Listen!

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
The idea of academically productive discussion in class is always held as a laudable goal, but it can be easier said than done. Many teens are sullen, reticent, and pathologically self-conscious. Getting such kids to participate in class discussions can be tough. What I have frequently found to be effective? LISTEN. So many kids have told me that no one ever actually bothered to listen to them that when someone actually does, it turns out they have a lot to say. I reckon this applies to most people in most circumstances.

Last edited:

Zero Hedge -- right now -- see below​

Youngsters denied General Comprehension development and Thinking assistance .
Produces digital age Dumbos lacking both width and depth .
Major reason for US collapse, though doubtless in time the same problem will emerge elswewhere

A New Type Of Dementia Plagues America ( title)​

DOYR​

The idea of academically productive discussion in class is always held as a laudable goal, but it can be easier said than done. Many teens are sullen, reticent, and pathologically self-conscious. Getting such kids to participate in class discussions can be tough. What I have frequently found to be effective? LISTEN. So many kids have told me that no one ever actually bothered to listen to them that when someone actually does, it turns out they have a lot to say. I reckon this applies to most people in most circumstances.
Academia does not want kids to debate openly. They don't want kids to think for themselves.

Academia is an environment where they provide "safe spaces" where people are not allowed to utter a word or thought that might offend Leftist ideology, such as men can't have babies or abortion is murder, even if the child is viable in the womb.

Meanwhile, kids are holding protests against Jews and chasing them around campus threatening their lives with impunity. Why? Cuz it's a Left-wing objective.

In fact, the only time kids are allowed to protest is for a Left-wing cause, such as protest against guns, climate change, or telling the world Jews are vermin.

Academia is nothing more than a Left-wing indoctrination center that is destroying the country.

Oh for fucks sake.
Our culture is so youth centric today that it is literally tearing the very fabric of society to pieces.
Literally.
No one listens to them... what a joke.
They should listen to us. Hear our wisdom. But they don't. If you tried, they would just have you sitting in front of a DEI board who would force feed you sensitivity training.

Oh for fucks sake.
Our culture is so youth centric today that it is literally tearing the very fabric of society to pieces.
Literally.
They should listen to us. Hear our wisdom. But they don't. If you tried, they would just have you sitting in front of a DEI board who would force feed you sensitivity training.
Schools like Harvard are grooming the next generation into becoming Jew hating Nazis. That is what are future leaders will become.

It is amazing that the Left has normalized grooming children in schools, teaching them it is hateful to say men can't have babies, and not normalizing genocide against Jews

And our media and political leaders be like.......................

1700312810167.png

Is there nothing they can't normalize?

Last edited:
Exactly.
I saw the OP thread and just wanted to barf.
What a load of garbage.
We both view the current landscape with sadness .

But the OPs point that youngsters are not listened to warrants serious consideration and not unconsidered dismissal .imho

Before these kids are fully conditioned and entrained , the mind ( not brain ) still questions and queries . Gut instinct , if you will .
That is when you can mentor them back to sanity and uncondition them .
Therein lies possible salvation, though I suspect that is just a pious hope now .

As a professional gambler , the American Empire is walking dead . It's funeral is not far away .
imho

We both view the current landscape with sadness .

But the OPs point that youngsters are not listened to warrants serious consideration and not unconsidered dismissal .imhp

Before these kids are fully conditioned and entrained , the mind ( not brain ) still questions and queries . Gut instinct , if you will .
That is when you can mentor them back to sanity and uncondition them .
Therein lies possible salvation, though I suspect that is just a pious hope now .

As a professional gambler , the American Empire is walking dead . It's funeral is not far away .
imho
What you describe is not an act of you listening to them, but them listening to you.
Mentoring is not you conforming to them, it is them learning and conforming what THEY learn from YOU.
Of course you listen, but you don't listen to them for guidance, you listen to them to understand what they have wrong, or misunderstand, and better inform them.

What we are doing as a society today is like this.......
Imagine you have a group of 100 people. They are all gathered together to build something wonderful. In the room are a some of the smartest/brightest engineers in the world. Also in the room are people with decades of experience as leaders. People who have achieved great things.
As they are gathered, a small number of people walk into the room. And with them are 10 kids, all under the age of 20.
A man approaches the microphone. And he tells everyone that these 10 kids are in charge of everything. And everyone will spend the next month in sensitivity training to their needs/desires and whims. Nothing they say can be challenged. If they are feeling unhappy, you must be very sensitive to their needs. If you are not, you will lose your position and must leave this organization. You are not allowed to argue against whatever they say, and no matter how absurd or wrong it is - you must pretend that what they believe is real and operate this organization as such.
If this organization fails - it will not be their fault. But yours. Always yours.

Oh for fucks sake.
Literally.
Wrong again.

Oh for fucks sake.
Literally.
Do you know what forum this is in?

Having done some substitute teaching and a lot of tutoring with teens and also taught Sunday School for high schoolers for a lot of years, I agree. It's too bad that far too much of academia these days lectures/indoctrinates instead of encouraging critical thinking and inventive perspectives. My classes/students often taught me as much as I taught them. I doubt it's that way in many places anymore.

What you describe is not an act of you listening to them, but them listening to you.

What we are doing as a society today is like this.......
Imagine you have a group of 100 people. They are all gathered together to build something wonderful. In the room are a some of the smartest/brightest engineers in the world. Also in the room are people with decades of experience as leaders. People who have achieved great things.
As they are gathered, a small number of people walk into the room. And with them are 10 kids, all under the age of 20.
A man approaches the microphone. And he tells everyone that these 10 kids are in charge of everything. And everyone will spend the next month in sensitivity training to their needs/desires and whims. Nothing they say can be challenged. If they are feeling unhappy, you must be very sensitive to their needs. If you are not, you will lose your position and must leave this organization. You are not allowed to argue against whatever they say, and no matter how absurd or wrong it is - you must pretend that what they believe is real and operate this organization as such.
If this organization fails - it will not be their fault. But yours. Always yours.
Well aware of how to obtain top result from mentoring protcols having a B Hons. Psychology plus Post Graduate work .

With respect , to make your point you have simply devised a "test" scenario which is totally geared to producing the conclusion that you already believed in .Self fulfilling .

Exactly what you must not do .

A lot of young people are not prepared for the harshness of the real world I think. We're so sensitivity and feeling focused that they grow up about as resilient as glass. A person should have a little bit of wisdom and life experience by the time they turn 18. Maybe not a lot, but some. A lot of them don't though, seems like, and I think it's because they've lived bubble wrapped childhoods where they're coddled and mostly deal with other people digitally. They're developmentally behind when it comes to their emotional state and social skills.

Forum List

Back