Colbert is OK with gas prices

What I am is someone with a basic understanding of economics.

A field in which you show incredible ignorance.

In the age of technocracy? "Basic Economics," are an anachronism. I wonder if you even have a clue? :rolleyes-41:

Brutal Bombing Shocks The World - #NewWorldNextWeek​

Interview 1708 – New World Next Week with James Evan Pilato

03/11/2022
This week on the New World Next Week: if a bomb falls on a Yemen child, does the media notice; ESG is a corporate social credit score; and Biden signs an executive order on crypto and CBDC

Story #1: Yemen Under Longest Period of Saudi Heavy Bombing Seen Since 2018

Story #2: ESG Scoring Drives Companies Into Sustainable Development, Aka Technocracy

Story #3: Biden Signs Crypto Executive Order, Hoping to Advance Digital Dollar

Story #2: ESG Scoring Drives Companies Into Sustainable Development, Aka Technocracy

Corbett Discusses ESG and Blackrock in #SolutionsWatch

Podcasts | S&P Global

Don't want you.
You WILL do it.
You have no choice.
The automakers are abandoning fossil engines.

Too bad you fools bought into the oil companies' propaganda these last 40 years.
If the collective you had used your brains as something other than a spacer for your ears
We'd have EVs getting a thousand miles per charge with a 20 minute charge cycle

But you just enjoy those big SUVs and pickup trucks pulling 10-12 MPG.
Maybe when the oil companies get the price up to the point where your fillup costs $250
Your brains will kick in.
Not hardly. We get most of our electrical from fossil fuels. Our electric grid is slowly being maxed out. California shuts down power when the wind blows. Government has to heavily subsidize green energy to make it even close to affordable for the average person. To think that increasing the electrical needs to power more and more evs is not going to create problems is just crazy. We are creating a giant pollution problem with all the blades off wind turbines, mining lithium, killing off birds with wind turbines. We will still need fossil fuels to mine and produce most of what consumers need.
To make claims that we would have long range EVs with incredibly short charging times is really nothing but pie in the sky wishful thinking. The technology is not there nor is there anything to suggest that it will be there in the near futur.

An 8 year old running a lemonade stand knows more about economics then a liberal does
coming from the idiots that think the President controls oil prices that would be funny if it didn't demonstrate such extreme ignorance.

So you don't know anything about economics and now technology..

We did have electric cars 40 years ago no one wanted to buy one and the technology didn't exist for over 300 miles per charge

And you fuckers wanted $4 bucks a gallon gas
If I wanted a history lesson from a moron I'd just ask you.

But, obviously your ignorance of both history and economics doesn't quite raise to the level ove moron.
Get you some larnin' boy!

. . when the left sees through your bullshit? You know it is lies and bullshit. And soon, the whole world will wake up to this totalitarian crap.

Go buy yourself a buggy whip and a horse.
You can always hook the horse up to the useless F250!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Steven Colbert "I’m willing to pay $4/gallon. Hell, I’ll pay $15 a gallon because I drive a Tesla.”

Comment:
Colbert spreads hate and he is not very entertaining.
He is worth $75 million so yea, he can afford a Tesla.

High gas prices disproportionately hurt poor people, so OF COURSE the left loves it.

In the age of technocracy? "Basic Economics," are an anachronism. I wonder if you even have a clue? :rolleyes-41:

Brutal Bombing Shocks The World - #NewWorldNextWeek​

Interview 1708 – New World Next Week with James Evan Pilato

03/11/2022
This week on the New World Next Week: if a bomb falls on a Yemen child, does the media notice; ESG is a corporate social credit score; and Biden signs an executive order on crypto and CBDC

Story #1: Yemen Under Longest Period of Saudi Heavy Bombing Seen Since 2018

Story #3: Biden Signs Crypto Executive Order, Hoping to Advance Digital Dollar

Corbett Discusses ESG and Blackrock in #SolutionsWatch

Podcasts | S&P Global

Basic economics is.
That crap you're linking is crap.
Economics is.
Your ignorance of it is as well.

Not hardly. We get most of our electrical from fossil fuels. Our electric grid is slowly being maxed out. California shuts down power when the wind blows. Government has to heavily subsidize green energy to make it even close to affordable for the average person. To think that increasing the electrical needs to power more and more evs is not going to create problems is just crazy. We are creating a giant pollution problem with all the blades off wind turbines, mining lithium, killing off birds with wind turbines. We will still need fossil fuels to mine and produce most of what consumers need.
To make claims that we would have long range EVs with incredibly short charging times is really nothing but pie in the sky wishful thinking. The technology is not there nor is there anything to suggest that it will be there in the near futur.
Today.

Fossils accounted, at one point, for 94% of the US electric energy production. 1966.
In 2019 that was down to 80%.
And that will continue to shrink.

Coal is a dead industry.
Oil is becoming more and more expensive to obtain and refine.
Same for natural gas.
But solar will be around, at its current level for another 4 or 5 billion years
Wind as well.
Along with water and geothermal.

By 2035 none of the major US manufacturers will be making fossil fueled vehicles.
No one is building coal fired plants in this country.
BUT
Solar plants? Wind? Lots of building.
Fusion is around the corner.
Battery technology has increased range to as much as 700 miles per charge.

It is coming. You can get on the train or get run over by it.

Today.

Fossils accounted, at one point, for 94% of the US electric energy production. 1966.

Coal is a dead industry.
Same for natural gas.
Wind as well.

