Come unto Christ. The light of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched it, I like it.

Most of movies made about the nativity ignore the traditional Western celebration of it in Winter season, something which is good, because Jesus was born in Autumn, at the end of September or beginning of October.

The best guess, in order to make it as having a more deeper meaning, he might be born the first day of the Feast of Tents, and his circumcision performed eight days later, which corresponds to the Feast of the Last and Great Day, which symbolically means "a new beginning".

Having been born the first day of the Feast of Tents also "justifies" the need of Joseph and Mariam going to Jerusalem in those days, because the Israelite was to travel to Jerusalem three times in the year to celebrate three of the seven feasts of God described in the bible. It is unknown why the Gospel mentions a census when the religion feast is the most plausible reason for the travel.

Very good version of the nativity, I like the simplicity of the scenario and the excellent performance of the characters, who do not overdue their acting and really look very natural.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back