Employers are fed up with college 'waste,' opt for skilled blue-collar workers instead

Sure I do. I have friends who are still business owners, and doctors, and tradesmen, and educators.
You think that I can't understand what they are suffering?
You're an idiot.
Which you go to great pains to prove with virtually every utterance you make.

West, you are obviously talking to a very small-minded man who has no such relationships in which to relate, much less understand.

Which in NO WAY invalidates the value of a University diploma

It basically comes down to this…..As a whole, Those who have a College Degree or Technical School Diploma do better than those who do not.
in some cases, just as many cases they do not, it really depends on which 100 are in your poll.

Depends on the trade.

Plumbers and electricians yes. Carpenters and painters probably not.
Carpenters too. Especially finish carpenters.

Painters make good money here, I have no idea what they make where you are.

One of my friends decided to become a lineman. He is making 5,000 a week, AFTER taxes, and he is still just an apprentice.

Employers don't value college degrees as much as originally thought, recent survey data shows, and the disdain is behind a restored appreciation for blue-collar job-seekers that bring skill and experience over education.

The study, known as the Freedom Economy Index (FEI), a joint project of job recruiting service RedBalloon and PublicSquare, surveyed opinions from 70,000 small businesses between Oct. 25 and Oct. 30, with 905 respondents, a 3% margin of error and a 95% confidence level.

When asked about the "return on investment" of higher education, a whopping 67% of participating employers responded "strongly no" when asked if they believed institutions of higher education were "graduating students with relevant skills that today's business community needs."

Our turnover rate is ridiculous with this latest generation, grown adults crying because they aren't equipped to work efficiently in an office or plant. Many claim not enough praise as reason for leaving. Todays new employees are yesterday's kids that received trophies for showing up and heard "Good Job" for the simplest of things. -OG
It's a real shame that our board of education here in Los Angeles proudly seeks to get every high school graduate to apply for college.

Many students would be happier and more productive if they were enrolled in "trade school" and come away with a marketable skill.

Hear tell that American employers have to tap resources in foreign countries for employees.

Why? We have plenty of American youths who can fill those jobs if they get the required training.

Sure I do. I have friends who are still business owners, and doctors, and tradesmen, and educators.

You think that I can't understand what they are suffering?

You're an idiot.

Which you go to great pains to prove with virtually every utterance you make.
I think you sit in a rocker and watch Fox all day in your retirement home, and wonder why the kids never visit.

I think you sit in a rocker and watch Fox all day in your retirement home, and wonder why the kids never visit.

Proving yet again what a moron you are.

I watch Gutfeld on Fox. Nothing else. My daughter is doing awesome. Looks like she is going to Caltech.

And I work harder than you do. I don’t need a retirement home, I have a nice house with a fully equipped workshop.

Proving yet again what a moron you are.

I watch Gutfeld on Fox. Nothing else. My daughter is doing awesome. Looks like she is going to Caltech.

And I work harder than you do. I don’t need a retirement home, I have a nice house with a fully equipped workshop.
So an old fart who watches Fox. I was right.

BTW, my pharmacologist knows about most of the things I mentioned, and he's just a pill-pusher.
I’m guessing you mean pharmacist.

A pharmacologist is a medical scientist who studies medications. They do not dispense medication.

Do you really think becoming a pharmacist is easy?

It’s like you’re determined to publicly display your lack of education or intelligence with every post here….

Employers don't value college degrees as much as originally thought, recent survey data shows, and the disdain is behind a restored appreciation for blue-collar job-seekers that bring skill and experience over education.

The study, known as the Freedom Economy Index (FEI), a joint project of job recruiting service RedBalloon and PublicSquare, surveyed opinions from 70,000 small businesses between Oct. 25 and Oct. 30, with 905 respondents, a 3% margin of error and a 95% confidence level.

When asked about the "return on investment" of higher education, a whopping 67% of participating employers responded "strongly no" when asked if they believed institutions of higher education were "graduating students with relevant skills that today's business community needs."

Our turnover rate is ridiculous with this latest generation, grown adults crying because they aren't equipped to work efficiently in an office or plant. Many claim not enough praise as reason for leaving. Todays new employees are yesterday's kids that received trophies for showing up and heard "Good Job" for the simplest of things. -OG
Biden disgusting and disastrous closing of schools and being bossed around by school unions will someday brand him as America's Worst PResident

Powerful teachers union influenced CDC on school reopenings, emails show​

The powerful teachers union’s full-court press preceded the federal agency putting the brakes on a full re-opening of in-person classrooms, emails between top CDC, AFT and White House officials show.

The documents show a flurry of activity between CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky, her top advisors and union officials — with Biden brass being looped in at the White House — in the days before the highly-anticipated Feb. 12 announcement on school-reopening guidelines.

I didn't say that at all, Dolt. But its a good bet that I won't be having that girl as my doctor. And a surgeon learns surgery. Next time you go see a surgeon, ask him if he can tell you the number of bones in the body! Let's make it fair, make it an orthopedic doctor! But don't go too far and ask him/her the number of bones we have at BIRTH. Hint: we are born with several more bones but as we age, they fuse together to end up with the number I gave you.

Strange but true.
Wow. If you know nothing about the medical field, why are you posting as if you are so certain?

It’s baffling. I guess only the truly ignorant can be that groundlessly confident in themselves.

Surgeons absolutely go to medical school, get a medical degree and absolutely know more about “the bones of the body” than you do.

They specialize in surgery later in their education obviously, but they have the same medical foundation in their education as general practitioners or psychiatrists or anyone else who goes to medical school.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back