.

Comey Sues To Block Subpoena For House Deposition

"Former FBI Director James Comey is asking a federal judge to block a subpoena for his closed-door testimony before the House Judiciary Committee.

The committee subpoenaed Comey on Nov. 21 to appear for a deposition Dec. 3 regarding his handling of the FBI investigations into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server and possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian government."

Comey seems to want a public hearing - I am all for that. The last time Comey testified publicly in front of Congress, while answering Gowdy's questions about Hillary's earlier testimony, Comey testifed numerous times - under oath - that Hillary had lied repeatedly to Congress in her testimony ... Explaining why Hillary would only agree to testify if she did NOT have to be under oath!

His last public testimony under oath worked out so well I am up for allowing him to do so again.

LET THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WATCH!!! James Comey on Twitter

In a forceful court filing Thursday, lawyers for Comey wrote that the he was fighting the committee’s bid to force him to testify “not to avoid giving testimony but to prevent the Joint Committee from using the pretext of a closed interview to peddle a distorted, partisan political narrative about the Clinton and Russian investigations.”

Earlier Thursday, Comey tweeted his objection to the subpoena.

“I’m still happy to sit in the light and answer all questions. But I will resist a ‘closed door’ thing because I’ve seen enough of their selective leaking and distortion,” he wrote in a Thanksgiving Day tweet, acknowledging he had received the subpoena.

“I’m still happy to sit in the light and answer all questions."

Yeah, I bet he is. This has been addressed....what do you not understand about Comey not having to answer anything 'classified' in a public hearing, and that the need to have 2 hearings - 1 public and 1 private - to get answers to questions pertaining to classified issues is stupid.

In what you posted Comey is refusing to testify 'in the dark - in a closed-door session where these questions about classified issues can be asked. He is not 'admirably and compliantly' offering to testify to all questions - he is declaring he will NOT answer questions that can NOT be asked / answered in public hearings.

Holy crap.....anyone with an IQ higher than a ROCK can see that and what BS he is trying to pull...

Comey the clown is asking to be questioned in public not closed door....nice try Comey...he wants to be in public so he can answer every question with that's classified.....the GOP is not falling for that to its credit...even those morons learn after a while....

Idiot Republicans allowed Hillary to dictate that her testimony would NOT be under oath.
Lying to Congress is against the law, dumbass.
NO SHIT! And yet Comey testified under oath and declared Hillary Clinton Lied Her Ass Off In Her Earlier Testimony.

GOWDY: Hillary said there was no classified on her server - was that true'?
COMEY: "That is not true"

GOWDY: Hillary said she never sent / received Classified material via e-mail
COMEY: "No, there was classified material emailed."

GOWDY: "Secretary Clinton said she used one device. Was that true?"
COMEY: " "She used multiple devices"

GOWDY: Clinton said the followed the FOIA and Federal Records Act By Returning all official documents to the Federal Govt / State Dept - was that true?
COMEY: "No, we found work-related emails, thousands that were not returned,"

GOWDY: Asked if Hillary had destroyed official documents
COMEY: said the FBI found official documents she tried to destroy AND "there is no doubt that the work-related emails that were removed electronically from the email system."

In this testimony Comey makes it UNDENIABLY CLEAR that Hillary Clinton:
- DELIBERATELY LIED TO CONGRESS
- BROKE LAWS PERTAINING TO HE HANDLING OF CLASSIFIED INFORMATION
- VIOLATED BOTH THE FOIA & FRA THOUSANDS OF TIMES - EACH
- COMMITTED OBSTRUCTION BY ATTEMPTING TO DELETE / DESTROY CLASSIFIED DECIVES, DOCUMENTS & WITHHOLD SUBPOENAED INFORMATION / DEVICES

You snowflakes want a damn SMOKING GUN'? HERE IT IS! Comey proved / confirmed / declared under oath Hillary Clinton LIED to Congress and committed thousands of counts of criminal acts!

...yet intentionally false and stupid snowflakes continue to claim - despite the testimony - that Hillary never committed a criminal act.

