College Football Champ!

College Football Champ - Who Will It Be?

• Clemson

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Alabama

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Iowa

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Notre Dame

• Michigan State

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other

• Total voters
Sure! We can do that. If you want to rely on MSU winning on a play so rare it is almost never seen, and depends on Nick Saban repeating a costly mistake, by all means hope for that.

I'll rely on our field goal kicker to put points on the board and win the game.

Let me guess....that's why Saban put the F.G. kicker on the field ???

Yes, that is why Saban put the kicker in. To try and score points.

Tell me this, how many times have you seen a missed field goal caught and returned?

Four or five times.

But nothing was sweeter than to watch that Auburn guy take it down the sideline. 7:00 is the best......the Auburn Arena where people were watching on TV.

I have been watching football for 50+ years, and have never seen a missed field goal returned for 6. I guess you must watch some odd games.

Here is a fun fact for you. Do you know what a 5 year old Alabama fan and a 90 year old auburn fan have in common?
Both have had 2 National Championships in their lifetime.

Yep....number 3 for Alabama slipped away in the short 11 seconds it took Auburn to run back that missed attempt.

Nah, counting back, number 3 for Alabama was in 2009. As opposed to never having gotten a 3rd.

But then, that leads to another trivia question. What has Gus done that Nick hasn't? Lost a BCS Championship Game. The SEC owned the BCS Championships, until auburn folded against an ACC team.

But at least you can brag that Gus Malzahn is faster than Nick Saban. He managed to tally 12 losses in just 3 years. It took Saban 8 years to get that many losses.

I also understand why aubbies like to cheer about that kick return. In the last 5 years it was the only game y'all won. The other 4 were Bama's (including a 49-0 beatdown in 2012).

Have fun at the Birmingham Bowl.

I also understand why aubbies like to cheer about that kick return. In the last 5 years it was the only game y'all won. The other 4 were Bama's (including a 49-0 beatdown in 2012).

You think I am Aubbie...???

Not at all. I am a Pac 12 guy.

But, I certainly enjoyed watching Alabama in such inglorious fashion.

Oh, so you are just a hater? lol Plenty of those. It is winners that are rarer.

Hater ?

Maybe a bit strong....

But I do enjoy watching......

Alabama
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Notre Dame

lose.

Hater ?

Maybe a bit strong....

But I do enjoy watching......

Alabama
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Notre Dame

lose.

We agree on enjoying watching Notre Dame lose.

I wish Ohio State had made the playoffs, so Bama could get payback.

But at least you will get to see Oklahoma lose to Clemson.

ROLL TIDE!!! Tonight is the first game of the playoff!! Take down MSU, then on to the Championship Game!!

Who in the hell is the genius that decided to put the Semi-Finals on December 31st?

I'll miss the Clemson-Oklahoma game because I am working.

We have Friday, Saturday and Sunday off, yet they schedule them on December 31st.

Not very smart.

Who in the hell is the genius that decided to put the Semi-Finals on December 31st?

I'll miss the Clemson-Oklahoma game because I am working.

We have Friday, Saturday and Sunday off, yet they schedule them on December 31st.

Not very smart.
Agreed. Should not be on new years eve.

Oklahoma 7 to zip.........quick strong drive and they got the ball again.............

When a Tiger messes with the bull.......it's gonna get the horns.

LOL

Couldn't have been more wrong. Oklahoma QB folded like a cheap suit through the rest of the game. Just intercepted him again near the goal.

Clemson has it in the bag.

Go Tigers!

Not gonna happen. Bama's defense will ruin Clemson's championship dreams.

Offense wins game. Defense wins championships.
You may be right......but you may be wrong. That's why they actually play the game to see who wins and I'm rooting for my Tigers. However, if my Tigers loose I'm not going to miss any sleep over it. Who knows, it might be Clemson's defense that steps up and wins them the game. Ok was held scoreless the second half.

Notre Dame is out, but that was a game for the ages. Notre Dame - Stanford, Notre Dame takes the lead with 30 seconds left, Stanford throws a couple passes to get into field goal range and kicks a 45yd FG to win, 38-36.

This was a game well worth watching.
None of the big games were good. All blowouts.

Forum List

Back