By 2035 none of the major US manufacturers will be making fossil fueled vehicles.
BUT

Roflol. Yes fossil fuels have dropped but they are a big part of our electric generation.
Fusion is still a ways off if it ever happens because not only have we so far been unable to get out the th energy we put in we have been unable to create a sustained reaction.
I see you still do not understand that the government heavily subsidizes so called green energy. To out do natural gas for power generation we are going to have to stand for triple current power costs per kilowatt hour or double the national debt each year.
there you go making outrageous milage claims. If we have such great battery power why is Tesla and other manufacturers limiting their range on a single charge to. 200 or so miles? Must be some grand conspiracy on their part.

Today.

Coal is a dead industry.
Same for natural gas.
Wind as well.

BUT

Here is some light reading for you. Six Major Automakers Agree to End Gas Car Sales Globally by 2040

Roflol. Yes fossil fuels have dropped but they are a big part of our electric generation.
Fusion is still a ways off if it ever happens because not only have we so far been unable to get out the th energy we put in we have been unable to create a sustained reaction.
I see you still do not understand that the government heavily subsidizes so called green energy. To out do natural gas for power generation we are going to have to stand for triple current power costs per kilowatt hour or double the national debt each year.
there you go making outrageous milage claims. If we have such great battery power why is Tesla and other manufacturers limiting their range on a single charge to. 200 or so miles? Must be some grand conspiracy on their part.
A continuously shrinking part.

Perhaps you should educate yourself:

Despite the opposition across generations from the fools, well, like you, the renewable energy industry has grown and, UNLIKE THE OIL INDUSTRY...continues to grow.

Tell me... when oil gets to $400 a bbl are you going to quit driving?
How much electricity can an oil fueled plant produce when there is no oil?

Seriously, sit down and think about the absolute idiocy of your position in the long term.
Just set aside your "own the libs" mindset and actually think about the issue.

A continuously shrinking part.

Perhaps you should educate yourself:

Despite the opposition across generations from the fools, well, like you, the renewable energy industry has grown and, UNLIKE THE OIL INDUSTRY...continues to grow.

Tell me... when oil gets to $400 a bbl are you going to quit driving?
How much electricity can an oil fueled plant produce when there is no oil?

Seriously, sit down and think about the absolute idiocy of your position in the long term.
Just set aside your "own the libs" mindset and actually think about the issue.
Roflol. Tesla still is not 700. Oil does not fuel electric generation. You idiot. It is natural gas or coal or nuclear. Not oil.
You seem to not understand anything. Where do you think tires, most plastic, asphalt and even the grease and oil needed to run wind powered windmills is coming from. How about the grease and oil used to lubricate EVs? Hint OIL.
I know you are committed to EVs no matter what and no matter how deluded you are but truth is it not only costs a small bundle to buy the initial car but batteries need to be replaced and they are not cheap.
The more EVs on the road the less taxes are created to fix roads so eventually they are going to have to charge a lot more for something like license plates for them to make up for the loss in taxes.
If auto makers do completely stop making internal combustion vehicles, I think they will not really stop because too many customers will not switch, all they will do is open up more of a used vehicle market.

And your point?
As noted...
Manufacture and sales of gas vehicles will end.
Put that in your tank and drive it.
My point is they say they will but my point is if you look at everything that has been said over every part of history a lot of things have been said and not followed through because of public and public opinion.
They are not held by any law. If not enough of the public does not switch or if they start buying used because they can not get anything but EVs you can bet your bottom dollar that economics will make them switch back.

Buy a Tesla they say, and save the world

0a7819d809a76f86.jpeg

Roflol. Tesla still is not 700. Oil does not fuel electric generation. You idiot. It is natural gas or coal or nuclear. Not oil.
You seem to not understand anything. Where do you think tires, most plastic, asphalt and even the grease and oil needed to run wind powered windmills is coming from. How about the grease and oil used to lubricate EVs? Hint OIL.
I know you are committed to EVs no matter what and no matter how deluded you are but truth is it not only costs a small bundle to buy the initial car but batteries need to be replaced and they are not cheap.
The more EVs on the road the less taxes are created to fix roads so eventually they are going to have to charge a lot more for something like license plates for them to make up for the loss in taxes.
If auto makers do completely stop making internal combustion vehicles, I think they will not really stop because too many customers will not switch, all they will do is open up more of a used vehicle market.
Funny, a couple of posts ago you had them at 250. At this rate they'll be at 2000 miles per charge by the end of your moronic day.

Just how stupid are you? Do you bother with the tiniest of investigation before spewing your ignorance all over your feet?
There are over 1000 oil fueled power plants in the US.
GEZZ. Wot a maroon.

Seriously. Get a brain checkup. Pretty sure the covid has shrunk your already tiny brain to microscopic proportions.
You think that there's no way to translate gas taxes to electric taxes?
I pay taxes on my electric use you flukin idiot. So do you.
Geez. Does your ignorance know any bounds?

If I wanted a history lesson from a moron I'd just ask you.

But, obviously your ignorance of both history and economics doesn't quite raise to the level ove moron.
Get you some larnin' boy!
So me teaching you a history lesson means I am ignorant of history? Do tell captain dumb fuck..

My point is they say they will but my point is if you look at everything that has been said over every part of history a lot of things have been said and not followed through because of public and public opinion.
They are not held by any law. If not enough of the public does not switch or if they start buying used because they can not get anything but EVs you can bet your bottom dollar that economics will make them switch back.
The "LAW" to which they are bound is supply and demand.
The demand for evs will increase.
The demand for oil fueled vehicles will shrink.
A business wants to be in a growing market rather than a shrinking.

Now go buy yourself aa commodore 64 and ride home in your horse towed F350 and compute on that.

Man.
I was told as a kid that Republicans had a good handle on economics.
Turns out that's just another GQP lie.

Forum List

Back