Colorado Homeowner Kills Intruder

Per and shit would be hitting that Bear face from how fast I would be running and pissing and shitting myself…

Hey- all bear spray don't have to be store bought...

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you ever seen the inside of a cabin after a bear had gotten in? I didn't think so.
There is a reason that they lay nail carpets in front of the entry points.

I'm still snickering about the allowing it to get a sammich part.

MA! He used the last of the bologna!

Have you ever seen the inside of a cabin after a bear had gotten in? I didn't think so.
You're talking to a Canadian who is very familiar with black bears.
Trust me on what I say about them, I live in an area that has the largest concentration of black bears in the world. Every third time I walk my dogs I see a black bear or two.

Leaked footage of Donald H protecting his boat from a bear...

Looks a lot like Orcas Island! The girl will learn to not leave food in her kayak. Had she shouted at that bear, it would have most likely run off.

Nail carpets? A black bear will walk right through a wall of blackberry bushes that have thorns as big as carpet tacks. You're just demonstrating your lack of understanding bears.

Same for carpet nails.

Trust me on what I say about them, I live in an area that has the largest concentration of black bears in the world. Every third time I walk my dogs I see a black bear or two.
Then you're not a very smart Canadian. Not talking about a bear you come upon in a walk, although there are
sad stories with those encounters also. (every third time, huh? sure you do) But, we are talking about a bear that has breached a families residence.
good grief :rolleyes-41:

That may be true in your neck of the woods but down here bears are losing their fear of humans making them unpredictable at best. The clapping and yelling doesn't always work and getting between a bear and it's food is never a good idea especially in such close quarters.
Obviously you fail to understand that your paradigm isn't always everyone else's paradigm.

polar-bear-facepalm-big.jpg
Don't run from a Polar bear! But first of all, don't get in a situation in which you're closer than a hundred yards from one. You will have gotten yourself in serious trouble. This the bear that's the exception.

Nail carpets? A black bear will walk right through a wall of blackberry bushes that have thorns as big as carpet tacks. You're just demonstrating your lack of understanding bears.

Same for carpet nails.
Yes, nail carpets, big fucking nails, nailed through plywood in front of doors. I really don't believe a whole lot of what you say, Don.
I know too many people who actually do own cabins and how they cope with wildlife and the protection of their structures.
If you need one....

idiot

That may be true in your neck of the woods but down here bears are losing their fear of humans making them unpredictable at best. The clapping and yelling doesn't always work and getting between a bear and it's food is never a good idea especially in such close quarters.
Obviously you fail to understand that your paradigm isn't always everyone else's paradigm.
If you and the others can keep it sensible and rational, there's a chance of me acknowledging your opinions.

You and Meister are hinting of some understanding of black bears that have been domesticated to some point. That's not where the discussion started.

Fwiw, the black bears I see are somewhat domesticated as they see humans every day and they are sometimes chased by dogs.

I know what I'm talking about and nothing you've said about black bears surprises me. If you have any questions,, just ask politely.

Yes, nail carpets, big fucking nails, nailed through plywood in front of doors. I really don't believe a whole lot of what you say, Don.
I know too many people who actually do own cabins and how they cope with wildlife and the protection of their structures.
If you need one....

idiot
Then when they're nailed through 1/4 inch plywood or thicker, the carpet tacks would be about 1/2" long.

Think before you start talking about tack carpets. LOL

We can still have a rational discussion here. If you wish that then get some longer nails.

If you need one....

idiot
We're finished when you call me an idiot.

If you and the others can keep it sensible and rational, there's a chance of me acknowledging your opinions.

You and Meister are hinting of some understanding of black bears that have been domesticated to some point. That's not where the discussion started.

Fwiw, the black bears I see are somewhat domesticated as they see humans every day and they are sometimes chased by dogs.

I know what I'm talking about and nothing you've said about black bears surprises me. If you have any questions,, just ask politely.
Usually I tend not to converse with you because you are almost always a condescending know-it-all who pretends to have sensible and rational discourse.
Of course you won't accept this but then again right wing and left wing zealots never will. Have a nice day.

If you need one....

idiot

I like the electric unwelcome mat shown in the link. The second the bear stepped on it, it turned tail and ran, also scared the 2nd one with it bad enough that it followed the first without even checking out what happened.

If you need one....

idiot

Maybe Canadian bears are like Canadian people.

Forum List

Back