In the face of this undeniable evidence, those snowflakes need to STFU unless to admit she broke laws!

Comey challenges truthfulness of Clinton's email defenses

Last edited:
This conspiratorial comment makes as little sense as most of your other comments. This isn't about classified shit. Comey can testify in public, and then agree to discuss matters he would not in public (because they are classified) later in another closed door hearing. how it usually works
People who get subpoenas to testify don't 'usually' get to dictate the conditions....unless idiots allow them to do so.

Wrong again. When it's powerful people with good lawyers, Deals are made before an appearance and testimony is made. It's standard practice. check it out

:ack-1::ack-1::ack-1:

Idiot Republicans allowed Hillary to dictate that her testimony would NOT be under oath.
NO SHIT! And yet Comey testified under oath and declared Hillary Clinton Lied Her Ass Off In Her Earlier Testimony.

GOWDY:

"That is not true"
Link to that testimony? I think you’re deliberately leaving something out.

GOWDY:

"That is not true"
Link to that testimony? I think you’re deliberately leaving something out.
He's delirious from sleep deprivation.

This conspiratorial comment makes as little sense as most of your other comments. This isn't about classified shit. Comey can testify in public, and then agree to discuss matters he would not in public (because they are classified) later in another closed door hearing. how it usually works
People who get subpoenas to testify don't 'usually' get to dictate the conditions....unless idiots allow them to do so.

Wrong again. When it's powerful people with good lawyers, Deals are made before an appearance and testimony is made. It's standard practice. check it out

Then when the dems start issuing their subpoenas the Trump folks can say, "my lawyer says I don't have to show up", correct?

"Comey to court: Force Congress to let me testify publicly or not at all"

Comey is trying to get a court to FORCE CONGRESS to abandon its subpoena against Comey to testify in a closed-door classified session which would prevent Comey from refusing to answer questions due to classification.

If Comey is allowed to only be interviewed in a public format it would give him the ability - again - to refuse to answer questions regarding information that is classified on the grounds that classified information can not be discussed in a public hearing.

Comey knows if he is forced to testify behind closed doors he is screwed, unable to use that excuse, and will be left with having to plead the 5th.

'If he had nothing to hide he would agree to the interview'

THINK .....

What is to gain by refusing to testify where classified issues / evidence can be discussed?

Come on....you can do it....I have confidence that even you can come up with this simple answer.....

Here's another question:

When Mueller subpoenas someone, do they get a say in regards to what questions will be allowed? Did Kelly, Corsi, Papa....?

Funny how Comey is worried Republicans might mis-use his testimony ... after the US IG reported Comey's FBI was caught altering witness testimony after it was given....

What is it again butt-hurt Dems / snowflakes said about Trump refusing to agree to an interview?

Oh yeah - I'd he had nothing to hide and is truly In no ent he would just agree to meet and answer questions.'

As usual, the Leftists turn out to be hypocrites who want their own to be exempt from the law / what they try to impose on others....

More importantly, Coney - like Rosenstein and Mueller - seems to think complying with Congressional subpoenas are optional or that you can negotiate to get what you want.

"Former FBI Director James Comey is asking a federal judge to block a subpoena for his closed-door testimony before the House Judiciary Committee.

The committee subpoenaed Comey on Nov. 21 to appear for a deposition Dec. 3 regarding his handling of the FBI investigations into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server and possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian government."

Comey seems to want a public hearing - I am all for that. The last time Comey testified publicly in front of Congress, while answering Gowdy's questions about Hillary's earlier testimony, Comey testifed numerous times - under oath - that Hillary had lied repeatedly to Congress in her testimony ... Explaining why Hillary would only agree to testify if she did NOT have to be under oath!

His last public testimony under oath worked out so well I am up for allowing him to do so again.

