College graduates, once favored in the job market, are now seemingly less valuable than their blue-collar counterparts.

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Employers themselves helped create this mess by requiring a bachelors for every entry level position and collecting Ivy League sheepskins like so many stamps.

"I've spent ten years doing it." will always trump "I spent eight years in college theorizing about doing it."

I've completed tons of plumbing, hvac, and mechanical repairs thanks to a small amount of skill and a lot of YouTube. I bet I have saved thousands.....I sure as hell can't say that about what some Harvard weenie has to offer.

It's funny because it's true.

Last edited:

Employers themselves helped create this mess by requiring a bachelors for every entry level position and collecting Ivy League sheepskins like so many stamps.

"I've spent ten years doing it." will always trump "I spent eight years in college theorizing about doing it."

I've completed tons of plumbing, hvac, and mechanical repairs thanks to a small amount of skill and a lot of YouTube. I bet I have saved thousands.....I sure as hell can't say that about what some Harvard weenie has to offer.

It's funny because it's true.

You think people go to Harvard to learn plumbing?

They would be of more use.
Sure they would. If they aspire to be plumbers.

But, what if they want to be architects or lawyers? Can you wrap your brains around that?

The next time you or your family are up for major surgery - make sure you insist on doctors who have no formal training. Heck, if you can't learn it via youtube, what good are you, amIright?

College graduates are half as likely to be unemployed as their peers who only have a high school degree. Typical earnings for bachelor's degree holders are $36,000 or 84 percent higher than those whose highest degree is a high school diploma. College graduates on average make $1.2 million more over their lifetime.

Please lock thread.

"Hey, I should get $150K in loans to get a worthless degree taught by bat shit crazy Marxist professors so I can get a job at Wendy's, what could possibly go wrong?"

It is hard to get a STEM degree that will have good high paying job opportunities. Too many of the little shits nowadays want to go to college and be taught that White people are evil and that Communism will work this time if we would just give it one more chance.

Thats better for the country than black or queer studies

Most students should be encouraged to take tougher studies like engineering instead
Sure, if we all lived under a totalitarian regime like China or Russia. Where everyone has to think exactly the same.

I would rather live in a free country where people with different backgrounds and experiences live together.

As an example, ancient Athenians were free to be who they were while Sparta forced all of its male citizens to serve only as warriors. Athens is now remembered for its democratic principles and its architecture while Sparta is just a footnote in history.

Sure, if we all lived under a totalitarian regime like China or Russia. Where everyone has to think exactly the same.

I would rather live in a free country where people with different backgrounds and experiences live together.

As an example, ancient Athenians were free to be who they were while Sparta forced all of its male citizens to serve only as warriors. Athens is now remembered for its democratic principles and its architecture while Sparta is just a footnote in history.
Woksters are free to study anything they want

But also free to use their worthless degree as soda jerks at Starbucks where they will never earn enough money to pay off their student debt

Just dont expect plumbers to subsidize them for the rest of their life

Woksters are free to study anything they want

But also free to use their worthless degree at Starbucks where they will never earn enough money to pay off their student debt

Just dont expect plumbers to subsidize them for the rest of their life
Of course, that's what freedom is all about. You are free to choose what you study and you are free to live with your consequences.

I am not sure where you get the idea that plumbers are subsidizing anyone but hey you are free to keep having those fantasies.

Of course, that's what freedom is all about. You are free to choose what you study and you are free to live with your consequences.

I am not sure where you get the idea that plumbers are subsidizing anyone but hey you are free to keep having those fantasies.
Biden wants taxpayers to forgive the student debt of college grads (and presumably dropouts too)

Plumbers pay taxes you know

My granddaughter got her pharmacy degree. She's making decent money(6 figures) after 3 years in. She's married to an engineer(electrical). They're not going to have kids. They have a real nice big house and 2 really nice vehicles. Not sure they'd have those jobs without a college education.

I would rather live in a free country where people with different backgrounds and experiences live and work together. Fixed it for you one class doesn't support the other

My granddaughter got her pharmacy degree. She's making decent money(6 figures) after 3 years in. She's married to an engineer(electrical). They're not going to have kids. They have a real nice big house and 2 really nice vehicles. Not sure they'd have those jobs without a college education.
Both have STEM degrees. They will do fine. College paid off for them.

My neighbor's son graduated from High School a few years ago. Smart kid with a good work ethic.

He was considering going to college but had no idea what to study. Instead of going to college just for the heck of it he decided to go into the trades. Nowadays he is a plumber. He is making great money. More than his college educated father office manager.

Both have STEM degrees. They will do fine. College paid off for them.

My neighbor's son graduated from High School a few years ago. Smart kid with a good work ethic.

He was considering going to college but had no idea what to study. Instead of going to college just for the heck of it he decided to go into the trades. Nowadays he is a plumber. He is making great money. More than his college educated father office manager.
Good tradesmen are in demand. A good choice to get trained in. Mechanics also. Our small engine guy is at $110 per hour labor.

Biden wants taxpayers to forgive the student debt of college grads (and presumably dropouts too)

Plumbers pay taxes you know
So do everyone else. Why would you think Biden is singling out plumbers?

As for student debt forgiveness? It's not just liberal education but everyone who got scammed by the so-called universities.

Trump U comes to mind.

So do everyone else. Why would you think Biden is singling out plumbers?

As for student debt forgiveness? It's not just liberal education but everyone who got scammed by the so-called universities.

Trump U comes to mind.
you singled out plumbers in post #3

“You think people go to Harvard to learn plumbing?”

I’m following your lead

you singled out plumbers in post #3

“You think people go to Harvard to learn plumbing?”

I’m following your lead
Because I was responding to the OP who specifically mentioned plumbers. Try to keep up.

You are free to choose what you study and you are free to live with your consequences.
You should really look into the Marxist plans for relieving college loan debt, kid. You sound totally ignorant here.

Forum List

Back