I guess you didn't expect anyone to actually READ your article--you know the paragraph that says this

“Mr. Comey asks this Court’s intervention not to avoid giving testimony but to prevent the Joint Committee from using the pretext of a closed interview to peddle a distorted, partisan political narrative about the Clinton and Russia investigations through selective leaks,” reads a court filing submitted in federal court in Washington, D.C.
Republicans are historically noted for doing just that--:auiqs.jpg: Comey doesn't want the rodeo clowns of the current Republican house & Sean Hannity to manipulate his words to manufacture more conspiracy theories with White House oversite.

e3aa49b47476e75174b9bee0e4656ee0.jpg

So House Republicans on their way out the door are trying to do the final show, over a case that is closed regarding Hillary Clinton--to satiate the appetite of those still suffering from OCDS (obsessive Clinton Derangement syndrome)--and of course to distract from what's going on with Mueller's investigation, & manufacture more conspiracy's over that, and it former FBI director James Comey is smart enough to realize what they're up too.

Comey has already testified 2 or 3 times in senate open public hearings. And has answered questions regarding the Clinton investigation, along with the Russian investigation.
Talk about peddling selective false narratives....the texts from Cindy's own co-conspirator and employee Strzok talked about them having a 'LEAK STRATEGY' in their attempted take-down of Trump.

This is all BS that boils down to ONE thing....

COMEY WANTS AN OPEN, PUBLIC MEETING WITH CONGRESS INSTEAD OF A CLOSED-DOOR SESSION WHERE THEY CAN GET INTO ALL THE CLASSIFIED E-MAILS / DISCUSSIONS / ISSUES, WHICH COMEY AND HIS CONSPIRATORS DESPERATELY WANT TO AVOID TALKING ABOUT OR BEING ASKED ABOUT UNDER OATH!
Actually, he wants it public so everyone tells the same story! In other word, every other person waiting to be interviewed have all the information to corroborate his story! Period

I guess you didn't expect anyone to actually READ your article--you know the paragraph that says this

“Mr. Comey asks this Court’s intervention not to avoid giving testimony but to prevent the Joint Committee from using the pretext of a closed interview to peddle a distorted, partisan political narrative about the Clinton and Russia investigations through selective leaks,” reads a court filing submitted in federal court in Washington, D.C.
Republicans are historically noted for doing just that--:auiqs.jpg: Comey doesn't want the rodeo clowns of the current Republican house & Sean Hannity to manipulate his words to manufacture more conspiracy theories with White House oversite.

So House Republicans on their way out the door are trying to do the final show, over a case that is closed regarding Hillary Clinton--to satiate the appetite of those still suffering from OCDS (obsessive Clinton Derangement syndrome)--and of course to distract from what's going on with Mueller's investigation, & manufacture more conspiracy's over that, and it former FBI director James Comey is smart enough to realize what they're up too.

Comey has already testified 2 or 3 times in senate open public hearings. And has answered questions regarding the Clinton investigation, along with the Russian investigation.
Talk about peddling selective false narratives....the texts from Cindy's own co-conspirator and employee Strzok talked about them having a 'LEAK STRATEGY' in their attempted take-down of Trump.

COMEY WANTS AN OPEN, PUBLIC MEETING WITH CONGRESS INSTEAD OF A CLOSED-DOOR SESSION WHERE THEY CAN GET INTO ALL THE CLASSIFIED E-MAILS / DISCUSSIONS / ISSUES, WHICH COMEY AND HIS CONSPIRATORS DESPERATELY WANT TO AVOID TALKING ABOUT OR BEING ASKED ABOUT UNDER OATH!
Actually, he wants it public so everyone tells the same story! In other word, every other person waiting to be interviewed have all the information to corroborate his story! Period
That, too.

That, too.
Leftists think we’re stupid but that finger keeps pointing at them

Russia and Trump colluded to rig the 2016 POTUS election?
They never have provided a theory on exactly what that might look like!

All Russia needed to do was release the 33,000 emails that they hacked from Hillary. That would have guaranteed a Trump win. Why didn't they release the emails? Maybe since H was guaranteed to win, they had a damn good "compromat" weapon ready to keep Hillary in-line.

Why does it have to be closed door?

Comey should get the fuck out of the country while he still can

Comey called their bluff

Why won’t Republicans hold an open hearing?
Why don’t they ask about Hillary’s October surprise

Forum List

Back